Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Presidents Cup Presidents Cup 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chelsea4life

Jan 27, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ill make sure I find you on saturday after us Nomads beat the red devils and see if you have anymore smartass remarks.
wow someones ass just got serverd up on a silver platter!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WestCoast

Oct 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just to screw everyone, I will run on the field to disqualify every team. Playing illegal players is cool so I am all for anything that's cool.

BBQ???? Beers??? House????

housearrest

Dec 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
As for this whole guildford ineligible player deal, if what onlygoals said was true, you honestly can't expect much more from guildford. They approached Thomas, the president of the fvsl, asking permission to sign 2 players before the quarters and Thomas allowed it. They showed bc I'd and the approval letter, so there is not much blame you can put on the guildford team. They, imo, took the right steps and followed them correctly. If an wrongdoing happened, it would be on the the decision making of the fvsl. But they allowed it, so kinda a mute point.

housearrest

Dec 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just to screw everyone, I will run on the field to disqualify every team. Playing illegal players is cool so I am all for anything that's cool.

BBQ???? Beers??? House????

Nomads will definetly have the beer cooler going. I am working on getting a couple of the crippled Nomads to run the bbq as well. I will let you know tomorrow if the bbq is a go after I talk to the guys at practice tonight.

Jay#7

Oct 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
So JBN's whistle blowing is all for nothing...way to ruin a perfectly good thread...haha

Either way should be some fine matches on the weekend...Good luck to everyone involved, please dont bore us with kick and run either. I will be throughly dissapointed if thats the case...

Carniehore

Sep 20, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
I look at it like this. Play the game that u love 2 play. Honour ur own game and don't worry about the other team. Fukc it and play and have fun. Like it used 2 b when we were kids. I don't know ....... My views r different I guess have fun guys enjoy ur weekend of soccer

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
it sucks but if thomas allowed it then there really isn't much we can do. Answers my question about thier defender asking one of their players what his name was tho.

Chelsea4life

Jan 27, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
So ....sorry JBN to steifle all the chat, but Guilford is fine. This deal of "ineligible" player has nothing to do with us, it only involves Inter. And fair enough if they got the go ahead to play a guy that plays in the Burnaby mens league, then they got the okay. Im just chap'd since we had a player who played VMSL, went through all the same steps, yet we were deducted points and eliminated from prommotion. Rules are rules and if a player is in another league, he should not be eligible to play in this league (so the rules say). But i guess we just got shafted......
See you saturday Guilford!

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
1. I was going off what I read from BCSA and FVSL, what any 5 year old should be able to read and interpret.
2. I was told last year by Laurel Pokoyski that we Nomads were unable to play a mid season signing the week of us signing him because we needed 7 days, so that is what I was drawing on for experience.

I had a chat with Thomas, he told me what was what. He is the league pres and admin, what he says goes. He said it's fair game, fair game it is...

I'm sorry to the Guidlford boys if I caused you any grief, but in all seriousness... can you blame me?

You guys, Vault, and Inter all are teams that I have friends on, or have guys I like and respect...

I smelled a rat, in fact we all did.
If Vault blows the whistle they look like they are just trying to get a free ride to the finals
If GEU Inter blows the whistle they look like sour grapes for losing a game we all thought they had a good shot at winning.
If I blow the whistle it doesn't matter. It doesn't matter one way or the other to the Nomads.

Good luck this weekend to all.

housearrest

Dec 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
18 guys at practice tonight, our biggest turnout of the year! Was a great practice, lots of fun. Everyone is on the same page and ready to go! Its gonna be a battle come saturday

Kevin Hector

Apr 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good job JBN, give me another reason to think this league is a joke (soccer in Canada is a joke) First Guildford my problem isn't with your team. it's with the league. and if JBN is right and the Nomads couldn't sign a player last year for cup then why the change in rules??? is it different for each team?? there is a grey area, when the rules are Black and White. if Thomas said ok great, but it's not ok, the rules are the rules. but whatever mistakes happen good luck to Guildford (who are a good team) and the other teams this weekend.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't think this league is a joke at all. I think they (The Exec) does a great job running the league. I believe our league is run far better and more efficiently than the other leagues (BMSA, VISL, VMSL) as far as our website, the info available to managers And players, and the speed with which things are handled and the accessibility we have to league chiefs.

If Laurel was wrong last year, with regards to us, that shouldn't impact the rulings going forward... If we got screwed last year in cup because we couldn't play Brian Scrivens that first game he signed with us ... so be it...

Two wrongs don't make a right.

Good luck Saturday.

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
LOL...So much scandal and Were not involved in it..????
Just from what I was told this and last year when signing players.
Laurel said 7 days before cup..Thomas said 24hours before cup. 2 different answers same question...1 by a lady who doesnt work for the league any more and one by our Presedent who also is doing Laurels job.
So I would say Thomas has the correct rule. The BCSA website rule is for Provincial Cup only . All domestic Cups have thier own set of rules set forth by thier own league.
Guys...come on now...this is nothing new at this time of year....we see this problem every year from every league.
The FVSL is the ONLY league trying to address this problem. Online registration where all players names are posted to be checked.
(hey ghouse what about burnaby posting players names...?)
Burnabys league administrator takes the signed forms and types in what he/she reads from the paperwork....2 problems with that....you have to be able to read everyones hand writeing to get all the names spelt correctly..as we all know 1 letter different in the name and its not the same name..Epecially with some of the Eastern Last names. (no offence).
2nd problem is ...what if the Player never signed the form??, say the coach or manager signed it for him...It happens on every team. "Coach just sign it for me cause I cant make practice and it has to be signed and handed in so I can play this weekend".."Please I am not going to drive all that way just to sign a stupid form."..we have all heard it....
The On Line registration is perfect because everyone has a unique email address they must use to go on (thier own) and click I Agree I Accept.
This new way of registering saves the Coach/Managers all the grief of doing all the paperwork and it saves all the hassle of players who cant drive all that way to sign...And most of all...you cant say you didnt sign up for that team when YOU clicked I Agree.
My point is...Until all the leagues get with the times and use this type of registration..and link the registration info Up to 1 data base...we will always have these problems because coaches/managers right now have to raleigh on peoples word..And these players dont always tell the truth ...mostly because they just want to play soccer more than once a week..
1 dedicated player ID number and Card used for life...That is the way to go.
Super easy and you will never have this problem again.

bam bam

Feb 7, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
your only challenge this cup was acbc your lucky to have made it this far will get you next year stop crying and good luck this weekend,Did you guys rest your players on the weekend cause how did the sfc beat you

bam bam

Feb 7, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
when we played guilford first round we notice a few new faces Delphan i grew up playing ball with that guy when were teams allowed to sign players by

Jay#7

Oct 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
when we played guilford first round we notice a few new faces Delphan i grew up playing ball with that guy when were teams allowed to sign players by

You can sign players whenever you want...no deadline, only for transfers is there a deadline...

P.S. Its Guildford, with a D.

****ing Deta guys :rolleyes: haha

Kevin Hector

Apr 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm sorry I called the league a joke. Thomas has done a great job with stuff like on the online registration. the thing that gets me annoyed is the website has the rules up and then they go and change them as they see fit. anyway it's just a game, I hope evryone has a fun safe weekend playing the game we love. I still pick the Red Devils to win it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0