Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Scottish Premier League News 2009/2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

heanjob

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

I think at the end of the day the buyer is already out there and he is just waiting as the price of RFC goes down daily. He will swoop in at the last minute and be seen as a saviour for RFC. Who'd a thunk that back in 1994 that Rangers would ever be where Celtic were back then....on the brink. Celtic only had 7m pounds debt back then so surely there is a billionaire who has 30m quid to save the Huns or maybe not?

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
They, whoever "they" are, are reporting 3 potential bidders... The King bid out of South Africa, a bid from the States, and a 3rd group headed up by Souness...

Fcuk knows..., what we do know, with Walter coming out the way he did to the media, is that he and Bain are fighting tooth and nail against Lloyds and Muir, who is the new guy on the board from the bank who is basically saying everyone is for sale and they are willing to part with anything to get their 30 million quid out...

There are two things that could ultimately happen here...

No buyer comes in, the supporters bail on a team that is stripped to the bone (where are we today!?) and has no real leadership... or someone swoops in and we play second fiddle to the scum for the next decade trying to replicate what they had to do coming out of the era heanjob noted...

There is no saving grace of foreign investment without the promise of better days ahead (ala BPL, etc) with no TV deal, and crap competition weekly save the Champions League or Europa League, which are not guaranteed entitlements any longer for EITHER side of the OF or the rest of the Scottish Pub League.

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
There are two things that could ultimately happen here...

No buyer comes in, the supporters bail on a team that is stripped to the bone (where are we today!?) and has no real leadership... or someone swoops in and we play second fiddle to the scum for the next decade trying to replicate what they had to do coming out of the era heanjob noted...

The Scum?

Have a look in the mirror beggar.

Your lot could never replicate what Celtic did when Fergus McCann rebuilt the club. We had room to grow back then, you do not. We also gave generously to a number of shares issues and the Rangers supporters refused to do the same. You won the league and got automatic entry into the CL and you still lost money. This is simply the chickens coming home to roost.

On top of all the awfull demotions that come with a club going into administration, your nine in a row should also be expunged as that era was bought on credit and never paid for, the equivalent of cheating in UEFA's book.

It looks like Leeds Utd all over again.

Attachments

• billye.jpg
    billye.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 45

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
The team will never go into administration. Never.

It is bad, but not that bad, the fact that the bankers put a man on the Directors Board should show that well enough, as well as the fact that Scotlands minister of State has also got involved to ensure Rangers FC continue to exist.

It is more likely that Rangers would finish in the bottom half of the table before they go into administration as they would likely be forced into selling off the better players to ensure such as catastrpohe is avoided.

If Rangers go into administration is is 100% lights out for fitba in Scotland, if it isn't already.

dire.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Things doing the rounds in rumour land...

David Murray has an agreement in principle with the Consortium headed up by Dave King and Douglas Park to purchase his outstanding shares... the stumbling block is the amount to Murray and the amount to the bank's debt...

Basically while Lloyds is going around trying to sell their debt off at 30p on the pound whilst they are trying to get pound for pound on Rangers debt, a but unrealistic if you ask me, especially with the Tax payers of the UK owning LLoyds to a tune of a minimum of 43%...

Supposedly King and Murray have it all worked out, but King has basically told Lloyds he will only buy in if they remove the debt in full for a one time lump payment of like 15Million... so 50p on the pound if the 30 million in debt is a solid number... Lloyds have told him to git tae fcuk and he well might... unless Murray walks on his shares for nothing to wipe the debt, which he is unlikely to do... Rumours abound that he is just looking to get 6Million back in cash out of the deal to recoup his initial investment in RFC when he bought it off of Marlborough.

Also Murray has knocked back bidders based on him wanting what it best for RFC in the long term, which is a bit hypicritical if you ask me, since under his watch we have almost entered into a place where administration is a real possibility...

diabolical at best.

here's an interesting take from a well positioned supporter who has a proven track record of some inside knowledge... *allegedly*

Back in January I was told a lot of stuff by a source including the financial side of things, not being able to afford contract renewals etc. I shared this with some, not all.

The reason I did this was because in all honesty I think we are all aware of the reaction to folks when they are posting grim news on the clubs finances

Anyway I digress

At the end of June/July I was told a few things regarding a possible takeover

1) - Dave King is highly interested in the club and was about to contact Rangers/Bank to start the process of Due Diligence

2) - David Murray values his shares at £6 million pounds (exactly what he has paid way back in 87/88)

3) - The bank were turning the screws big time on Rangers, as the debt is rising instead of getting smaller. The debt is now near to be £29 million

I discussed this with a few on here but kept this of the radar until last week when I said in a discussion that I believed a takeover was very close

Last week at the European game I was told that the Bank have told Rangers they have had enough and were implementing their own money back regime - In January everyone and everything was up for sale, From Murray Park to the Grounds men. Quite simply the bank had enough and wee were a baw hair away from the brink

I was then told on the Thursday that Smith had threatened to walk when he learned that Martin Bain was for the chop and of the banks recruiting plans

The club were given a January deadline to recoup vast sums of money from their debt.

Alastair Johnston made the call to various possible investors telling them now is the time to buy the club - Dave King being the one who is favourite

Graeme Souness is not to my knowledge involved in any takeover but has made his intentions clear that he is willing to invest should it be necessary

There does appear to be another party at the table whom I know nothing about, but as far as I am aware they will step aside to allow King to buy the club as he has more capital

Now this is where it gets a bit more intriguing

Dave King and MIH have agreed a price for the shares, a deal is principally in place

BUT, the stumbling block is the bank, they wont reduce the debt or meet King half way who is trying to negotiate the debt away with the bank. What figures are involved I have no idea, but its been suggested a kind of, I’ll pay you £15 m to clear the debt and that’s it scenario

Dave King and his representatives met the bank over the weekend and talks are on going.

There is quite a bit to run with this, I.e its not going to happen overnight but things are moving rapidly

Expect a Xmas/Late January to know exactly where we stand with this - it is likely to be weeks though, Walters comments have dramatically sped this whole process up

As one source said - ‘The champagne should be kept on ice for the time being, but you can unwrap the cork for popping’

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hearts 1 - Celtic 0

We're shite because we're skint. What's your excuse?

Even in our darkest days, we're still better than you.

NO SURRENDER.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hearts 1 - Celtic 0

NO SURRENDER.

TeamPGDPTSFull Scottish Premier table1Celtic99202Rangers99193Hibernian96174Dundee Utd95165Motherwell92146St Mirren90127Aberdeen90118Kilmarnock9-199Hearts9-3910St Johnstone9-7611Hamilton9-11512Falkirk9-94

:confused:

Yes, the days are very dark indeed at the moment.

Until Celtic start spending money, we'll just continue to be marginally better than the shower of shite. Disgusting at the moment......

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
So the Rangers support are waiting for Dave "322 counts of tax evasion" King to take over the club but apparently the stumbling block is the bank, having the audacity to ask for it's money back, keeping in mind that the bank is owned by the taxpayers. So a lot of people would rather not see ReaRangers be given untold millions to make up for Dodgy Dave's mismanagement of the club.

I love getting my facts from Big Stupid Derek Johnstone on Radio Clyde so I can live in fantasy land with the rest of the laptop loyal.

We Celtic supporters have been warning you lot about the shysters running your club and the financial state they had left it in (which the Murray complicit media knew all about by the way) for years but your leaders in the horrible places like follow follow said it was all a timmy inspired conspiracy.

So now it turns out that we were right about your club and the laptop loyal and your team is done for.

Oh well.

lll

Feb 24, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hearts 1 - Celtic 0

NO SURRENDER.

buKKKy, can you explain how Hearts beating Celtic makes Rangers better than Celtic.
Celtic are one point ahead of Rangers with a positive bank balance , imagine how far ahead we'd be if we spent 29mil that we didn't have.
I even logged in on my own so I didn't upset you

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hi Sunshine. What was the result of the last auld firm match? And what European competition is Celtic in?

imagine how far ahead we'd be if we spent 29mil that we didn't have.

If you're mum had balls she'd have four.

Polska

Not Bright
Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
If Harry Potter's so magical, why cant he cure his own eyesight and get laid? A teenage lad shouldnt need a broomstick to cling onto.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts