Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

'Nucks vs Kings 2012 Playoffs Round 1

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Since when did liking your teammates on an NHL team matter? Or the coach for that matter?

Do you think that the other 21 roster players are all best friends, despite how they portray themselves in front of the camera? They come from all walks of life, different backgounds, different ethnicities, etc. In professional sports, if you happen to like any of your teammates, that's a bonus.

Even if that were the case, that doesn't mean you pull the trigger on a bad move just because it was all you felt you could get at the time.

Exhibit A - Rick Nash.

Actually to be honest and from what I have seen and heard (resource) most guys are great on the team and all enjoy being at the rink with eachother....Cody was an outkast of the group..

You see and hear alot in the media group at GM Place.

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Franchise I agree that the list will get bigger but the fact that he left a cup contender off the list tells me he is not interested for whatever reason.

I also agree that I would prefer Weber or Sutter and I am not sure how Nash would fit and what we would have to give up to get him. Let Toronto overpay for him. He is use to having his spings off. I wonder if Nashville makes the final would Suter and Weber consider staying.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
In order of priority:

1. Relieve coach of duties, target new hire. Maybe McTavish is the right fit to push the right buttons short term, i.e.: two years. Maybe not. What is Babcock’s contract status?
2. On July 1:
~Break the bank for Nash. He wants to win? Money talks, and the right environment may change his mindset.
~Find a suitable top 4 D to add to the mix. Is Webber up for grabs? Break another bank.
~Move Luongo, for whatever you can get. Maybe a good draft pick, maybe a good role player or two. Shoot for the stars, maybe hit the moon on this one, but move him ASAP.
~Resign Schneider long tem, bring up Eddie Lack to back-up for 30 or so games.

Coach V was baffling this year. He spent the last 10 games w/ LaPierre on the top line, with success, and then moves him off that line for the playoffs for…Mason Raymond? Come on now. Besides, I think the players have tuned him out, that’s pretty clear.

Who cares about Hodgson now…he’s gone, and I’m sure there were good reasons to move him. I liked him too, BTW…but I also like Kassian’s potential, and I get the feeling it will be realized sooner than later. You can’t judge Kessler’s year…he came off major surgery FFS, in the core, where he generates all his power. This year, we had to hope he’d get back to his previous form, but honestly, it was a rehab year. It takes a good year to fully recover from something like that.

I like Gillis. Maybe he made some moves that now looked bad w/ 20/20 vision. Booth…what would we have, Samuelson? Back when he made the deal, this looked like robbery on the ‘Nucks part. Samuelson had to go, he was doing NOTHING. At least Gillis is active (remember “Stand Pat”?), and has proven to have an ability to get guys signed for deals that work for the team. Cap saving deals. Would you rater have Noonis? Or Burke, trading away all the assets as he has in Toronto? The ‘Nucks were in the same spot when Gillis arrived as Toronto was when Burke went there. Look at the ‘Nucks now, and look at TO, where arguably their best move this off-season may be to fire Burke. Gillis is one of the top executives in the league, and he’s been good for the team, overall. He deserves the opportunity to fix this.

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Booth makes 4.5 million per, and has time left on his contract. Ditto Ballard. Grabner and a 1st went for the latter. Gillis is also the guy that originally offered Sundin 20 million over 2 years - imagine if he'd accepted and came back for a 2nd season at a cap hit of 10 million... I dont know that he's been that much of a hit, to be honest...

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0