Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Presidents Cup Presidents Cup 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Funniest thing I ever heard, My guys call me shortly after the game to tell me that The coach(mr bace) had locked the whole team in the fenced area..LOL ..and you all know my guys dont drink so it wasnt like they all stayed in the changroom for a beer but just changed and came out. To find 2 of the Balkan players leaning up against the Tall Tom Binnie fence laughing ,saying cant wait to see how you all are going to get out of there.
One of my players who didnt play was in his car and said , Sorry guys but I told the coach you all were still in there and he just shrugged his shoulders and locked up and drove away. I wanted to tell you but the fence was locked and I couldnt get in.
Lucky for us we had some rope and were able to hoist up and over our equipment bag and everyone climbed up and over the fence. The real drag was 2 of our guys had pretty bad knocks and had to be helped over....LOL Crazy.

From what I was told the Balkan team had a game plan, ran hard and played very physical. That with the our bad performance ment for a close game. They did well but in the end a good header off a corner won the game...
Let this be a lesson to everyone...In cup, any team can knock you out if you dont come to play. I wish I was there to motivate my guys but we had a Premier Cup game and you cant be at 2 places at once. I am just as responsable as any player tonight for not being there and doing my part, and for takeing a team to lightly.
Lesson learned.
On to the next round.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Please stop the habit of cross posting - I just read the exact same post elsewhere, including the same butchering of the username mr baCe :rolleyes:

Thanks,

Regs.

Kevin Hector

Apr 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
GEU Black Knights Vs GEU Titans was a fun game to watch. I got there just as Nezzy scored to make it one nil. I didn't see the second Knights goal. but I did see two ex-teammates who played GEU Prem together get in to a fight. Knights third goal was from a shite call by the ref on a dive in the 18 Strom got all ball, but the Knight fell over. then goes and tells Storm after the fact that he didn't touch him, Strom got the ball. anyway's I left it was getting to cold for me. good luck everyone in round two.

Storm

Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
GEU Black Knights Vs GEU Titans was a fun game to watch. I got there just as Nezzy scored to make it one nil. I didn't see the second Knights goal. but I did see two ex-teammates who played GEU Prem together get in to a fight. Knights third goal was from a shite call by the ref on a dive in the 18 Strom got all ball, but the Knight fell over. then goes and tells Storm after the fact that he didn't touch him, Strom got the ball. anyway's I left it was getting to cold for me. good luck everyone in round two.

Final score GEU Knights 3 GEU Titans 1

22 players, 5 subs and 10 spectators could all see that my tackle was 100% clean. No contact with the Knights player at all.

1 person (the referee) somehow thought it was a penalty. A terrible call from the ref. I could not believe that he gave a penalty.

Aside from that I have a lot of things to say about this game but I will keep my thoughts private. Its not worth it - we all live in Maple Ridge - never know who you might come across in a bar on on the street.

housearrest

Dec 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
32 teams left in the cup. 20 from div.2 and 12 from div.3. Be interesting to see how many div.3 teams make it to the next round.

Tim Berners-Lee

Aug 29, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Final score GEU Knights 3 GEU Titans 1

22 players, 5 subs and 10 spectators could all see that my tackle was 100% clean. No contact with the Knights player at all.

1 person (the referee) somehow thought it was a penalty. A terrible call from the ref. I could not believe that he gave a penalty.

Aside from that I have a lot of things to say about this game but I will keep my thoughts private. Its not worth it - we all live in Maple Ridge - never know who you might come across in a bar on on the street.

the player involved in the fight and the player who caused the initial foul only received yellows. Ref made up for it on the pk. clean tackle

was both funny and weird to see harmston try and fight anyone, and then to pick it with nezzy was even better.

speak your mind storm.... i think they closed down most of the bars on the street, you should be ok

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Interesting thing i noted about the strength of the D2 divisions...

Div 2B, our division, has all the teams through round 1 except for the two teams that were knocked out by teams in 2b, with SFC Pe knocking out Westcoast, and Guildford knocking out the ND Titans...

Who has the strongest pool in D2 now? ;) and the knights lost in a PK, but you can't say anything about them too bad considering the disaster early in their season that has just about written them off altogether for the year (The car accident)

and some pretty handy wins, save ACBC only topping CFC Wolves by 1...

Bullets won 6-1
Nomads won 6-1

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Interesting thing i noted about the strength of the D2 divisions...

Div 2B, our division, has all the teams through round 1 except for the two teams that were knocked out by teams in 2b, with SFC Pe knocking out Westcoast, and Guildford knocking out the ND Titans...

Who has the strongest pool in D2 now? ;) and the knights lost in a PK, but you can't say anything about them too bad considering the disaster early in their season that has just about written them off altogether for the year (The car accident)

and some pretty handy wins, save ACBC only topping CFC Wolves by 1...

Bullets won 6-1
Nomads won 6-1

Um we have only 2 teams out in div 2a chump and gunners put out North Coquitlam :rolleyes:

junction

Oct 6, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Waiting for the draw results Franchise........ impatiently. I cant really comment on the strength of the divisions because I haven't seen many games from B or C. But based on the scorelines of the games in our division you could easily say that 2A is the most competitive. There hasnt been many blowouts, and nobody has hit double digits in any game. I feel like 2A is probably the strongest from top to bottom, this doesn't neccessarily mean that it has the best team in it tho.

I expect the Poco Royals to do some damage in cup this year... Their my sleeper pick, anyone else got any predictions?

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Waiting for the draw results Franchise........ impatiently. I cant really comment on the strength of the divisions because I haven't seen many games from B or C. But based on the scorelines of the games in our division you could easily say that 2A is the most competitive. There hasnt been many blowouts, and nobody has hit double digits in any game. I feel like 2A is probably the strongest from top to bottom, this doesn't neccessarily mean that it has the best team in it tho.

I expect the Poco Royals to do some damage in cup this year... Their my sleeper pick, anyone else got any predictions?

Or 2A cant score because they are shti....Just a thought because I know a few kids teams who play to nil nil or 1 nil all the time and its not cause they are competitive,,,LOL piss take
There is no way of telling which div is stronger....Unless you play..or your the VMSL and they are just better because they say so.

WestCoast

Oct 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's pretty funny how the FVSL site has us losing in PK's. I guess they got to shoot once and we didn't get any shots.

WestCoast 0-1 SFC Impact.

Was a good close game with maybe Impact having a few more chances, we had to push more with being down 1-0 on a pathetic pk. The ball deflect out off our players foot but the ref hates us. We could have got one but we were a little scrambly. It's upseting losing on a bad call but you sure aren't going to win many games not scoring a goal. The game deserved to go to pk's but oh well. That game was our season in a nut shell. Can't finish in the close games that in years past we would have won 95% of the time.

WestCoast...What??? two more games and it's a whole new season.
Oh yeah time to think about the 7 a side tourney...who's coming?

jimmy_jones

Jan 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
5 teams from div 3c through to the next round, surprising our other team won without couple of their top players that went to chilliwack for a nice long ride.....probably could have been 6 if mr. base's wolves didn't draw the defending champs.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0