Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

'Nucks vs Kings 2012 Playoffs Round 1

dutch13

Feb 5, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well the greatest team to never achieve anything strikes again. Mason, pack your shite, time to go bud. But next year is the year right guys? Plan the parade!!!

awww fcuk it, GO WHITECAPS!

Maybe he can take Edler and Bieska with him. Talk about disappearing when it counts. Way to fall asleep on their first goal Edler. atta boy.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Edlers gf or wife in sweden must have told him that if he's not back by may she's leaving him cause he did nothing at all. Hopefully this loss wakes this team up. Hope I can find a tee time soon

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No heart.....no grit. That is what happens when your captain is named Sedin. Team is too soft and the Kings proved that deservingly winning the series. Fcuk if only I had bet the Kings/Flyers double to win their series........36/1. :eek:

Let's go, Flyers.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I thought Henrik was the only one that had a decent series. 2 goals and 3 assists in 5 games, just had zero in terms of a supporting cast. Has Anyone seen Kesler, Booth, higgins? What will it be this year as an excuse for Kesler shoulder, hip, maybe a lack of natural talent. 3 playoffs in a row in the deciding series he hasn't got it done and every year there is something. That's the problem with relying on guys like that as your go to, he bangs crashes and works his ass off but gets banged up and doesn't have that extra special talent to fall back on. Jagr is 40 and can still get it done because he has that special talent even though the legs aren't there like they used to be.

dutch13

Feb 5, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
No heart.....no grit. That is what happens when your captain is named Sedin. Team is too soft and the Kings proved that deservingly winning the series. Fcuk if only I had bet the Kings/Flyers double to win their series........36/1. :eek:

Let's go, Flyers.

Its a good thing we traded for Kassian, to get the grit/heart we needed to win the cup right now, rather than in the future.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Why is everyone looking for a scapegoat or blaming the Nucks woes on something? Of course they weren't the better team, or even good enough. The Kings won the series with 11 fcuking goals in 5 games. Schneider let in 3 goals in regulation time, 4 total including reg and ot in three games. Luongo let in 8 in 2 (and he was the best Nuck on the ice in game 1 ffs) If you can't win 4 of 7 games you lose your series, if you can't outscore your opponents you lose games. It's not rocket science.

This has less to do with looking at trades in hindsight, blaming poor officiating, conspiracy theories and players wearing #17 that have no clue about leadership than it does with ~20 of the 30 teams in the league being a bounce or two away from being able to beat any of the other ~20 teams in the league in any game. Parity.

With cost certainty you also get a level of predictability.

This is the best/worst league in the world for parity (depending on your vantage point) couple that with officiating that appears to be subpar with a large amount of influence on the outcomes of games and you have what Bettman, NBC and the Yanks want: Any Given (insert day here)

As for my take on what can be done or could be done: The window is closing or has closed for this current team. Hindsight being what it is, I feel like the wrong guy was traded, but a trade still needed to be made. Hodgson shouldn't have been traded for Kassian, Kesler should have been traded for something before his stock drops so low that he becomes untradeable. He blocked 2 shots and played well in his own net but couldn't score on or wingman a mate to score on a thai hooker. This core has to be changed in a drastic way and if I'm volunteering people I nominate Kesler and Luongo- not because they're poor but because they seem to reflect poor leadership imho and because they offer highest potential rate of return.

It's going to be VERY hard to make changes. The Nucks have a load of players returning under contract with a small amount as rfa's and ufa's.
UFA's: Volpatti, Ebbet, Pahlsson, Bitz, Pinnizotto, Salo & Rome (good riddance)
RFA's:Schneider, Gragnani, Weise and Raymond (also good riddance- we can ONLY hope)

although all of what I just wrote is in conflict with the first bit in my post. All you really need is to build a team in the top 16 to make the playoffs relatively healthy and hope to peak at the right time form wise.

FORE. (and Go Flyers Go!)

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yeah yeah, blow it all up. Again? FFS, is this fcuking Toronto? There is a team here with enough talent to take first overall in the league (for what little that's apparently worth) two years in a row. Maybe some of the players are too selfish to figure out the team part of the game necessary to win the gonfalon, but at least some of them get it.

Kesler is done here. He's either damaged physically (and won't admit it on camera) or has some kind of emotional anchor like Luongo that's retarding his ability to be the player he was last season before he got hurt. Is he worth anything to be traded for? Depends what the other GMs think around draft time...

Luongo will head east and south. Florida and Mrs. Luongo are calling him back. The big problem is what can be obtained in return? Who's got the room for that kind of a cap hit?

Everybody Hates Raymond. What's his stock worth? Anybody stop to think long enough that maybe some of these guys ARE being shopped around by Gillis and nobody's biting? Kassian I've already uttered my thoughts about previously. He's next year's model at the earliest; more realistically the following year's.

How secure is AV's job and The Process? You could point fingers at the fact that this Players' Team couldn't be motivated enough to take a 1 v 8 series seriously enough until they'd already spotted their opponents 2 1/2 games. Is that his fault, or at least enough so that he takes the fall for the lack of intensity and defensive brain farts shown in front of his goaltenders?

fat monkey

Oct 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
When Canuck fans inevitably come to turn sour on the Hodgson trade when the team performs under par for long stretches - and they will as he will be a stud in this league - I doubt Kassian will be the brunt of the abuse. After all, it wasn't his fault that this ridiculous trade was made.

Rather, it will be a highly unimaginative centre in Ryan Kesler, whose presence forced Hodgson out of town, and Mike Gillis, who made some questionable moves this season.

Despite his success last season, I still say that Kesler was at his best while playing right wing with Sundin in the middle. He should play on the wing with a creative centre like Hodgson to set up his shot. Not sure why the Nucklehead brass couldn't see this. Kesler's predictability is laughable. Carry the puck over the line and wind up with his huge wrist shot that will either get blocked or will miss the net.

This isn't sour grapes over last night either. I have been pounding this drum since Hodgson's stock started to rise back around Christmas.

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fire Alain Vigneault.

Why the fcuk was Booth on the Sedin line? (Burrows?????????)

Why did we play Zone-D in the 3rd period..

Team fail.

Go LIONS?

P.s. MTKB aka troy from whiterock!

FAK!

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gonna need to Restructure the core ...

1)Fire Coach

2)Hire new coach

3)Add a stud On defense...

4)Move Luongo

5)Trade Kesler

6)Hire a P.I. to find out who is screwing who's wife. Something in that locker room is not right.

7) Never mind.. there wont be hockey next year anyway. LOCKOUT TIME!!

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guys....Hodgson was trade because he didnt get along with the guys or coach. He ate dinners on his own and was anti social on road trips and in dressing room. The core guys didnt like him. Gillis was strapped at the deadline and the Sabres made the best offer for him.

Not much Gillis could do.

Little inside scoop

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Could be, very likely. That's actually the most salient/believable story I've heard re: Hodgson.

I do know Kesler is a whiny bitch. he didn't come out to field questions last night. He's the first one out in the limelight when there's accolades being thrown about but he's 100% MIA when there's tough questions to be answered.

An Insider (I could tell you but I'd have to kill you) has told me before that Kesler is "always hurt" that way when he plays well he is Superman for playing through pain etc, but when he plays shite he has an automatic excuse. His lack of showing up for the media last night is proof positive of this and I'm sure we'll hear of another hip flexor issue or torn this that or the other thing on Tuesday when they clean up their lockers and hit the links from Kesler.

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thank god we cant blame Luongo......maybe everyone will see now that goal tending should not be the focus it is in Vancouver....

He didn't score just like the finals last year. I can only imagine what Luongo haters would be saying if that was Luongo in net instead of Schnieder. Schnieder played well but he still has only won 1 playoff game in 3 NHL starts.

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I bet the NHL is loving the possibilities of St Louis vs. LA and Phoenix vs. Nashville for round 2 followed by St Louis vs. either Phoenix or Nashville for the western final. Going to be some great TV rating in the West this year.

fat monkey

Oct 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What about in the other conference where it's lining up to be Florida vs. Ottawa?

Yeesh.

There has to be figure skating on somewhere, right?

fat monkey

Oct 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guys....Hodgson was trade because he didnt get along with the guys or coach.

Not much Gillis could do.

Since when did liking your teammates on an NHL team matter? Or the coach for that matter?

Do you think that the other 21 roster players are all best friends, despite how they portray themselves in front of the camera? They come from all walks of life, different backgounds, different ethnicities, etc. In professional sports, if you happen to like any of your teammates, that's a bonus.

Even if that were the case, that doesn't mean you pull the trigger on a bad move just because it was all you felt you could get at the time.

Exhibit A - Rick Nash.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rick Nash and a Top 4 D-man should be Gillis' work in the off-season and he has the assets / cap-room to make it happen.

Everything else is just odds and sods.

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
@ Monkey atleast Ottawa is a Canadian team and will get ratings

@ Regs We are not on Nash's list of teams.

I have to correct myself above and say Schneider is 1 win for 4 playoff games 25% and Luongo is 15 wins in 25 60% during the same period and 32 in 61 53% career. Stats are fun.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0