Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Pakenham Cup Pak Cup Draw 2007

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude said:
I missed last years, so I'm anxious to see what these TTP X-Mass bashes are all about.

Laced in sarcasm. I was definitely there in body last year. Apparently put on quite the show for the missus uppon arriving safely at home via Coach's taxi cab.

Damn Guinness and his Beaver Buzz concoctions.

FVcascade

Sep 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude said:
Results all in:

The 2-1 win by Abby has to be the upset of the round...I suppose if anyone doubted these kids before, this result shows at the very least they will not roll over and play dead in the 2nd half of the schedule.

Game was 0-0 at half, we went up with about 25 minutes left in the game. They tied it up with 5 to go, only for us to score 15 seconds later. I was surprised to actually see a younger side then us this year. We were able to match their pace and win the majority of the 50 50's. And I thought we could have walked off with it if we had of finished a few of our chances.

The field was immaculate by the way, very impressed.

Glad to finally be back in the Pak!:knvb:

outkast

Jan 30, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
anyone know when the draw for the next round of the pak is coming out??

and it sure will be nice to play with 11 players and a realy goalie in the second round...:D

1/2 PINT

Oct 3, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
FVcascade said:
And I thought we could have walked off with it if we had of finished a few of our chances.
Agreed, realistically the game should have been 4-0. The had 2 corner kicks in the first half, that is the only time the ball was in our half. They did not know how to handle our strikers...They just could not score :confused:

Second half was a little different, they started to pressure a little more. Their goal was a bad give away from us at the halfway line...it was a well taken goal though.

I think they played the last 15 minutes with 5 up front.

We made it tough on ourselves, but managed to squeak it out!

Can't wait for the draw for the next round :wa:

Knees United

Aug 27, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
keepyourheadup said:
Well, unlike other teams we have never been granted a postponement because we are missing players, regardless if the other team is OK with it. Another example of this league being pathetic in their decision making. We have tried several times over the past years to have a game postponed and have always been denied without question. The league seems some fukcing balls!!!!! Another reason why so many people take shots at the administration. GOOD JOB AGAIN.

As for eight guys, we have a monumental amount of inuries, not an excuse, just a fact. We haven't been able ot field a full roster since we beat the rangers again for umpteenth time in a row. Our age and not training in over four years may be playing factor

Imagine if you hadn't had those "monumental" injuries!! Maybe The score would have been a lot closer......like 6-0.

Aside: can you explain what the fcuk you are trying to say in your last sentence?? I see your english is as good as your defence.

Go back to sleep....

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
keepyourheadup said:
. We have tried several times over the past years to have a game postponed and have always been denied without question.

Oh!!! SO you are too blame. The league now allows NO schedule changes whether both teams agree or not simply because there are too many donkeys that always ask for them.

Do you have any idea how many "WEDDINGS" there are in a year that the FVSL has to hear about?

IMO - Valid reasons for a postponement.

1. FIELD IS CLOSED
2. DEATH AFFECTING ONE OR BOTH TEAMS DIRECTLY

I have NO problem, (any neither does the league) when two teams mutually agree to change the date, place or time of a game, providing af field is available and the game is played in the correct WEEK. IE: Switching a Friday game to a Sunday etc.

The League however could use some more forsight and lay their schedule over top of other major sporting events etc in an attempt to let us watch Greycups and enjoy long weekends etc but realistically we only have so much time to complete our games and therefore the schedule is the schedule. If we all had our way with postponed games we'd have like 5 makeup games at the end of the season on top of the 1 or 2 that are rainouts.

Our teams Bye however comes conveniently on Grey Cup Weekend this year... :wa:

dutch08

Sep 21, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Will the make up of the postponed Pak cup games be up the teams to work out... or will the league reschedule for us? You would think they would want these played ASAP (maybe before league games?) to get the next round draw underway...

Long Ball

Oct 15, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Knees United said:
Imagine if you hadn't had those "monumental" injuries!! Maybe The score would have been a lot closer......like 6-0.

Aside: can you explain what the fcuk you are trying to say in your last sentence?? I see your english is as good as your defence.

Go back to sleep....

I'm sure Aldergrove was quite happy to see us with 8 players because the last time we played them with a full squad it was 0-0.

The 8 guys that showed up took one for the team as this game cleared up suspensions for 3 of our guys so they can play in our next game.....which is against abby.

Sometimes sleeping & thinking looking very similar on-line if you don't know the whole story;)

1/2 PINT

Oct 3, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Long Ball said:
I'm sure Aldergrove was quite happy to see us with 8 players because the last time we played them with a full squad it was 0-0.

The 8 guys that showed up took one for the team as this game cleared up suspensions for 3 of our guys so they can play in our next game.....which is against abby.

Sometimes sleeping & thinking looking very similar on-line if you don't know the whole story;)

So you think one league game against us is more important than the Pak Cup :confused:

dutch08

Sep 21, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think Long ball is trying to say, it was a lose lose situation... They couldve not played, taken the forfeit (albeit less embarassing then losing 10-0 and having 8 players), but this would not have counted as a game played for the 3 suspended players. By going out there and actually playing it counts as a game played towards their players suspension. Either way they were losing, but at least this way they have more players for the match with you... correct me if im wrong raider fans.:p

Stepchild

Jun 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
suburbanator said:
Do you have any idea how many "WEDDINGS" there are in a year that the FVSL has to hear about?
when i start getting paid to play, then maybe LIFE will come second to soccer. give your head a shake. :)

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Steppy

Please tell the boys down in Mexico the game is off this weekend.

How is the sun...........

DJGMC

Sep 11, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Coach said:
Steppy

Please tell the boys down in Mexico the game is off this weekend.

How is the sun...........

If Steppy is in Mexico.....sounds like soccer is life.
On TTP in Mexico? Brutal !

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Long Ball said:

So , either way, you guys weren't going to score a goal.

Long Ball

Oct 15, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Zaurrini said:
So , either way, you guys weren't going to score a goal.
We are not known for our goal scoring.....we have to use them wisely so we could keep our 4 year undefeated streak against the Rangers in tact.....which potentially looks to be our only bright spot so far this season.

1/2 PINT

Oct 3, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think it's a good thing Raiders had all their players save themselves from the Pak Cup to play against the Mariners....THEN 5 of you go ahead and get yourselves Red carded so that you can't play against us anyways.

I think it was Longball that said "The 8 guys that showed up took one for the team as this game cleared up suspensions for 3 of our guys so they can play in our next game.....which is against abby.

Sometimes sleeping & thinking looking very similar on-line if you don't know the whole story"

Does this mean you will only have 8 guys taking one for the team again :confused:

dutch08

Sep 21, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
1/2 PINT said:
I think it's a good thing Raiders had all their players save themselves from the Pak Cup to play against the Mariners....THEN 5 of you go ahead and get yourselves Red carded so that you can't play against us anyways.

When did the raiders get 5 more red cards?? maybe i missed a post?

1/2 PINT

Oct 3, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
No posts yet regarding this...
I heard that they had 2 sent off during the game, then another couple after the game was finished for foul language to the ref.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0