Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Scottish Premier League News 2009/2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Celtic were very fortunate to not have a penalty called against them when it was 1 - 1. I have no idea what Hinkel was doing or what the ref was watching right in front of him. :confused:

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Awwfy quiet in here the day, I wonder why that is.

Must be cause of the hoops, same old Celtic, always winning.

How long have the Rearangers gone withoot scoring a goal in the league?

Not that anyone's keeping count but I think it's something like 293 minutes.

Oh dear oh dear, whose fault could this terrible statistic be? Is it the Refs again? The SFA? The SPL? Who did Jim Traynor blame in the Record last week? Oh that's right, Lloyds TSB right? It's the bank's fault Rangers are struggling. Kenny Miller said they're finding hard to concentrate what with all the attention being paid to Kris "Boydy" Boyd's slapstick attempt at winning a freekick via diving.

I have a strange feeling that the refs for next week's derby will get their scripts from Charlotte Street good and early in order to cut off the permarage at the pass.

Oh the dignity.

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
PARANOIA CSC. Get a grip. How many games have Rangers played with 10 men?

That cunning old fox Walter (the man with no surname) just keeps coming up with novel ways to get the most out of his squad.

"Buying no new players and having key men rested by taking early baths are just what Rangers needs to make it two in a row." copywright Mark Hately or Big Stupid Derek Johnstone

Actually Bucky, I'd like to see Rangers improve (in a little over a week from now) what with the Celtic board's suicidal tactic of trying to remain just that little bit better than them. If they keep that up we might end up getting surpassed by the hibees, as wins for both SPL green and white teams next week will see Satan's eleven drop to third place.

There will be plenty of talking points after the game next week but I doubt very much that football will be the subject of any of them.

Oh and before I forget, enjoy this superb solo effort from the Derry Pele,

http://www.101greatgoals.com/videodisplay/3501578/

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes I put a lot of stock in what Craig Burley has to say.

He's the poor man's Scott Booth.

It was a fine goal, you remember league goals, don't you Bucky?

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nice to check in and see things the way they are currently.....Rangers to get gubbed against Sevilla midweek and then possibly find themselves SEVEN points back at this early stage of the season. Hopefully my computer is back in action tomorrow or later tonight so I can see the last game....or at least Paddy's goal(It can't open here at school for some reason).

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oh come on Bucky, you can do better than that.

Here's your club, hopeless as they now seem, unbeaten since last March I think, and you can't try to shut us up with a bold prediction of a draw versus Sevilla?

Here, I'll do it for you, Rangers will not lose to Sevilla at the theatre of hate.

Did you catch the interim chairman's presser today?

BBC SPORT | Scotland | Johnston confident of buyer for Rangers

Painful stuff, between the horrible mid-atlantic accent and the stammering, they could have saved themselves a bit of money by having Richard Gough and Mark Hately share the job.

They must have called this to paper over a few cracks what with the high number of loyal bears trying to give back their three game CL packs.

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oh and if Paddy's goal won't open for you, just try to visualise that incredible goal Messi scored last year where he beat all those talented defenders to score the goal of the year.

Now put Messi in a bumble-bee strip and it's almost half as good as the real thing versus St Mirren.

kjohnsob

Aug 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Turns out there's this thing called Google. :rolleyes:

Rapid were involved in a controversial episode in 1984 when they eliminated Celtic from the European Cup Winners Cup last 16. Strikes from Brian McClair (32 mins) Murdo MacLeod (45+5 mins) put Celtic 2-0 ahead at half time. After the interval Tommy Burns (68 mins) scored a controversial third goal to put Celtic 4-3 up on aggregate. With 14 mins left of the match, Rapid conceded a penalty, after Reinhard Kienast punched Burns on the back of the head whilst a corner kick was being taken. Rapid players, opposing the decision, crowded around the referee and linesman, close to the Celtic fans. Rapid defender Rudolf Weinhofer then fell to the ground, hit by an object thrown from the terracing. TV pictures only showed that a bottle landed several feet away from Weinhofer. After a delay of some 10 minutes, the penalty was taken by Peter Grant, and he struck it wide. The match finished 3–0, giving Celtic a 4–3 win on aggregate. However, Rapid appealed to UEFA for a replay, and both teams were fined. The replay appeal was turned down initially, and Celtic appealed against the fine. In reaction to Celtic's appeal, UEFA granted Rapid a replay and increased Celtic's fine. The replay was held at Old Trafford, Manchester, and Rapid won 1–0 through a Peter Pacult strike; a game marred by subsequent attacks on Rapid players by Celtic supporters.[1]

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hello?

Hello?

Anyone out there? Where did everyone go? Busy with the last of the summer wine I would expect. Tonic wine that is.

Nae bother. I'll leave this for your much anticipated return.

GIRFUY.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hello, Bucky. Rangers scored two goals in the first 15 minutes and then held on. Some of the Celtic players played well in the second half but once again, the center-backs are hopeless.......as are the strikers. Maloney shite the bed twice. I'll see if I can get footage of the two stone-wall penalties which weren't called. If not, carry on.

How are the standings looking now? :confused:

lll

Feb 24, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hello, Bucky. Rangers scored two goals in the first 15 minutes and then held on. Some of the Celtic players played well in the second half but once again, the center-backs are hopeless.......as are the strikers. Maloney shite the bed twice. I'll see if I can get footage of the two stone-wall penalties which weren't called. If not, carry on.
How are the standings looking now? :confused:

Captain Shamrock you're right, the Celtic center backs are/were hopeless.
Maloney should have had another yellow and been sent off for being tripped up twice in the penalty box and Wilson was lucky not to get a straight red for getting his foot stood on as he was breaking into the Ranger's penalty area. ZZ was good and should never have been subbed but he should have been booked for getting a boot in the balls by Lafferty.Other than the Celtic center backs standing watching twice in the first 15 minutes, Rangers weren't in the game. Celtic weren't good but they were by far the better team. David Weir was immense for Rangers but Celtic played right into his game. It's bad enough not getting stonewall penalties but being booked for getting fouled is another story.Who's the mason in the black.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0