Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Presidents Cup Presidents Cup 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Knights Cup 2010

FVSL of coarse. I like the FVSL for many reasons. Better Website and Better Xmas party.LOL... Better fields. (free) 7 aside tournament. I like the Cups and 7 aside tournament all being held same location and day. I love the travel Involved, adds another dimension to the games. I like the way the teams can be heard and are listened to at the AGMs and meetings. I like the direction our President is moveing Mens soccer in BC.
I feel the FVSL members are more aware of what is going on in our league. And I like that.
I feel that in 5-10 years the FVSL will be the dominant league in BC as more people move to the valley and fields become a problem downtown.
As roads and Bridges are Improved it brings the Valley a little closer anyways.
Also with the new BCPL players will no longer have to travel so far to play in the best division.
So ya Im staying and growing with the League.

D13

Sep 11, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

better website... no way
and having the cups in mission is an assanine idea, should be kept in peace arch

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

Are you High..Its a way better website than any other league in BC and our online registration is way ahead of any other leagues. You watch they will all follow suit.
As for Mission ..it was the 100th year anniversary of the Pak Cup and Mission is where it all started so it was fitting to have the finals there.
As you can see on the Website, any Club can hold the finals, all they have to do is bid on it...Make an offer.
Peace arch was awsome for sure. My favorite too. But they have to want to hold it.
There is so much work involved ,not to mention the wear and tear on the fields.
Cleaning up the changerooms,The Garbage. Garbage left everywhere even in the parkinglots. Setting up food and beergardens you would think makes money. Nope. Once you pay for tent rentals,Coolers,Licence,tables ,chairs, tix and many other hidden expences that go into a beergarden and food...there is very little profit if any. Unless you have record crowds out and you know how many really show up.
The hardest part is to find vollinteers. Everyone says they will help yet half the people dont show or leave early.
Its a thankless job, and PA did it the best. Mission actually was pretty good considering what they had to work with. And the weather sucked for them. If it was a clear warm day we would all be saying Mission was great.
D13..you should hold the finals. Give it a shot.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Well back on the topic of cup play...what are the Pumas going to do? There keeper is suspended for two more games and their first week back is a bye.

Cup game with no keeper:(

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

You should have seen where we had to go for the Provincials this summer...PrinceGeorge.
Now that was a bit out of the way.

PMPI

Sep 21, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money

you have us confused with ACBC!

Simon Postma - signed Jan5th 2010.

I played high school soccer with him; he is one hell of a keeper. Last I heard he was playing in Europe? If that's true, that is the definition of a ringer.

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Actually I see you have just signed 2 new guys...Not sure who they are but you have signed 2...Good on ya...we did too.

bananaman

Sep 6, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money

I played high school soccer with him; he is one hell of a keeper. Last I heard he was playing in Europe? If that's true, that is the definition of a ringer.

Signed him, yes. Ringer, umm no! He is the brother of two guys that have played on our team for close to ten years and good friends with half our team. He has been back in BC for a while now and wanted to play. We said welcome. If you want to call him a ringer we'll play along. But if you insist on calling him that, keep it quiet, we don't want to pay him anything and we don't want ghouse sniffing around haha!!!:wa:

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dont worry in the Keeper department were more than full..5 keepers. Hugo our div 2, is 5.5" and just moved here from Panama where he played pro and other than his size is the best keeper I have behind our number 1 Tyler Baldock (Premier). Defence was our problem but both guys who left last year just transfered back. We are good to go.
so now all we need to do is.....

Last edited by a moderator:

Slug

Feb 9, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money

Our regular keeper is in no way the reason we have a shite record this year but maybe we should actually put Simon in net:confused:

Team Canada

Mar 19, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guildford 4 - ND Titans 1

Not really the game the score line indicates, but at the end of the day Guildford played a better game and put the ball in the net more than we did so that was that.

We came out very sloppy for the first 30 minutes or so and just couldn't get organized. They scored 2 in the first half, both off scrambles in the 18 that would deflect off someone and end up right on the foot of one of their players.

Much better 2nd half for us, we missed a couple sitters, then they got another goal with about 20 left that was more or less the same as the first two. Then they scored an own goal shortly after that... not really sure what happened there. We tried to push but just couldn't get anything going, then on the very last play of the game one of their guys scored on a beauty of a cracker from about 30 yards out. Had we played the entire game the way we played the 2nd half it would have been a completely different story, but such is life.

No magic cup run this year :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0