Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Scottish Premier League Results 2002/03

ParkHead

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
After today's matches the standings stay the same heading into the old firm match. Celtic beat Hibs 1-0, Petrov with the winner. This game was not easy on the eyes neither team offered much. BTW I hope Sylla has seen his last day in a Celtic uniform!! Terrible.

The other Glasgow team won 4-3. They were up 4-0 early behind goals from Ferguson, and 3 from Arveladze. I did see the 3 goals by Livingston and they were all well taken goals.

Up bright and early Sat morn boys 4:30 kickoff!!

Parkhead

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats to Rangers and their TTP fans

Rangers 3 Celtic 2

It was a strange game with Celtic scoring after 19 seconds. Rangers tied it up on a shoc-king attempt by their keeper, to punch the ball out. At this point, Celtic's defense looked to be rattled. They let Ricksen(the worst diver in the world) dipsy doodle his way through for the 3rd goal. The second goal came from a good cross and nice finish by De boer. Once again, Celtic's marking off the ball was crap. The half finished 3-1 for Rangers.

Celtic completely dominated during the first 15 minutes of the second half and Hartson scored to maked it 3 - 2 at th 61 minute mark. I failed to mention that Hartson missed a sitter in the first half, which would have made the score 2 - 1 for Celtic. Anyway, after this, Celtic seemed to run out of steam. Rangers lumped the ball up the field trying to take advantage of their pace. They had a couple of half chances but nothing materialized. I don't recall Celtic having any good chances after the second goal. However, Klos had an excellent game for Rangers and once again, Douglas did nothing to help Celtic's cause. Fortunately, they teams play two more times, which still gives Celtic hope.

I'm starting to have my doubts with O'Neill though. He should have taken Agathe out and tried Fernandez. John Hartson is a tub of goo and Neil Lennon can't pass a ball forwards. Sutton needs to play up front and Larsson was obviously playing at less than 100% because he was invisible for most of the game. Overall, the game was okay but it certainly wasn't as good as the first one.

Captain

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What a difference.......

I am currently watching the Man. United/Arsenal game and can't help but notice how much better it is than the Celtic/Rangers game from this morning. The pace is quicker, the players are more skillful, and the passing is superb. Rangers and Celtic are not even close to the top teams in Premier, which is somewhat disappointing, I guess.......

Captain

Sep 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
familiar quote

Captain, I believe Arse Wenger feels the same about scottish footie as he was quoted in saying a month back how he'd never look to the SPL for transfers cause of how terrible that league is. For that one time only I had to agree with the french git. MANCHESTER UNITED are BACK!!-Fantastic game...!

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: familiar quote

Originally posted by Inspector Blake
Captain, I believe Arse Wenger feels the same about scottish footie as he was quoted in saying a month back how he'd never look to the SPL for transfers cause of how terrible that league is.

Inspector, thats weird because the very same frenchman looked enough at Rangers to sign Van Bronchourst (sp) last offseason!!! I guess frenchmen say the darnest things when the teams below them A.K.A. Man United:D are surging forward!!!

On to the important news!!! :cool:

Rangers are top!!!!!!!!!!!! I guess Captain made a fair assessment of the match, followed cleverly by that witch doctor Jinky:rolleyes:...At the end of the day, Rangers go back on top where they undoubtly belong and the hoop faithful will blame Douglas for being the shyte keeper that he is... I'm still too pished to write anything more understanding so I won't bother giving any of you bastards material to work from!!!!

Follow, Follow, we will Follow Rangers!!!:wa: :bronco: :knvb:

PS. I forgot to mention the way in which I was greeted out of my snooze a half hour ago... The inlaws from the smelly side of Glasgow phoned to tell me (about 10 of the drunk fcuks were singing) that the Gers won and they didn't care because Klos is still German and and Douglas is a Wanker!!!
Well being the witty bastard that I am :rolleyes: my response was, fcuk sakes could you let a man sleep in his glory, I've been to bed for 15 minutes and igits like yourselfs keep phoning to wish me happy birthday a day late!!!:mad: Knowing the high rolling Scots, they probably got a discount on the call because it was Saturday???

Sep 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
good point sleepy head

I wonder how van Bronchurst felt after he heard Wenger make such comments? Once again van Bronchurst saw nothing but pine. By now he must have an arse like most chinese women!

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
thumbs down captain draino!

Stick to posting about Degassi High my man.
Went out with the lads tonight to watch the hoops and blue battle from saturday.Although rangerforever was very pleased with the result,this match could have gone either way.
Douglas was fricken shocking on the first,the second goal was
simply beautiful.But the last goal was a shocking terrible break.
The lad beats two boys only to go off the defenders leg for a gimme!I am not saying we were all over them,but besides the last 20 minutes.That game could have gone either way!
Larsson was invisible yes,but Hartson was no tub of goo at all.
That second goal was simply brilliant son,not the goal,but the touch he did to start the play.Rangers Moore was very very
tight out of the back all night long.(fcuking Ausies)
I thought the boys played well,and thier is no way in hell that
the Man U - Arsenal game was a better match.

repporting from kelly o's.
skoop coach.

ParkHead

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
The only difference in the game was Klos was good, made some great saves and made the saves a goalie is supposed to make. However Douglas was shite again!! Switch the goalies around and Celtic win!!

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
thank you!

Exactly my point!
Captain must have taken a bad shot to head last weekend.
Jinky,care to respond?

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Klos was the man of the match.

Not to worry though,

from Teamtalk,

Hoops boss Martin O'Neill has been boosted by the return to training of goalkeeper Magnus Hedman after the player recovered from a calf strain.
The news will be something of a worry for current number one Rab Douglas, who has been criticised in the wake of Saturday's Old Firm loss just like he was in the 3-3 draw with Rangers at Parkhead earlier in the season.
Hedman would arguably have been handed a starting place after the first derby of the season had it not been for his untimely injury, but after almost three months on the sidelines the player will shortly be back in contention.
Meanwhile, Scotland boss Berti Vogts insists that Douglas remains his first-choice keeper despite the criticism he has received of late.
"Rab made a mistake for the first goal but tell me a goalkeeper who hasn't made a mistake this season," he said. "He is still my first choice."

Hard luck for Scotland.

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
impartiality is over-rated, apparently.......

The Captain, for once, is spot on. It's difficult to argue with him on football matters as the man simply knows his stuff. All other matters, however....... I have no particular affinity to Celtic, Rangers, Man. Utd. or Arsenal though, if pressed, would choose Man. Utd. and Rangers. The fact is, as the Captain so correctly points out, the Premier League south of Hadrian's Wall is faster, more skillful, and better all-round. And it always will be until the two Glasgow clubs are granted entry which is, surely, simply a matter of time.

When it comes right down to it, what were the Old Firm results last night in the Champion's League?

ParkHead

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fastshow

I think everyone realizes that the two Glasgow teams are wasting their time in Scotland. Until the two go to England I don't think you will see either make any significant run in Europe. How can they play those shite teams on Saturday and then play the Man U or Inter's and expect to be on top of their game. Let alone the fact they would have more money and could draw far better talent if they were in England!!

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
sense...........

It just makes sense on so many levels. Without the Old Firm of course the SPL would lose advertising revenue but that can only help grass-roots Scottish football. Without the wonga to afford the supposed 'big name' players like Caniggia and De Boer who have gone there to pad out their RRSP's, the remaining sides would have to concentrate on exlporing their own patch for the next generation of players. No more fannying about with Johnny Foreigner. I believe this, in time, will also happen to the EPL but, as I've said, it will just take more time.

Stick Rangers and Celtic in Div.1 and let them win promotion the old-fashioned way. This would bolster the coffers for all the Div.1 sides and whichever two teams were shoved down a division to accommodate the Old Firm could be compensated enough to make it worth their while. The gates alone for any English Div.1 side playing either of the Old Firm teams would be monstrous. Who needs ITV Digital anyway? Then there's the Worthington Cup (perhaps not so worthless after all with the inclusion of the Old Firm) and the FA Cup would be sent a rocket too. It's a win-win.

I should be in charge, it's all so very simple.

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fasty

It is not all that common that I post immediately after your "two bits":rolleyes: and actually agree with most of what you wrote... Hell, I guess it's the festive season, although I cannot wish you or anyone else on this website a Merry Christmas, because some little Jewish kid may be sitting behind his computer and find my gesture in good nature somewhat offensive!!! What have we all become???:(

As for Coach, Jinky and that puff tart Parkheed...

OK, I'll agree with you lot also, RAB Douglas was the reason Ricksen blew by 4 Celtic players to feed an outstreched Mr. Bean who toe poked the ball through the legs of another hoop clad defender and wasn't left for dead as Mols slotted what would eventually be the winner!!!:rolleyes:
Get your heads out of your arses!!! Klos made one out of this world saves off Thompson (why this guy didn't start in front of Petrov is beyond me) and took control of his box, but that is what he is paid to do??? Douglas was late getting to a corner and Amoruso was out muscled by Moore to head home the opener...

Bottom line, Celtic had a 60/40% advantage in possesion, however Rangers were much more dangerous on the attack and created many more scoring chances in the penalty area... If the ref had of kept up with play he would of called a PK on that Star Trek looking goon Balde for his kick on Lovenkrands about 10 minutes from time...
Celtic couldn't match Rangers foot speed and paid for it... Douglas shouldn't be the scapegoat... Why not moan about something else, the "We'll blame it on our keeper rant" is getting old!!!

Follow, Follow, We Will Follow Rangers!!! :wa: :bronco: :knvb:

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0