Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Presidents Cup Presidents Cup 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

housearrest

Dec 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Still working on the bbq. Trying to find someone to do it and the right sized bbq. If we do find someone, we will have hot dogs ($3) and smokies ($4) for sale.

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Since I will be in POCO at 3pm..ill do my best to get out to watch...good luck to you all.

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
...I was very disapointed..I drove all the way out there to have a BBQ and watch the Nomads play some good soccer as promiced...

No BBQ and what happened...you are lucky it was only 2 nothing...post ,crossbar should have been 4 or 5 nothing. You guys played like we did the week before...:(

Guildford may have won 3-0 but ...Vault was just awfull...

Red Hype 4-0 final prediction...Sorry Guildford....Red Hype are for real.
Mind you the final is on grass..so 3-1 .....what ever, it wont be close.

number10hamburgler

Mar 16, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Saw both Pres Semi Finals and Pak Semi, ACBC v. PAU. And i still can't figure out why Premier teams played on one of the crappiest grass fields around. I mean this field was worse than Shrathcona. It was really crappy. With a fairly ok TURF field just yards away empty it's definitely a head scratcher. Anyways.

Vault had a good game against Guildford, if they just had more offense, it would have been a match of the season. But unfortunately they had very few scoring chances. And their semi pro forwards were a no show. Regardless, Good game by C4L to keep them in it. He should have gone forward. :D

FVRD are definitely the real deal. They had their way with the Nomads. Didn't even turn my head to really watch that game. Felt bad for Housearrest. Lots of yelling but no reciprocation by defenders. If FVRD can duplicate performance and confidence shown in Nomads game, they will win Pres Cup hands down.

Anywho, there was no BBQ by Nomads, very disappointing. I think even Mr.Mills was very disappointed in the lack of beers or food shown in this game. Very disppointing. LOL:D Ghouse was levid to say the least. Thankfully i got a couple Snackers from KFC to hold me over. Shame on LUFC for promising the BBQ. They definitely need time to heal after this game. :D

stinsons awesome

Sep 26, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
guildford 3-0 vault. rough game, def didn't play our best game. first half played ok and def could have used something resembling finish didn't. they scored off of a deflection with just minutes to go in the half. 2nd half they scored a second within the first 10 from a cross. clinical finish on the header which c4l had no chance on. then third goal pass from the side of the box which their player just outworked our to get the kick in. No one is happy about our performance tonight but even if we had a better game, guildford are a damn good team. All in all clean game from both sides, no cards and damn it was nice to have linesmen

only thing about guildford i couldn't understand was the fact they sound like they're ready to kill each other for any mistakes. I understand in games like this you want yourself and your team to play their best but screaming at each other just seems poisonous. Oddly it seems to work for them cause they play really well. good luck in the final.

cleatsupp

Sep 29, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
guildford 3-0 vault. rough game, def didn't play our best game. first half played ok and def could have used something resembling finish didn't. they scored off of a deflection with just minutes to go in the half. 2nd half they scored a second within the first 10 from a cross. clinical finish on the header which c4l had no chance on. then third goal pass from the side of the box which their player just outworked our to get the kick in. No one is happy about our performance tonight but even if we had a better game, guildford are a damn good team. All in all clean game from both sides, no cards and damn it was nice to have linesmen

only thing about guildford i couldn't understand was the fact they sound like they're ready to kill each other for any mistakes. I understand in games like this you want yourself and your team to play their best but screaming at each other just seems poisonous. Oddly it seems to work for them cause they play really well. good luck in the final.

We are family. No one takes it personel. You won't find a closer group of guys. If someone breaks shape or doesn't do what is "supposed to be done" we let each other know. Everyone is accountable for their actions. That's our success. After the whistle blows we make sure we left it all out there and don't take it home with us.

I think at the beginning of the season we were ranked 27 out of 30 we finished 4th in Points.
Now are the in the last 2 remaining.

Thanks for a good game.

bam bam

Feb 7, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
every team that knocks us out always makes the finals good job guildford you guys deserve it are you guys gonna play ksl this summer it would be nice to try and beat you guy before div 1 anyway good luck in the finals

guildford7

Oct 17, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
As its already been said...But for tradition

Guildford 3 - Vault 0

First off, hats off to Vault for having great tactics. You guys know what your strenghts (and weaknesess) are, and use them. It was clear we were the better soccer team, but that first half was frustrating as hell. That being said, after that first goal went in, the game was pretty much done. Vault had a few half chances, and only 1 shot on the goal. Guildford missed chance after chance, and the game could have been five or six to zero.

I am looking forward to playing FVRD, and hopefully, finally, put an end to all these predictions about Guildford losing. We are top two in pres cup at least, and have surprised a ton of people.

Nov 25, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
first off, congrats to both guildford and fvrd. and another congrats to housearrest for getting us this far in the cup. us nomads were not in the game whatsoever, even before the game it just didn't feel right. the team that knocked acbc out clearly didnt show up. we layed an egg at the wrong time and it was an crappy way to end another enjoyable season. fvrd are clearly not a div2 team, and i see them doing well in div1. good luck in the finals guys.

Titan4Life

Mar 24, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guildford and FVRD were clearly the best two teams on the night last night. Only fitting that the two best teams won.

FVRD dominated the Nomads from start to finish. If not for missed chances and solid goaltending as usual that game could have and should have been far uglier than 2-0.

As for Guildford v. Vault.... Vault defended well and made Guildford work, but the result was never in question. Well done Guildford. You have been the model of consistency all year long. No let downs and find ways to win. Still a little shocked you made it all the way to the end, but credit must be given where it is due.

As for the final, I see FVRD winning. I don't see it being a blowout as Guildford is in every game, but I do see FVRD winning the Cup. My guess...FVRD 3 - Guildford 1. Hope to see everyone in Peace Arch for some good soccer and drinking!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0