Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Canucks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude,

I was thinking the same thing watching last night... the rink seemed so small and crowded! Definitely gonna take some time to get used to again... tomorrow night vs Dallas should be a good start :D

~TBwhocan'tseemtogetthedoorsopenonthisdamnbus/bandwagonyet :rolleyes:

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oilers

How do you know what I know?
cause they know a lot more about hockey
Who are they? Just because there is an couple of S's at the end of his name does not mean there is two of them.....:rolleyes:

Butoutfcukwit!

Jimmy Holiday

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lets get back on topic

We are in the Canucks thread are we not?

If you boys want to get into a name calling match,start pming each other,jackasses!

Dude and Regs

The game did have alot more flow in the 3rd,I guess the boys needed some game time after the layoff to get back into the grove of things.

Jimmywhowantstobeamoderatorsoon :)

Oilers27

Feb 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Game

Yeah i thought the ice seemed small and it took me a while to get back into it i kinda like the big ice it really opens the game up !

as for Knvb thats a big word (Butoutfcukwit) it should be in the big word forum :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

oilers

Liverpool=Champs

Dec 11, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Canucks looked pretty good

Down 4-2 in the third to the Blues is tough to comeback from but the boys managed to do so in style.
Jimmy - I agree with you they did start slow but Cloutier came up big late and whoever thought Pronger was 1st star was just still celebrating Canadian Gold! Andrew Cassels deserved the honour of 1st star by a long shot, and Big Bert definetly deserved 2nd star.

GOCANUCKSGO,GOFORTHECUP

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The paper said Cloutier... are you going tonight Jimmy? It's Reedie's stag tonight so we'll all be there :rolleyes:

~TB.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Canuck's Stag

On a Thursday night?

How is Robert doing Robert?

On a Canucks note, what is the chance of Skudra being used as trade bait with the Leafs, now that Cujo is down for 8 weeks with a broken hand.

I think Cloutier will play most of the way in the big play-off run for the Nucks, Skudra will probably only get a handfull of games.

It might be the right time to bring the young kid up, he played well against Dallas in his first NHL game.
Do you think that Skudra has any value on the market, especially with the trade deadline coming soon.

When is the deadline?

HOSwishingReedieafunStag:eek:

Jimmy Holiday

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Skudra

HOS

I do believe that Skudra has played well,but not well enough for the Leafs brass to think enough of him to make that trade.Word around the league is that Vernon is gonna be their goalie of choice.He does have a cup and plenty of experience(he's gotta be about 50) ;)

Regs

Firstly congratulate Reedy for me and hopefully we'll see ya there,trying to secure some tix as I type.I'm sure it won't be tough to find what section you guys will be sitting in.(Hooligans):D

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
OUCH

Just when you thought the puck would get stuck in Pierre Turgeons skates for just a second longer the bastard gets the puck out and with Cloutier stuck after the block by Ohlund , Mike Modano pots it home with .2 seconds left in the game.With seven seconds left and the puck outside the blueline things like this should never happen. Sure they get a point from the draw but when the play-offs are approaching and every team is battling for the last spot it's these type of points that kill a team.

besty

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Didn't anyone else see Letowski get tripped off the face off by Maddano?
Absolute garbage! The goal would never have happened other wise!
Refs are friggen useless. Those points could be very large when it is all said and done!!!:mad:

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Missed it

That must have been some play to get you all steamed up enough to finally post, Besty. Your first post in 219 days -- that makes you 0.0045662 posts per day. Keep at it, coach! ;)

KeeperwhoknowsRegslikesstats

Jimmy Holiday

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Skudra

I'm hoping Skudra gets the next start so the team can get back on its winning ways.Cloutier hasn't been playing that bad but the team was winning before the break with Skudra in the pipes.They are in the hunt so why not ride the hot goalie.

Guinness do you think that thin skinned bastard has a say in who starts in net?

Liverpool=Champs

Dec 11, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Canucks unlucky

The boys played well against the '99 Cup champs last night, just got unlucky in O.T. I agree with whoever said that Modano deserved a penalty just before the winning goal and I just want to add that WTF game were the refs watching when they penalized Jovo absolute Crap. Anyways enough of that, tommorow night to look forward to 7pm at Minnesota on Pay-Per-view, we should kick their asses. I can't wait for this one it should be a beauty of a pint session. My prediction: Canucks 5-1 Wild

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The 99 cup champs?

17 of them play elsewhere now.

The Canucks should have humped the Stars.

and now Besty's so upset that he felt he had to post.

fat monkey

Oct 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Go with Cloutier

Skudra was playing well before the break, but in the last couple of games before the Olympics, he started showing signs of the odd mental lapse. That has been dogging him throughout his career and is why he was not able to land an NHL deal before the season.

When the Canucks picked him up, eyebrows were raised around the league (not as much as when they signed Brochu, but dont get me started!). Everyone thought Skudra was finished. To his credit, he battled back and has become a pretty reliable backup.

But these lapses are the reason the Make-Believes will not come calling for Peter Skudra. I have trouble believing the Vernon rumour actually; he couldnt stop a beach ball this season.

My feeling is to start Cloutier against the Wild on Saturday. If there is a hockey team out there who can get your goalie back in the groove and full of confidence, I believe they make their home in Minneapolis-St. Paul.:cool:

Ever seen a Monkey on skates?:D

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
7 minute power play

Has anyone seen that kind of call before??? If so what was it, with the atmosphere and the fact I was a bit pished to understand what was going on!!! anyway they didn't look good enough for a 7 minute power play PLUS a 2 man advantage within it!!!:eek: still, important 2 points hopefully it gives them a lift!!!

Jimmy, I would have went with Clouts because we need him to get his confidence back... I do think Burke has a bit to say, but ultamitely Crow has the last word...

Oilers27

Feb 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jimmy

Hey, Jimmy i was just wondering if you caught brown's fight on saturday...i think he did him in pretty good for a rook :eek: :eek: :eek:

oilers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0