Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Scottish Premier League Results 2002/03

Lupoman

Nov 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
cside where are ya?

surprised Cside isn't in here cheering the hoops on. Are you sure you're green ? You talk the talk, but can you walk the walk? Rangers this year bud. It will be close but it will be Rangers!

lupoman

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
what really happened when Celtic went to Newcastle.........

Basically, there were 2 fights in total.

The Celtic players took a pummelling in the first one only to be saved by Henrik Larsson.

Neil Lennon stood at the back and looked like he was going to get into the fight - but kept on going back to Rab Douglas. He ended up getting arrested for arguing and answering back.

Chris Sutton backed in and held on to a bouncer. The bouncer was arrested.

Bobby Petta started the fight badly, got in one good punch then feigned injury before melting back into obscurity.

Didier Agathe raced in at a million miles an hour but failed to deliver any telling punches.

Rab Douglas tried to play the peace maker and give the Daily Record photographer his camera back - but dropped it in the Tyne.

Martin O'Neill hopped around on the periphery like Zebidee on speed. 'We fought like lions. I mean it, I really do.' he said to the ground in front of a reporter afterwards.

John Hartson was not involved in the fight, surprisingly. He was in the chippy.

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
for Buckfast at Christmas...........

To the tune of 'If you're happy and you know it, clap your hands':

If the team can't beat Kilmarnock, blame the ref
If John Hartson is a diver, blame the ref
If O'Neill jumps up and down
Like a mad demented clown
It's because they're out to get us, blame the ref

If we cannae beat the Rangers, blame the ref
If Rab Douglas is a shitebag, blame the ref
If Bobo can't mark Moore,
And Larsson is so poor
It's because the world's against us, blame the ref

If our fans ri-ot at Ajax, blame the police
If they do the same in Vigo, blame the police
If they do the same again,
When they come home on the plane,
Well, we all know cops are masons, blame the police

If Neil Lennon is a nutjob, blame the press,
If Valhaargen is a robber, blame the press
If Bobby Petta and Mjalby
Get nicked for 'gieing it laldy'
It's all a proddy plot, blame the press.............

JAGS

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Harry Wraggs were robbed.....

I am absolutely gutted about the result yesterday. The Harry Wraggs from Firhill had the points, but took a red card in the 70th minute and the side folded like a cheap Walmart 2 man tent. Had all intentions of sliding on my favorite yellow and red jersey to head out to the Rangers Club and watch the match, but a certain hockey game the night before was my downfall. Would have been great to take some points and I'm sure Parkhead, Captain, Jinky and C'Side were cheering for Glasgows' favorite third team. In fact, I'm sure it is their second favorite team in Glasgow.

JAGS :knvb:

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain Putz

I understand this:
Pos. Team Pld W D L GF GA Pts
1 Rangers 21 18 3 0 64 16 57
2 Celtic 21 17 2 2 57 13 53
3 Hearts 21 9 6 6 32 32 33
4 Dunfermline 20 10 3 7 37 38 33
5 Hibernian 21 9 2 10 29 31 29
6 Kilmarnock 21 8 5 8 22 33 29
7 Dundee 21 6 7 8 25 32 25
8 Partick 21 5 6 10 22 34 21
9 Aberdeen 21 4 8 9 18 34 20
10 Livingston 21 4 5 12 27 34 17
11 Dundee United 21 3 6 12 18 41 15
12 Motherwell 20 3 5 12 25 38 14

Dancin' Orangemen!!!:knvb: :knvb: :knvb: :knvb: :knvb: :knvb:

JAGS

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Match Report from Partick Thistle's Website

www.ptfc.co.uk

Match Report from the unbiased Plastic Whitles website:

Objectivity has never been one of your reporter’s strong points; objectivity when reporting matches against the old firm puts that limited sense of balance completely out of the window.
So is it paranoia, an affliction normally associated with the East End of the city? Or were Thistle the victims of yet another horrendous injustice when the visitors took all three points from a game that, for so long, seemed destined to end in a home win?

The answer would have been crystal clear to anyone who was at the game, or who watched it on the live TV transmission.
Thistle started well and, coming off the back of five straight home wins, looked confident of adding to their tally.
Despite conceding two early corners, neither of which troubled Arthur, The Jags were soon swarming all over Klos’ goal and took an early lead when Britton showed composure to control the ball on his chest, and then hook it over for Milne who’d come charging down the left.

Kenny clipped the ball into the middle and Toastie, ghosting in al la Albert Craig, calmly slotted the ball in after only seven minutes of play.
The response was predictable, as was the lack of consequence for the culprits. Moore flattened Britton and Muscat went straight through Lilley.
Meanwhile, Hardie had a header that flew just wide after a long free-kick from Craigan.
As Thistle continued to embarrass the visitors, Muscat once again lunged into a tackle, the recipient this time being Gerry Britton and Moore Scythed down Martin Hardie. On this occasion, both received well deserved yellow cards which, paradoxically, appeared to act as insurance policies since within 1 minute of being cautioned, Moore crudely fouled Kenny Milne, but escaped any further censure.
If that was a trailer for the Festive Season’s favourite (not) film, The Great Escape, then the fact that the Australian managed to stay on the pitch after hacking down Craigan as he broke out of the box is a mystery without a discernible solution!

In between, and after receiving advice from the fifth official (AKA Barry Ferguson), the referee booked Kenny Milne for a tackle on Hughes.

In terms of more conventional activity, Burns had a good run and shot that carried just over the bar and Cannigia replaced the ineffectual Latapy.
As the half drew towards an end, Thistle were pushed further and further back although only an Amorusoesque effort from Muscat and a half-hit drive from De Boer came anywhere near Kenny’s goal.
The second half got underway with Malcolm on for Hutton as the visitors strove ever more desperately to get on level terms.
Their Italian centre back, a sort of poor man’s Chiarini, was cautioned for throwing his toys out of the pram when The Jags got a corner and Klos had to look sharp to dive out to punch clear with Britton and Hardie closing in on the ball.

But these attacks grew more and more sporadic as the pressure grew and as a final toss of the dice, their third substitute was introduced with Hughes making way for a young striker, Steven McLean.

At this point, you might expect to read details about the dramatic final twenty minutes of this fixture.

Well think again!
You see, it has been brought to the attention of your reporter that the football authorities monitor match reports, and other content, on official websites and that a seriously dim view is taken of any comments which might be described as less than complimentary of referees or the conduct of opposition players.

Since it is unlikely that the view from the Jackie Husband Stand would find favour in the corridors of power, all that is left to say is that Mols equalised when Kenny was unable to hold Lovenkrands’ drive and that De Boer scored a winner to deny Thistle even a share of the points.
In between these events Gerry Britton was sent-off.

It is, at the time of writing, unclear whether or not the club will appeal against the red card.
Natural justice would demand that any subsequent penalty be expunged, but then justice is often a stranger to football matches involving some teams (allegedly).

Thistle, despite being denied the return they deserved, played well for long stretches of the game, and must try to take positives from the second successive heart breaking result.
There were plenty of good performances to relish, and the team spirit and fight will take us through opponents against whom we can compete on a level playing field, in every sense of the term.

JAGS

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Seriously? I have hard time believing that.

How about this?

UEFA Cup 2002/2003
[Qlf] [Rnd 1] [Rnd 2] [Rnd 3] [Rnd 4] [Qrtr] [Semi] [Final]

Round 4:

1st leg: Feb 20, 2003
2nd leg: Feb 27, 2003
Match 1st leg 2nd leg Winner
Slavia Prague (CZE) - Besiktas (TUR) x-x x-x ?
Hertha (GER) - Boavista (POR) x-x x-x ?
Malaga (SPA) - AEK (GRE) x-x x-x ?
Lazio (ITA) - Wisla (POL) x-x x-x ?
Anderlecht (BEL) - Panathinaikos (GRE) x-x x-x ?
Celtic (SCO) - Stuttgart (GER) x-x x-x ?
Porto (POR) - Denizlispor (TUR) x-x x-x ?
Auxerre (FRA) - Liverpool (ENG) x-x x-x ?

The funny thing is Celtic are still in the 'B' Cup and Rangers aren't even close to clinching. I jumped the gun earlier last week out of shock more than anything. We play TWO more times this year and Partick proved that Rangers can be taken on any day. Of course a very controversial red card sent the Blue Noses on their way. Surprise, surpise. Right, Bucky? If it is not the ref giving a penalty, then it is giving an undeserved red card. :p

P.S. I'm sure you don't understand the above information. It is obviously new for a Rangers' fan to understand the concept of playing in Europe past Christmas. Sorry for the difficult post.

Captain

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Match Report from Partick Thistle's Website

Originally posted by JAGS
In between, and after receiving advice from the fifth official (AKA Barry Ferguson),

Sorry, is that JAGS or Jinky talking? ;)
Magic sonno.

Hey, my request said "word" not "words".
Next time I'll know better. :rolleyes:

JAGSY, the reason I asked was I didn't watch the match as I just cannae dae it at that time in the mornin', BUT, I did hear that Thistle were robbed.
The response I got was certainly expected.
Did you have to go on and on and on and on?
You're sounding like the Hoopsters now.
You shouldn't stoop to that level. :cool:

Well done to the Thistle, MY second favourite Glaswegian team. :)

Capitano, I do believe we were still in it after JC's birthday last year so piss off. :p

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
All right then.

With respect to this Newcastle nonsense. Richard Gough, (many casual Rangers fans might not be aware that he used to captain the Ibrox side) had this to say on the matter;

Don't Laugh Gers Fans

By RODGER BAILLIE

RICHARD GOUGH has warned Rangers fans their laughs at Celtic's expense could come at a price - because it could propel the Hoops on a title-winning run.
The Ibrox faithful have been having a ball since Bobby Petta, Johan Mjallby, Joos Valgaeren and Neil Lennon were arrested on Celtic's Christmas night out on Tyneside.
But former Gers skipper Richard Gough has warned the Light Blue legions one of the darkest days in the Parkhead side's history could wind up HELPING them during the title run-in.
Gough, who once memorably claimed the team that drinks together wins together, believes Celtic's embarrassment could draw the players closer together into a tight-knit unit.
He said: "I remember when something like this went against us we adopted the motto 'No one likes us, we don't care' and it became an Ibrox anthem.
"It definitely helped us win league championships. When we felt the world was against us we pulled up the draw bridge, drew the wagons into a circle and said b******* to it.
"We imagined everyone else was against us - the media as much as opponents.
"I suppose it's a form of paranoia. But it brought us all closer together and we were determined to stuff the opposition.
"I'm certain that will happen with Celtic because they'll want to show everyone else they're wrong in their attitude to them.
"The lads will be feeling sore about everything that's happened. But if they channel their annoyance the right way it may well turn out to their advantage.
"That means they could take out their anger on their opponents. I know we did and believe me it worked. We went on to clinch nine in a row.
"Managers do the same thing every day when they take cuttings out of papers which they know will annoy their squad - and stick the clippings up on the dressing room noticeboards.
"The message usually fires up the players, and although this is different the difficulties of the past few days could also be used in that way. Mind you, I imagine Martin O'Neill would need a pretty big noticeboard for all the clippings Celtic have amassed since Tuesday night."

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Daily Record's shameful attemt to sell fish-wraps and destabilize Celtic at the same time was so transparent that even alleged "St. Mirren" supporter and football writer, Chick Young could see through it.

Here he writes for the BBC.

The Hypocrisy of the Tabloids

Old Firm players long ago learned that they were forced to live their lives in a goldfish bowl.
But nobody told them the sharks were on the inside of the glass.
The tabloid press, dripping with hypocrisy and sanctimonious fantasy, have acted disgracefully.
In the case of the Celtic players celebrating Christmas in Newcastle they haven't just crossed the line...they have pillaged the privacy on the other side of it.
I know newspaper men. I worked in the industry for 20 years. Indeed I still take a coin from Express Newspapers for a column.
And some of the finest parties I ever enjoyed - and some I can't remember - were attended in my years with the written media. And believe me, these boys and girls could party.
Little, I suspect has changed. Daft boyishness and high jinx tend to be the order of the day at most office nights at Christmas. But I know football players too.
And despite popular misconception they are actually human beings too.
Furthermore, and despite the opinion of tabloid editors who like to sit in judgement like tinpot gods, they do have the right to a night out...without a telephoto lens pointing down their throat.
There is little in this world more likely to trigger the wrath of a star than the sticking of such an object in his or her face without the invitation to do so.
There are two issues here. The behaviour of the players and the behaviour of the media.
I suspect the Parkhead players were no angels in Newcastle, but then few act like monks on office nights out when the drink is flowing.
But neither do I suspect that their behaviour sunk to the levels as described by the alleged reporters.
There can be little doubt that any trouble that did occur was aggravated by the presence of reporters and photographers who curiously just happened to be in that Newcastle nightclub.
They didn't respond to a story. They helped create it.

I find their intrusion into the players' privacy outrageous and I think that view is shared by most supporters.
As usual though tabloid editors sit in their own little world playing God.
The Rangers players meanwhile were far from gloating in the misfortune of their rivals.
They knew that but for the grace of the aforementioned newspapers gods it might have been them, because they too were heading for Newcastle and only changed their minds and headed for Liverpool at the last moment.
There is something sad, is there not, that sporting heroes have to flee the city in search of a night out and that we have reached a stage where the only safe place for an Old Firm star to party may well be some caves in the mountains of Afghanistan.
No-one yet, I would remind you, has been found guilty of anything except of course by the judge and jury of those employed by the tabloids involved, who of course live lives so pure as to guarantee access all areas through the Pearly gates.
In short, the Celtic players are no angels. So the tabloid editors shouldn't play God.

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Here's a match report from the BBC.

Rough Justice As Gers Beat Thistle

Partick Thistle 1-2 Rangers

If Rangers go on to win the league this season, they will look back on this victory as one of the most crucial.
They played poorly for the first hour and fell behind early on to an Alex Burns strike.
As the game progressed, Thistle began to defend deeper and Michael Mols finally grabbed the equaliser.
Gerry Britton was harshly sent off with 18 minutes remaining and Ronald de Boer scored the winner seven minutes later to give Rangers a rather fortuitous three points.
Rangers started in confident mood, with De Boer and Peter Lovenkrands passing up early chances.
But it was Thistle who took a shock lead in only eight minutes.
The ball was flicked onto Kenny Milne by Britton and when the midfielder flashed the ball across goal, Burns was on hand to smash it past Stefan Klos and Barry Ferguson.
Martin Hardie was next to test Klos with a powerful header that the keeper gathered.
It was 26 minutes before Rangers mustered another effort on goal as a result of Thistle's determined approach, Lorenzo Amoruso shooting wide from distance.
Craig Moore was fortunate not be sent off after half-an-hour for a late challenge on Stephen Craigan having already been booked.
Amoruso saw another long-range effort saved by Kenny Arthur before Burns twice narrowly missed the target from 25 yards.
Rangers changed their shape at the beginning of the second half, but Thistle continued to match them.
Stephen Hughes tested Arthur from outside the box after 55 minutes and the keeper did well to get up to block Mols' effort from the rebound.
Mols ought to have equalised on the hour mark but he blazed the ball over the bar from only eight yards out, with the Thistle defence carved open for the first time.
But Mols finally got the equaliser with 20 minutes remaining after Arthur parried Lovenkrands' shot into his path.
Moments later Thistle were reduced to 10 men when Britton was red-carded after reacting to a Kevin Muscat challenge.
Britton gestured with his hands but unintentionally caught Muscat in the face and the Australian fell to the ground and referee John Underhill did not hesitate in showing the striker the red card.
That incident rattled Thistle and in 79 minutes Rangers took the lead after poor defending by the Jags from a corner and when the ball dropped to De Boer he drove it through the legs of Lovenkrands into the net.
De Boer had another effort well held by Arthur but Klos earned his corn with a fabulous one-handed save from Hardie in the closing minutes.

Yes the Jags are paranoid. So is the BBC.

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Those who wish to judge for themselves may view the Rangers v Partick game at 8pm Christmas Eve on Fox Sports World Canada, Ch. 113.

In keeping with the season, the part of Referee John Underhill wil be played by Alistair Sim. Don't expect any overnight miracles though.

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
More good news for Rangers supporters,

McLeish Rules Out Splashing Cash

Rangers manager Alex McLeish has ruled out splashing out any money on transfers during January's transfer window.
Insisting that he has no immediate plans to try to sign Dundee United's transfer-listed striker Steven Thompson, McLeish added that any players coming in would do so on Bosman deals or on loan.
He also stressed that Billy Dodds' proposed move to Tannadice will not go ahead for the moment as it does not suit Rangers to allow him to leave at this stage of the season.
It had been widely speculated that both players would swap clubs during the winter break.
But McLeish's guarded replies to questioning at Friday's pre-match news conference ahead of Saturday's meeting between the teams seemed to infer that neither move would go ahead until the summer.
"We won't be buying players as such, it may be a loan deal or a Bosman transfer," he said.
"We don't have millions of pounds to spend."
McLeish refused to be drawn on the future of other players at the club whose contracts expire in the summer.
Michael Mols' agent suggested recently that the Dutchman would love to extend his stay at Ibrox, but McLeish would only say: "It's too early to talk about contracts."
Meanwhile, Lorenzo Amoruso has intimated that he would be happy to end his career at the club following speculation that Fulham and Newcastle were interested in signing him.

And.....

Rangers May Be Forced To Sell

Rangers manager Alex McLeish has admitted he may be forced to sell one or two of his top players during the winter transfer window.
McLeish has already ruled out spending money during the winter break, but he has now acknowledged the real possibility of having to part with some of his most valuable assets.
Mikel Arteta, Barry Ferguson and Peter Lovenkrands have all been the subject of speculation in recent months.
Rangers have debts of more than £50m and the days of spending big appear to be over at Ibrox.
But McLeish is anxious not to lose any of his star players as he attempts to wrestle the league championship away from Celtic.
"It would certainly make things difficult if we were to lose any key men," he admitted.
"We need all our best players to be successful, although even that doesn't guarantee anything.
"But if the directors were calling the shots there's nothing I could do.
"But I'll try to maintain a positive outlook and hope that doesn't happen."
McLeish also said he would not rule out bringing players in on loan in January, while discussions would begin with his own out-of-contract players in the New Year.
Half-a-dozen of McLeish's senior squad are out of contract in the summer and while some will be allowed to leave, McLeish will want to hold on to others.
Michael Mols may have done enough in recent weeks to earn a new deal, while Arthur Numan is a consistent enough performer to contine at the top level beyond this season.
Billy Dodds, Russell Latapy and Jesper Christiansen will probably leave, but McLeish insists nothing has been decided.
"I think that the players will want some kind of confirmation," he added.
"It is likely we will have some talks - it is difficult to know when is the right time."

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Also,...

Thieves steal Rangers star's car

A high-performance car was stolen after a break-in at the home of Rangers star Ronald de Boer.
Strathclyde Police are investigating the incident, which happened in the early hours of Monday.
The Dutch international footballer was asleep at the time of the break-in.
Thieves stole the keys to his BMW X5 car from his home in the Mearnskirk area of Glasgow before making off with the vehicle.
A Strathclyde Police spokesman said: "We can confirm that a 32-year-old male reported that his house had been broken into, his car keys taken and his high value, high performance vehicle was subsequently stolen.
"Police inquiries are continuing."
Rangers Football Club were not able to comment on the incident on Monday night.
However, in an interview with the Scottish Sun newspaper De Boer, 32, said he was relieved no-one was hurt in the incident.

He said: "The keys were inside the house and they broke in to get them.
"It happened very early in the morning.
"It's annoying but at least nobody was hurt - that's the most important thing."
De Boer joined Rangers two years ago from Spanish giants Barcelona in a £4.5m deal.

I prefer to remember the De Boer brothers in happier times.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0