Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Presidents Cup Presidents Cup 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ugh...I wanted this game played later on. I wanted us to beat a couple of these teams and get them out of the way first. Shorten the list down a bit. Then play in the semis or finals.

Anyways, Someone's got to explain what the draw criteria and procedures are after the 1st round one of these days. Figures why Carlton is dancing, what a draw :rolleyes:. But whatever not complaining, got to be able to beat everyone to win the cup.

So whose bringing the BBQ and Beverages to this game? :) :D Hey since you guys have already clinched the Premier title, Pakenheim Cup and SX Cup this year, how about we.....Just kidding. :)

Anyways, win or lose, should be fun playing this game. Cheers.

Its a random draw.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally Posted by number10hamburgler View Post
Ugh...I wanted this game played later on. I wanted us to beat a couple of these teams and get them out of the way first. Shorten the list down a bit. Then play in the semis or finals.

Anyways, Someone's got to explain what the draw criteria and procedures are after the 1st round one of these days. Figures why Carlton is dancing, what a draw . But whatever not complaining, got to be able to beat everyone to win the cup.

So whose bringing the BBQ and Beverages to this game? Hey since you guys have already clinched the Premier title, Pakenheim Cup and SX Cup this year, how about we.....Just kidding.

Anyways, win or lose, should be fun playing this game. Cheers.

Last week was the first 'easy' cup draw we have ever had, and it was a midpack D2 team.

Some teams get an easier ride than others.... luck of the draw.

Our first year in the Valley we drew (at the time) statistically speaking anyways the BEST D2 team in PCNC United. Then Carniehore showed up and ripped them to shreds. :D

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
We drew ACBC two years in a row both times we thought we matched up well... our warm-ups were the same, we tried to match them mitten for mitten....I even hack a smoke on the sidelines to see equal the coaching technique of Ghouse...

But all was not losed in the game I did score on the great Masry:D

Remember who your only fan was in Mission Ghouse;)

Masry

Dec 15, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
We drew ACBC two years in a row both times we thought we matched up well... our warm-ups were the same, we tried to match them mitten for mitten....I even hack a smoke on the sidelines to see equal the coaching technique of Ghouse...

But all was not losed in the game I did score on the great Masry:D

Remember who your only fan was in Mission Ghouse;)

Hahah, you were the only fan we had. Never seen so many people want a team to lose so badly hahah. All the best to everyone in the cup!

dutch13

Feb 5, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Annd we came pretty close to pleasing the crowd too!

Would've been nice to draw some one from outside our div 2 group, but I guess we can't complain... Can't think of any more fair ways then the random draw..

Think I asked this last year, is it the top 2 teams in cup or just the cup winner that gets the provincial spot?

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Annd we came pretty close to pleasing the crowd too!

Would've been nice to draw some one from outside our div 2 group, but I guess we can't complain... Can't think of any more fair ways then the random draw..

Think I asked this last year, is it the top 2 teams in cup or just the cup winner that gets the provincial spot?

3 teams get in....cup finalists and top team with most points in div 2

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
The draw Monday was done at FVSL headquarters. All team names went into a Hat and drawn by Whistle Blower and Supervized by Cloughie. I do know someone else was there but not who. Done fair.
FVSL Usually gets 3-4 teams in the B Provincials depending on who is hosting and who the qualifying members are and who they are sending.
This year the tournament is in Richmond and I think we get 4 teams. Usually it is the 3 division winners and the Cup Champion. If one of the division winners is also the Cup Champion then the Cup Runnerup gets to go.
If it is 3 teams then Cup Champion and 2 division winners with best record.
And if Cup Champion is also division winner than the other 2 division winners qualify.

guildford7

Oct 17, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
We take on Coquitlum Titans in cup...anyone know anything about this team. I recognized some names, and those guys arent bad players, but their record looks bad.

WaterBreak

Feb 18, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks for the heads up. As a team how big are they?? what's there Defense like?? If we get our top team out we'll be ok.;)

as a team they are small, easy to push around, if you can hit them. there defence was fast and great with the ball. big man in the middle is there go to guy. threw ball, threw ball, threw ball. there is a reason they are 13-1-1.

Kevin Hector

Apr 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
as a team they are small, easy to push around, if you can hit them. there defence was fast and great with the ball. big man in the middle is there go to guy. threw ball, threw ball, threw ball. there is a reason they are 13-1-1.

What feild do they play at??? Grass or Turf??? I'll do my best marking him. we're in tough it looks like.

jimmy_jones

Jan 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
wow looks like we drew the hypesters....any word on them other than they are young.....and westcoast mentioned some posts earlier and i agree with him, there are still too many inter divisional matchups.......cup play is about playing teams that you haven't already played or about to play twice in league play...however with a random draw it is expected so carry on....looking forward to playing this new team.

bananaman

Sep 6, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Our first year in the Valley we drew (at the time) statistically speaking anyways the BEST D2 team in PCNC United. Then Carniehore showed up and ripped them to shreds. :D

Ah, back in the day when we were good haha. Then you lost Carnie to ACBC who we then went and beat twice last year (and I think we are the last team to beat them). Just thought I would throw that in there for old times sake. This year has been forgettable and maybe next year we can be the cup upset team in div 3 knocking out the div 2 teams - looking that way if we don't win our last 3 games.

WestCoast

Oct 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ah, back in the day when we were good haha. Then you lost Carnie to ACBC who we then went and beat twice last year (and I think we are the last team to beat them). Just thought I would throw that in there for old times sake. This year has been forgettable and maybe next year we can be the cup upset team in div 3 knocking out the div 2 teams - looking that way if we don't win our last 3 games.

And before that we beat you guys in cup.

canuckboy

Oct 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
ah my favorite Cup moment was a few years ago when we were Poco City Athletic, and Dewndney Celtic (who are now in masters as Poco City murdering everyone, we had absolute battles, they relied on skill, us on brute strengh. I think they won both league games, guru came on ttp and called me out as a horrible goon, we had quite a public battle. We went on to meet in the Cup, we had signed Carlo Corrazin who yes was a bit of a ringer. We went on to win 3-2 I think on a beauty Corrazin free kick from about 40 yards out. We went on the semi's where we lost to the Titans, (i was playing sweeper and completely missed two clearance balls to give away two breakaways, lol)

I hope we can give the LUFC a decent game, on turf, it should be fast and a good test to see if we can handle div 2

housearrest

Dec 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
ah my favorite Cup moment was a few years ago when we were Poco City Athletic, and Dewndney Celtic (who are now in masters as Poco City murdering everyone, we had absolute battles, they relied on skill, us on brute strengh. I think they won both league games, guru came on ttp and called me out as a horrible goon, we had quite a public battle. We went on to meet in the Cup, we had signed Carlo Corrazin who yes was a bit of a ringer. We went on to win 3-2 I think on a beauty Corrazin free kick from about 40 yards out. We went on the semi's where we lost to the Titans, (i was playing sweeper and completely missed two clearance balls to give away two breakaways, lol)

I hope we can give the LUFC a decent game, on turf, it should be fast and a good test to see if we can handle div 2

It will be a very good match between us. We will be ready and pumped to give you all you can handle.

Jbn, any reason why our cup game with poco is at 9pm again? Nobody is playing on willoughby east at 7pm (our normal home game time). Dynamo at 5pm and athletica at 9pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0