Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Canucks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimmy Holiday

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Brown

Oilers27

I'll give him the decision on that one but that guy he fought(Marshall)has had a hard time against Cooke:eek:

Anyhow,the Nucks are in a battle and go on the road for the next 8 out of 9.This road trip is huge!

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yep. This could be the season here. They really need to get more than 1/2 of the points available to keep up in the chase, and to gear up for a good, final stretch run.

Time for the sisters to step up.:eek:

Jimmy Holiday

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Winger

Burke is looking for a winger to fill Klatt's shoes but has anyone heard of any names that may be on the trading block with different teams that we have a legitimate shot at?

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What?

They were looking at Marty Macinnis, but he's since been traded to Boston. What? I think they are interested in Brad Isbister which would be a good move. What? He's a good young player, and would probably fit in good here.

What?:mad:

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Breaking News!

This just in:

TSN:

"The Vancouver Canucks have just signed a box of hockey tape to play right wing. In a related move, the Canucks have assigned Daniel Sedin to their farm affiliate, the Manitoba Moose."

This is the best move Burke has made all year…

john

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I thought I heard that Scott Mellanby was on the blocks? I think he might be unrestricted at the end of the year? He would be a perfect fit!

Others mentioned were Rob Dimio(sp), Shane Willes (but just traded to TB)..........but for me the big question is what are we going to trade? Should we trade Schafaer?

Dave Pratt on the TEAM 1040 says the Nucks should persue Fluery! Any comments on that? He would be great but too big a risk for my liking..........plus we don't have the assets to get him.

John

brum

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fleury would be a great addition to the team. Cooke and Feury on the same line would give teams migranes all game long. Assets is the question. Draft picks, and getting rid of the sisters would be great news. I dont see Burke trading the sisters anytime soon. It would make him look like an idiot for drafting them both then trading them 2 years later.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fleury for Schaefer?

I like that. Just don't throw in that box of tape though, we need it :rolleyes:

~TB.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Box is good.

I'd still like to know what the box signed for. Nobody has said yet.:rolleyes:

Huge game tomorrow. The Canucks are getting ready by playing golf down in Pheonix today.

Hockey players have tough lives.

hammerhead

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Trade Deadline

I agree that Theo may be a good fit, if you can stand the tantrums. May fit right in with the type of fans Linden brings out. Theo's style works better out west, with the faster more open style. Big paycheck though. I like the idea of Isbister, but think Burke will have to give up a bunch to get him.
As for the Sedins, I think they will be great players for some other team.:)

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Is no one worried about the fact that Flurey is FCUKED IN THE HEAD? I hear the box of tape wants Smyles old Number. Should we give it to him?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Dope on Box

This just in:

TSN:

"The box of hockey tape is apparently playing for free in exchange for protection from the equipment manager."

Mojo on the TEAM threw out a good name: Vincent LeClavier. Send them the sisters and the rights to Schafer. Good trade because the team rids themselves of the sisters (who can’t be endearing themselves to their teammates right now), and acquires a guy who can help them right now, and in the future. I’m inclined to think Fluery would be a good rent-a-player for a playoff drive, provided the price is cheep, and his contract runs out at the end of the season. The guy is a proven performer in the playoffs, and would be a spark the team needs to get in.

Dude needs box bad.:mad:

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It makes no fcuking difference......

They are shite. Go back to a couple of months ago when the Captain said they WERE NOT going to make the playoffs. I feel sorry for all the bandwagon jumpers now. What do the putzes say now? :rolleyes:

6-1

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Apprentice is with the Captain on this one

I bet all the French frogs in Vancouver are not too happy about the Canucks ripping shite up.

Oh how the tide turns. Guinness, my good old pal where are you and the rest of your soldiers after the Canucks took a beating from the cup contending Coyotes.:rolleyes: I love it..........

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Awful effort

I didn't watch much, but from what I saw, they stank! Saw Daniella take a dive late in the first period. Refs didn't bite...I would have given him an unsportsmanlike. Very concerning, considering it was, until now, the biggest game of the year.

They are now officially in a tailspin...what, 1 win in the last 5? What do they need to do to get back to the level of effort they had during that great run after Christmas?

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oh Fcuk

It is not looking too bright at the moment!!!:( Lets just hope for a quick turn around...
Apprentice I'll double or nothing that pint your in debt... Canucks will finish with more points than the,
nogoodstinkinouttabetossedoutoftheNHLHabs!!!:rolleyes:

Guinnessispredictingaplayoffbirth!!!GoCanucksGo!!!;)

besty

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think I’m with ya on that one.
Especially after listening to the players talk about out working the yotes to get a win for the past three days.
I can smell them from here……

Frustrated! Out!:mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0