Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Presidents Cup Presidents Cup 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Storm

Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm sorry I called the league a joke. Thomas has done a great job with stuff like on the online registration. the thing that gets me annoyed is the website has the rules up and then they go and change them as they see fit. anyway it's just a game, I hope evryone has a fun safe weekend playing the game we love. I still pick the Red Devils to win it all.

You should be sorry KH you muppet. FVSL is just great.

Stick to baseball and keep your opinions to yourself !

:cool:

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't think anyone is changing the rules as they go... I think Laurel may have been telling people over her duration as League Administrator one thing and the fact is it is another thing. Misinterpretations happen all the time. Not to throw her under the bus, but she had some weird rulings on things too that every now and again had to be challenged further up the food chain at times.

Regardless, precedence will be, and is, set year to year. No rules, as far as I can tell, were changed THIS year, and as such I don't think anyone can feel too hard done by on someone signing 2 days before playing in a cup competition. If we were told one thing earlier this year and then a different thing happened later in the year, I would be screaming from the rooftops that this stinks... but it is what it is.

housearrest

Dec 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
your only challenge this cup was acbc your lucky to have made it this far will get you next year stop crying and good luck this weekend,Did you guys rest your players on the weekend cause how did the sfc beat you

Rested a bunch of starters with knocks for our semifinal game, dmen playing forward and vice versa, left mid playing goalie for the 1st time. Just had fun with that game and made sure no one got injured or got any cards

Kevin Hector

Apr 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't think anyone is changing the rules as they go... I think Laurel may have been telling people over her duration as League Administrator one thing and the fact is it is another thing. Misinterpretations happen all the time. Not to throw her under the bus, but she had some weird rulings on things too that every now and again had to be challenged further up the food chain at times.

Regardless, precedence will be, and is, set year to year. No rules, as far as I can tell, were changed THIS year, and as such I don't think anyone can feel too hard done by on someone signing 2 days before playing in a cup competition. If we were told one thing earlier this year and then a different thing happened later in the year, I would be screaming from the rooftops that this stinks... but it is what it is.

I love how a few pages back you go and post shite right from the FVSL website that clearly state the rules. you have a strong opinion on what Guildford did was wrong and now you're all ho hum on the subject. way to have a back bone and stick to your guns.:rolleyes:

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I was told the interpretation over the phone by the man himself.

I think he is wrong, reading the rules as they are written, but he can't be wrong as he is the chief cook and bottle washer.

No precedent, from this year, has been upset, therefore without an axe to grind on this issue specifically I would be wasting my time, and every bodies time, by taking it further.

Moving along...

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
The only thing that mattters is that there is consistency. Rules and Regs can be interpreted many ways, as long as within the same season they stay the same so that nobody gets a leg up or gets hamstrung by the interpretation.

I'd have been pissed if I tried to sign a guy in February only to be told he had to sit a week then have Guildford allowed to sign 2 days prior to the match, that isn't what happened here... so everyone played by the same rules and thus nobody can gripe, well I guess they can, but it doesn't matter.

Sep 17, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
now what if inter wanted to sign someone a few days before the cup game but didnt because they checked it out and its states you cant .. just because the other team asked then they get the ok ,, load of wank . Hell we should be constantly on the phone to fvsl asking them can we do things that we know we cant just incase they say yes . If I were inter id put a 50 per player in and take it to bcsa .

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
If my Aunty had balls she'd be my Uncle.

I know the guys feel hard done by, but what's done is done. We will do our best to get by FVRD and take Guildford out in the finals for ourselves and for the Pride of GEU! ;)

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey I hope you Nomads have entered the 7on7 tournament...You know just in case you dont win this weekend ..so we can play you then...lol
I entered last year and then obviously pulled out when we made the final...

Reds-16

Nov 26, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't see the Nomads beating the Red Devils. We played both and the Red Devils are a far better team skill wise. But this is cup time so anything can happen. Good luck to both.

housearrest

Dec 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't see the Nomads beating the Red Devils. We played both and the Red Devils are a far better team skill wise. But this is cup time so anything can happen. Good luck to both.

Being more skilled doesn't mean anything at this point. Acbc would be classified by anyone as having more skill than us, and look what happened. Cup time is a time to bring it, and we are determined and ready to bring it to anyone we face. We know how to break down and frustrate the skilled teams and you will see tomorrow how bad we want this cup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0