Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Presidents Cup Presidents Cup 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
This should fire up the debate heading into Saturday... :rolleyes:

Guildford signed the RAHMANZADA brothers on March 4th... They played in the cup game vs GEU Inter (and won 1-0) on March 6th.

From the league site:

12676 HAMED RAHMANZADA March 04 2010 11:20 am
12677 RASHED RAHMANZADA March 04 2010 13:34 pm

The rules are that cup games you needed to have a player signed 7 days before they could play cup and 24 hours prior to league games.

I have talked to a GEU guy to find this out... As I was surfing the site today to look at the suspensions and to check if any new guys were signed by other teams... as it turns out they were aware, but were too late in bringing it up for protest with the league. (48 hours or something)

maybe BC Soccer has something to say about this? but that protest fee is $1000 I think from when I looked into it a while back when a ref gave us a bad deal sending our guy off with a red then submitting it to the league as a yellow.

So what is the outcome?

Is it re-played? Is it a forfeit? Is the result good, but Guildford goes out for use of an illegal player, leaving Vault with a walk to the final.

This really sucks for the GEU guys... It's too bad they didn't notice this right away... now with the games a few days away it would probably be hard for them to even get their shite together to play Vault this week anyways...

MB10? Franchise? Bueller?...

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
FVSL Constitution

Section 3 - PLAYERS

3(a) All senior amateur players in the Fraser Valley Soccer League shall be registered in accordance with the regulations supplied by the B.C. Soccer Association. All Premier and Division One players are to complete a competitive (“A”) form. Master’s Division players will complete an “M” form. All other players will complete a recreational (“B”) form.

3(b) Senior amateur players must be registered with the League registrar/Administrator at least twenty-four (24) hours prior to game time. For PROVINCIAL cup competitions, a player must be registered seven (7) days prior to game day.

3(c) Only eligible players’ names may appear on the team list. FVSL Identification cards for all players in the current line-up must be presented to the referee, together with the team lists, before the game.

3(d) An eligible player who is late for the kick-off may participate in the game IN THE SECOND HALF ONLY AFTER PRESENTATION of his identification card to the referee at half time, together with a substitution slip, if required. NO PLAYER MAY PARTICIPATE IN THE GAME IF HE ARRIVES AFTER THE HALF TIME.

How did they get ID Cards in 24 hours?... surely the ref wouldn't have accepted a paper print email from the league office would he?

http://www.bcsoccer.net/bcsa/LinkClick.aspx?fileticket=rea47C8QECU=&tabid=186 (page 8)
r) All players must be registered seven (7) days before taking part in any cup competition.
s) All players must be registered one (1) day prior to taking part in any league match.

wow...

If I am running this league I have to think, in fairness to all and schedule be damned... that GEU got jammed. Guildford played an ineligible player and they lose. I then get GEU to play Vault. If nobody contacted the league then they are both out, based on timelines for protests if there are any, and I then have Vault play Nomads v FVRD winner in the final... or have Vault play GEU Inter in a midweek game to determine who faces Nomads v Red Devils winner at the finals.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
From BCSA... again: http://www.bcsoccer.net/bcsa/LinkClick.aspx?fileticket=rea47C8QECU=&tabid=186

page 20 point e)
e) Any team playing an ineligible player shall forfeit the game to its opponents, provided the protest is upheld.

The above would only apply if GEU Inter actually notified someone within 48 hours...

But then on page 34... Rule 27 point g)
g) Players must be registered or transferred at least seven (7) days prior to taking part in any cup
competition game, with the exception of youth player participation as covered in paragraph
"c" and paragraph "g" of Rule 10 - Permits.

Rule i)
i) Any team proven to have played an ineligible player in a competition shall be disqualified
from further participation in the competition.

So there you have it...

If you interpret the BCSA Constitution rules as they are written, regardless of whether or not GEU Protested... Guildford should be booted out... congrats Vault... you go to B Cup Provincials! simply by qualifying for the finals. :wa:

SuperMid

Jul 24, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow. Thats brutal. On the FVSL website, as shown above, it says 7 days for provincial and 24 hours for league. but there is a huge grey area for knights cup which leads to provincial cup. Nothing is noted about knights cup. I see now that the rule states 7 days before ANY cup game according to BCsoccer. Inter has been in contact with the FVSL and we were told they were ok to play. But how is that when we all know it takes a while to get ID cards and the BCsoccer rule clearly states 7 days??

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Brutal is right...

GEU is the victim here and Vault (if they play their cards right) should breeze right into the finals without kicking a ball on Saturday.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
There's no grey area Supermid... they broke the rules.

Regardless... All CUP competitions in the FVSL lead to a Provincial Tourney, therefore they ARE Provincial tourneys.

What's the point of having cup? what's the point in distinguishing rules?

SuperMid

Jul 24, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Im chocked, even more now, because on the FVSL website, it only has the rules saying 24 hours for league and 7 days for provincial cup. They should also have the rule saying 7 days for any cup competition period. Because of that rule, and the fact that FVSL didnt have it up on the website, we were too late to protest.

Jay#7

Oct 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
JBN That all refers to Provincial Cup play tho?! Last time I checked the Presidents Cup is not a Provincial cup?

SuperMid

Jul 24, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rule 27 under the BCSA is senior cup competition rules.

g) Players must be registered or transferred at least seven (7) days prior to taking part in any cup
competition game, with the exception of youth player participation as covered in paragraph
"c" and paragraph "g" of Rule 10 - Permits.

Carniehore

Sep 20, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Let's see here, I remember a hard tackle, I remember him getting the foul, I remember backing up for the kick, then I distinctly remember a harmonious chorus of whining from my left:

So were you the half asian with the ACBC looking haircut who called me 16? Or were you the short Frodo looking kid who called me short? The freudian slips in both the digs caught me off guard, I admit.

A hard tackle and you two clowns, let's be clear, start with the chatter. I ask how's it feel losing? Well apparently losing is very disorientating for you because you turtle behind posterity and call me a bad sportsman? Jocularity's, Jocularity's. After your initial comments? This is absurd, for so many reasons, many of which other people on the forum have pointed out. This is Sarah-Palin-I-can-see-your-studs-from-my-house absurd.

Suppose next time you think before you speak.

"Our team plays fairly, we play with class, and we respect all opponents." I like it, I think you've got yourself a new slogan for your club; it's roundabout, belaboured and totally off base. A perfect ACBC fit.

OK .... i have not read ttp in a while !! so im reading up on all the comments and if i was in ur position i would be careful on how u classify ACBC from one game. dont be a bandwagon jumper !! now i played with the Nomads -there my friends so im going to be cival to u. good luck in the semi Nomads im going to try and watch u guys take it on sat !!! lets go House Arr dont embarass me if i do end up coming to watch. i expect a win !! hahahahha

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
JBN That all refers to Provincial Cup play tho?! Last time I checked the Presidents Cup is not a Provincial cup?
BCSA Rules are clear, the fact of the matter is everyone knows the way to the B Provincials is to either win via league play or get to the cup finale.

Cup is Cup.
League is League.

Also this came from Thomas in email to all managers Feb 11th.
[FONT=&quot]FVSL UPDATE Thursday Feb 11/2010[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]SUSPENDED LIST[/FONT][FONT=&quot] - Players who haven’t PAID their Suspension FINES cannot play this weekend, ewven though they may have sat out their games or it’s now Cup. The FINE is part of the previous Suspension and leaves you Suspended if NOT paid. Cheques or CASH can be dropped of to the league office up till 4pm Friday Feb 12, 2010. (If CASH – please put EXACT AMOUNT in sealed envelope as there is no available CASH to make change).[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]2. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]NO OVERTIME[/FONT][FONT=&quot] - Cup games are 90 minutes and straight to PK’s if tied, no overtime until the Semi Finals of all cup competitions. DRAW for next Round Feb 19/20/21 for Pakenham and President’s will be announced Monday Noon.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]3. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]SCHEDULES[/FONT][FONT=&quot] - League make up schedules will be completed over the weekend.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]4. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]MATCH OFFICIALS PAYMENT[/FONT][FONT=&quot] - Referees are to be PAID prior to your game commencing. $60 each team in Pakenham Cup and $30 each team in President’s Cup.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]5. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]MISCONDUCT TOWARDS MATCH OFFICIALS[/FONT][FONT=&quot] - Foul & Abusive Language towards Referees is still a problem this season even though the Discipline Committee is handing out 3 and 4 game Suspensions with $45 and $50 Fines. Please refrain from any discussion with the Match Officials unless it is done with respect. Incidents reported will be dealt with by the Discipline Committee.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]6. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]NO PERMITS -[/FONT][FONT=&quot] For CUP games, players must be registered with the team they play with in all Cup competitions.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]7. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]ID CARDS[/FONT][FONT=&quot] - FVSL ID Cards are required for ALL games, no Drivers License or Student ID is allowed unless you have an APPROVAL LETTER for the date of your game. Any player without the proper ID presented is ineligible to play.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]8. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]TEAM ADMINISTRATION[/FONT][FONT=&quot] - TEAM SHEETS are to be completed uncluding TEAM name, OPPONENTS name, COMPETITION name, LOCATION, DATE and TIME. All players names in FULL with JERSEY NUMBER & REGISTRATION NUMBER and DATE OF BIRTH included. The TEAM MANAGER/COACH should have his name on the bottom and SIGN it before handing 2 COPIES to the MATCH OFFICIAL, you should receive a COPY of the Oppenent’s TEAM SHEET. All Suspended players should appear in the Bottom Suspended player section. The FINE for an incomplete TEAM SHEET is $25.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]9. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]TEAM UNIFORMS[/FONT][FONT=&quot] - TEAMS are to wear matching shirts, shorts and socks. The FINE for non compliance is $50.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]10. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]FIELD PREPERATION[/FONT][FONT=&quot] - TEAMS should have their HOME field prepared, including proper lines, nets and corner flags. The FINE for each infraction is $25.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]11. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]PLAYER REGISTRATION[/FONT][FONT=&quot] - Registration deadline for NEW players is March 31, 2010. Make sure they have not played in any other affiliated league for the Winter season. Any NEW player must provide PROOF of NAME and AGE tot eh league office complete with a JPG format picture for their ID card. No proof, no picture, NO PLAY.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]If you have any questions about the above information please contact the league administrator at the number/e-mail below.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Regards,[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Thomas Mills[/FONT]

I italicized the two points, why didn't a ref catch that these two:
1) Couldn't possibly have received their ID cards within 24 hours since the league office isn't opened on Saturday
2) Had to show some form of ID
3) Would have had to show an approval letter, which means they are no less than a week old to the team, and thus should have been deemed ineligible.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Also, if the league and BCSA do the right thing, which would be to toss Guildford out, that has to suck for their guys that have worked so hard all year to just narrowly miss winning the division and get this far in cup.

If I'm a regular player on Guildford and get ousted because of this I'm pissed at the guy(s) running my team.

GEU aren't the only (potential) victims in this...

onlygoals

Nov 25, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ok boys let me clear somethings up.
Johnny bluenose you must be really stupid to think that we wouldn't do our homework before signing these guys.

Before signing them we called Thomas and asked him if we could sign them and play them and he said it's no problem , we even asked about the 7 Day rule and he told us that rule only applys to provincials and not presidents cup.as for the Id we also asked about that and he gave us an approval letter and all we had to do is show Bc Id with the letter. So I hope this answers all your questions and acussitions.

As far as a protest from inter ! Yes they did protest the match and they were told .

Johnny bluenose really wants to see guildford fall and I wonder why?????? Mmmmmm

Chelsea4life

Jan 27, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Johnny, I fully support your statement. We will be contacting the league, because we recently had our promotion spot taken away from us for having a player that played in the vancouver mens soccer league!!! This in turn, I know that Guilford's #3 Reshad Rahmanzada plays in the burnaby mens soccer league (I heard from a friend).... So in turn, if we were punished for signing a player from another league and stripped from promotion...WHY SHOULD Guilford not have the same done to them??????

SuperMid

Jul 24, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
OnlyGoals. rergardless if you talked to Thomas or not. It says in the BCSA that a player must be signed 7 days prior. period. As a manager you did the right thing contacting the league etc. But you have to understand our point of view with the BCSA rules. Not taking anything away from guilford becuase theyre a good squad. I know another team who asked to play a guy a few days from there cup team last year and they were told no.

jimmy_jones

Jan 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not only that guy but the so called "best" player in FVSL div 2, the guy who plays for Sikh eagles is also in the burnaby league (div A), go through their leading goal scorers.....something for those teams in 2b to talk about..... unless he transferred after playing first game in burnaby? but his registration was in on sept. 8 so he didn't transfer in later.....

housearrest

Dec 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
your to cockey house

its not hard to make the saves when there shot right at you, you are to dramatical

First off, who did you take grammar / spelling lessons from? Ghouse or Mr. Base?

Secondly, don't be upset because your boyfriend from ND got knocked out of cup by the shorthanded Vault. He had a good run and now you can rub his shoulders (among other things) on saturday nights as well :)

Finally, its not about being "TO COCKEY", or should I say "TOO COCKY.". Its about being confident in your team and yourself. As my good friend Carniehore, prob one of the best players I have ever had the pleasure of playing with, has always preached to me: "if you wanna be great, you have to believe you will be great. You have to be confident that anytime you touch the ball, you are gonna score (or in my case, I have to believe I can stop anything)." Its a fine line between being confident and being cocky. Call me what you want, if it makes me a better goalie and player and gets us to the finals, I could care less what you think of me.

Ill make sure I find you on saturday after us Nomads beat the red devils and see if you have anymore smartass remarks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0