Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Pakenham Cup Pak Cup Draw 2007

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Long Ball said:
We are not known for our goal scoring.....we have to use them wisely so we could keep our 4 year undefeated streak against the Rangers in tact.....which potentially looks to be our only bright spot so far this season.

Yes, you have already mentioned your four year undefeated streak against us...congratulations.

Keep it up and rangerforever and coach will bring back their glory years and all their cup runs...Trust me when I say " I would much rather hear about your 4 year domination of the rangers" then listen to either of them:D

And your team isnt the only one in the FVSL that seems to get up and take pride in playing the mighty rangers.
:wa:

Stepchild

Jun 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
BTW, its not 4 years undef. quite yet. Close, but not yet! :rolleyes: Ok, when are we playing the cancelled cup games..4 or 5 I believe. Anyone?

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I assume it is being used for 1st round make up matches and they will also be getting in a few league make up games...

What has got my goat is they are MAKING us play on Dec. 15th when guys have scheduled vacations to see family at Christmas... BUSH last minute scheduling... We'll be done league play in mid- Feb. again!!! :rolleyes:

Advantage = any team who draws a FVSL team in BC's. :mad:

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes, it is bush to not only add where none was previously scheduled, but to CHANGE the scheduled Pak Cup game. In the past, at least they would block off a weekend marked "Make-up Games", to give guys fair warning.

I worked out plans w/ my colleagues to have a sales meeting on the weekend of the 12th SPECIFICALLY because the Pak Cup was not previously scheduled that weekend. Now, can't recall exactly which weekend it was previously scheduled (Jan 5 – 7 I think), but I committed to host this meeting the weekend of the 12th only because we were to play the Lions in a league game. No disrespect to them, but our season boils down to the Pak now.

So, yeah, I'm pissed, and I doubt I'm the only one affected.

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude said:
Yes, it is bush to not only add where none was previously scheduled, .

My Only concern is the lack of notification when changes occur. We should not have to check the FVSL website every day to confirm whether there has been changes.

This season is a tough one with the weather issues but IMO the league needs to create a 20 Week Schedule (League + Pak) and stick to it, Makeup games filled in where they can be, cup games as scheduled and given preference over makeups. After all it is the HOME teams responsibility to find a place and time to play make up games. The league shouldn't be adjusting the entire schedule because of shoddy managers. In addition teams NOT organized enough to help the league schedule their games well in advance of the seasons start should just fcuk off. Don't have a field for a make up game? again... fcuk off.

The cup games should also become a fixed event and something that we can plan for every year. They should intentionally be scheduled to NOT conflict with any other major sporting event. I do like the mid-season PAK cup rounds and I just hope they stick to it and see it out.

Has anyone heard anything regarding Dennis M. no longer being lsited as the President? Apparently there is more going on with the Exec than just some scheduling issues.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude said:
Yes, it is bush to not only add where none was previously scheduled, but to CHANGE the scheduled Pak Cup game. In the past, at least they would block off a weekend marked "Make-up Games", to give guys fair warning.

I worked out plans w/ my colleagues to have a sales meeting on the weekend of the 12th SPECIFICALLY because the Pak Cup was not previously scheduled that weekend. Now, can't recall exactly which weekend it was previously scheduled (Jan 5 – 7 I think), but I committed to host this meeting the weekend of the 12th only because we were to play the Lions in a league game. No disrespect to them, but our season boils down to the Pak now.

So, yeah, I'm pissed, and I doubt I'm the only one affected.

No need to be pissed anymore dude, the schedule now reads that Dec 15-17 is for make-up league and cup games, and Jan 19-21 is again the 2nd game of cup. I think change had more to do with incompetent web design, as what was scheduled for the added week was the same as everyone's first game after the winter break. Either way, they've seemed to 'fix' it.

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
italian_stallion21 said:
No need to be pissed anymore dude,

Wait, I think I see Dude digging around Bigbag's house and the League Offices........ looking for his next task to Crusade.... ;)

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Revised

I can't believe Dude and I are agreeing on the same issue AGAIN... It must be the 3rd time this season that I too will "be like Dude" and take back my disproval with the FVSl exec...

*side note*
Dennis Mortenson resigned as President due to "personal problems"... That and I guess he didn't like Big Bag??? ;)

Big Bag is the best secretary in FVSL history!!! (well at least for the last 2 hours) :rolleyes:

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Whats the deal?

No gamethis weekend????

From the site:

Pakenham CUP 8 Peace Arch Utd D1 vs Surrey FC Rangers FF D1 TBA SSAP TURF TBA

:confused: :mad:

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Z: karma's a bitch, and her name is Lucy. She just keeps pulling away that football, eh?

Coach,

On to more important matters...

Thinking it will be appropriate to hold the Pakenham Cup Draw at Kelly Os X-Mass function.

Make it happen big man.

Stepchild

Jun 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
from what I understand, now PAUt cannot field a team for whatever reason.......this leads me to ask......when is the league going to get this game in that is NOW suitable for both teams.......not when the league see's fit in a last minute surprise.
I see a bright banner on their web page that says no cancellations.....PLEASE DO NOT REQUEST POSTPONEMENTS FOR ANY REASON OTHER THAN FIELD CLOSURES!
I am not too upset because they (league) stepped in for us when PAU could not change the game...so tit for tat is ok with me, but when is this game going to be played that does not screw either team...big bag....coach..anyone?
Are both teams now going to be consulted on a reasonable time? A week game will put lots of pressure on guys that work so hopefully this can be met with LOTS of notice.
When is this going to be scheduled when the league starts back in Jan 5-7 and the cup is Jan 19-21. When is the draw for the second round anyways?
Another late scheduling change during a very confussing season in Div 1.

IDOREALIZEWETOOASKEDFORAGAMECHANGESOSAVEITDUDEANDKNVB

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
If they cannot field a team, that is fine.
But they must have a reason why the cant play it.
It was no secret why we needed the game changed...and we actually were prepared :)rolleyes: kinda)to play it three hours after our plane arrived from Mexico.

But, I agree with Stepchild :eek: , in that both teams should be consulted now to find an appropriate game day.

Really, it is just frustrating.

With no game Saturday,
I went to practice last night for no reason....;)
Or are the going to tell us Thursday, that we now have a game Friday night ?
NOTICE will be a must in this crazy holiday season.

Dude, great call on holding the draw in public....at least Coach will be off the hook for any match fixing scandals.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Stepchild said:
from what I understand, now PAUt cannot field a team for whatever reason.......this leads me to ask......when is the league going to get this game in that is NOW suitable for both teams.......not when the league see's fit in a last minute surprise.
I see a bright banner on their web page that says no cancellations.....PLEASE DO NOT REQUEST POSTPONEMENTS FOR ANY REASON OTHER THAN FIELD CLOSURES!
I am not too upset because they (league) stepped in for us when PAU could not change the game...so tit for tat is ok with me, but when is this game going to be played that does not screw either team...big bag....coach..anyone?
Are both teams now going to be consulted on a reasonable time? A week game will put lots of pressure on guys that work so hopefully this can be met with LOTS of notice.
When is this going to be scheduled when the league starts back in Jan 5-7 and the cup is Jan 19-21. When is the draw for the second round anyways?
Another late scheduling change during a very confussing season in Div 1.

IDOREALIZEWETOOASKEDFORAGAMECHANGESOSAVEITDUDEANDKNVB

Bitch bitch, moan moan...you know you did ask- and get- the original change in game time? :rolleyes: I seem to remember a little team bonding trip to Mexico was more important than the Pak to you?:rolleyes:

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Will this game EVER get played?

posted by: stepchild
A week game will put lots of pressure on guys that work so hopefully this can be met with LOTS of notice.
I'm assuming you meant mid-week, but don't worry about that ever happening unless it's at Newton... We won't give up our turf time at SSA for a stupid mean nothing Div.1 make up game!!! ;)

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
think i answered my own question....
but whats with the forfeit?????

Pakenham CUP 8 Peace Arch Utd D1 vs Surrey FC Rangers FF D1 POSTPONED
Pakenham CUP 13 Chilliwack Rapids D1 vs TWU Titans D1 1-0 Forfeit

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money