Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Pakenham Cup Pak Cup Draw 2007

midman

Oct 15, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
GEU 4 POCO 3 in a shootout

We played down a man the entire game and had an injured D-man in goal. Most of the game was controlled by POCO but the chances were pretty equal. POCO was up 3-1 but we came back with two late goals, the last in extra time. Then after our first shooter missed the net our next nine put theirs in. Our "goalie" made two good saves and game over. Now we meet again in the league next week. Should be good

DJGMC

Sep 11, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
DMU Highlanders 2
GEU SC 0

GEU never really threatened all that much. Most of their chances came from our breakdowns. 0-0 at the half, we scored 2 quick ones and kinda took away their wind. After that they really just wanted to get home after going down 2 and getting drenched in the rain. Props to their keeps who kept them in the game. We really could of had a couple more goals but he came up with some pretty nice stops.

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
DJGMC said:
DMU Highlanders 2
GEU SC 0
Props to their keeps who kept them in the game. We really could of had a couple more goals but he came up with some pretty nice stops.
Wow and all this time I thought their keeps was their week spot.:D

DJGMC

Sep 11, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
girth said:
Wow and all this time I thought their keeps was their week spot.:D

Dont really know much about him. Both our goals were in tight, nothing the keeps could do. He did rob us 2-3 times though.
I also heard that about three of their guys showed up late because they were supposed to be transfered to the Premier squad. The transfer apparently did not go through so they didnt expect to play. They got the late news so they rushed out to our pitch to play which also left the Premier squad short. Fortunatley for GEU the Prem team won which is obviuosly what they were more concerned about. Div 1 side a classy bunch.

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
LUFC Dynamo 1 - Surrey Sporting 0.

We finally played well behind the ball and outplayed SS in the opening 45. We were unlucky not to have finished two other sitters and be up by more. Sporting pressed hard for periods of the 2nd but looked uninterested and "cold" at times.

Good win for us with our confidence needing the boost, and 1st goal of the season for CMF Rick, scoring on a bike.

amazing_hands

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
suburbanator said:
Sporting pressed hard for periods of the 2nd but looked uninterested and "cold" at times.

Sporting looked "cold" and uninterested most the game but worked hard to press for the equalizer at points. Langley was unfortunate not to score a few more throughout the match and definitely deserved the W.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gotta love Pak Cup time. Langley Athletic 1, Div. 1 Lions 0.

The Div. 1 Lions have couple of skilled guys, but they weren't getting a lot of help in that department. But, what they lacked in skill they made up for in fight. They never gave in, and battled all night long.

As for us, we need to do a lot better w/ our finishing. Several sitters missed, where most Premier team and many good Div. 1 sides would makes us pay.

Looking forward to the next draw.

Hall3

Sep 11, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Aldergrove 10
Poco Raiders 0

Poco showed up with eight guys. Waste of time for both teams. The highlight was the hotdogs and beer after the game. Thanks to Barnes for bringing the grub.

blindman

Sep 27, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Heritage Woods TURF was totally saturated. The ball was sticking/stopping down one entire wing. There were puddles in the middle of the pitch and standing water in other sections as we watched two youth teams attempt to play on it, the field was picking up water like a bath tub. No way to play any match let alone the Pak Cup.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
blindman said:
Heritage Woods TURF was totally saturated. The ball was sticking/stopping down one entire wing. There were puddles in the middle of the pitch and standing water in other sections as we watched two youth teams attempt to play on it, the field was picking up water like a bath tub. No way to play any match let alone the Pak Cup.

Was this park built by the same people that did Poco's turf:confused:

Reece

Sep 3, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Franchise said:
Was this park built by the same people that did Poco's turf:confused:

That was the first time I've actually seen it that bad, I don't think its been that saturated with water ever. It was quite surprising.

Anyways, I don't know if they were built by the same people...

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Franchise,

The rain has been constant for a good two weeks here...flooding in many of the lower areas. So, given that, not surprised to see some of the AT fields get closed down. We were OK on Mackie the other night, but it seems that one is strategically built on the high side of a hill, so drainage there is likely much better than other areas.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude said:
Franchise,

The rain has been constant for a good two weeks here...flooding in many of the lower areas. So, given that, not surprised to see some of the AT fields get closed down. We were OK on Mackie the other night, but it seems that one is strategically built on the high side of a hill, so drainage there is likely much better than other areas.

It just suprised me that a turf field would have standing water.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Results all in:

Golden Ears Utd P 4, Poco City FC P 3
Delta Metro Highlanders D1 2, Golden Ears Utd D1 0
North Delta Lions P 3, Aldergrove Warriors D1 1
Dewdney FC Razorbacks D1 X, Tsawwassen Royals D1 X
North Delta Lions D1 0, Langley Athletic D1 1
Peace Arch Utd D1 X, Surrey FC Rangers FF D1 X
Langley Dynamo D1 1, Surrey Sporting FC D1 0
Poco City FC Reserves D1 2, Columbia Bearcats D1 3
Chilliwack Rapids D1 X, TWU Titans D1 X
Delta Metro Utd P 1, Abbotsford Mariners D1 2
Aldergrove Utd P 10, Poco City FC Raiders D1 0
Whalley Utd Hurricane D1 X, Port Moody Gunners D1 X
Port Moody Fury P X, GN Sporting Club P X

After round 1, Poco prem, Delta Prem both out.

The 2-1 win by Abby has to be the upset of the round...I suppose if anyone doubted these kids before, this result shows at the very least they will not roll over and play dead in the 2nd half of the schedule.

Dynamo beating Sporting doesn't shock me one bit; we handed it to them in the promotion playoff last year, and outplayed them in a 1-0 loss this year. Sporting lacks consistent effort and workrate, so I can see Dynamo catching them "cold", and running all over them.

Still a lot of big games to play: I see Rangers, Gunners, Fury, DFC, and TWU advancing.

Raiders...why bother boys?:rolleyes:

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
A note on the sched: looking good on the league now to have scheduled these games early; it appears w/ the early wash-outs, we'll need the make-up room in the schedule.

Hopefully these matches gets played soon, and we can get this re-draw going. Kenny, how about holding it at Kelly O'Bryans, making an event out of it? Maybe a draw / TTP X-Mass party?

I missed last years, so I'm anxious to see what these TTP X-Mass bashes are all about. :rolleyes:

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude said:
I missed last years, so I'm anxious to see what these TTP X-Mass bashes are all about. :rolleyes:

Are you allowed out again? You still have a gender neutral avatar so I figured you were still being monitored for behaviour.

Hello Mrs. Dude, can Dude come out and play?

keepyourheadup

Jan 13, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude said:
Results all in:

Golden Ears Utd P 4, Poco City FC P 3
Delta Metro Highlanders D1 2, Golden Ears Utd D1 0
North Delta Lions P 3, Aldergrove Warriors D1 1
Dewdney FC Razorbacks D1 X, Tsawwassen Royals D1 X
North Delta Lions D1 0, Langley Athletic D1 1
Peace Arch Utd D1 X, Surrey FC Rangers FF D1 X
Langley Dynamo D1 1, Surrey Sporting FC D1 0
Poco City FC Reserves D1 2, Columbia Bearcats D1 3
Chilliwack Rapids D1 X, TWU Titans D1 X
Delta Metro Utd P 1, Abbotsford Mariners D1 2
Aldergrove Utd P 10, Poco City FC Raiders D1 0
Whalley Utd Hurricane D1 X, Port Moody Gunners D1 X
Port Moody Fury P X, GN Sporting Club P X

After round 1, Poco prem, Delta Prem both out.

The 2-1 win by Abby has to be the upset of the round...I suppose if anyone doubted these kids before, this result shows at the very least they will not roll over and play dead in the 2nd half of the schedule.

Dynamo beating Sporting doesn't shock me one bit; we handed it to them in the promotion playoff last year, and outplayed them in a 1-0 loss this year. Sporting lacks consistent effort and workrate, so I can see Dynamo catching them "cold", and running all over them.

Still a lot of big games to play: I see Rangers, Gunners, Fury, DFC, and TWU advancing.

Raiders...why bother boys?:rolleyes:

Well, unlike other teams we have never been granted a postponement because we are missing players, regardless if the other team is OK with it. Another example of this league being pathetic in their decision making. We have tried several times over the past years to have a game postponed and have always been denied without question. The league seems some fukcing balls!!!!! Another reason why so many people take shots at the administration. GOOD JOB AGAIN.

As for eight guys, we have a monumental amount of inuries, not an excuse, just a fact. We haven't been able ot field a full roster since we beat the rangers again for umpteenth time in a row. Our age and not training in over four years may be playing factor

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0