Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Nucks vs Boston - 2011 Stanley Cup Final

Stanley Cup 2011 Final - who'll win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
We can pick apart arguments all day (we have, actually).

My position is both from the gut and business sense side.

1. Luongo drives me crazy. I think he's mentally weak. I believe that we'd get just as far or further w/ Scneider in the pipes.

2. We need cap flexibility next year to re-sign some key players. Eliminating Lou's contract would be a good 1st step.

I hope I'm proven wrong about the bed wetter tomorrow.

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
5.3 Million Luongo plus 900,000 Schneider is pretty cap friendly for next year.
I know you can handle the pressure because you won a Pak cup and all Luongo did was win a gold metal in a hockey crazed market with the world watching. look at other teams cap hits for goalies that haven't gotten as far. We are a goalie graveyard because fans have unrealistic expectations.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not when you're looking at that much extra and more to secure the rest of the top players.

But anyhow...like I said, I hope to be proven wrong. Tell you what, if I am wrong about BW Lou, I won't tackle you as hard next year. How is the big toe?

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Toe is better than the monkey's pride after costing us the season. Talk about choking under pressure eh monkey.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
If only Henrik could finish like Dude on that left footer, we may be celebrating the Stanley Cup today.

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I won't knock Lu since he's come up big before but the first of many things will show if he's ready tomorrow. How he handles the first few saves will show us if he's ready. If you look at the first 2 goals yesterday and you focus on his legs you'll notice he doesn't get set quickly and he's shuffling them as if he's anxious. Maybe that's how he plays, it's just the first time I've seen it when they showed the Lucic goal from behind the goal. If he gets scored on early it's how he rebounds. I don't care if he gets beat by a goal early just make sure the 2nd doesn't follow soon after. If it's a repeat of game 6 either call the timeout right there and then or switch goalies after 2. If he can get out of the first tied or with a lead I think this is ours. If the game is called fairly, either call it by the book or just put away the whistles, then Vancouver will take over the game especially the last 20-30 mins.

3-1 Canucks is what I'm going with.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Franchise,
Tough to be the best defensive team when your tender has a G.A of 8.3 away from home isn't it. Luongo isn't the problem he is apart of why we have lost all 3 games in Boston, a rather large part actually. Agree about the top 2 lines, Kesler is clearly hurt and not producing and the Sedins well they are getting all the attention and Chara appears to be able to do whatever he wants to them without a call. Still those two lines need to find a way to produce in game 7. Our power play has gone to shite because Boston had a game plan for our power play and early in the series they jumped the passes when the Sedins skated in, stopped and tried to do their little drop pass. Good coaching and preparation from Boston. On top of that they have the best player in the series in the pipes as the last line of defense. Still our top players need to find a way to score, he is human and not the goal saving robot he appears. Our best players haven't been good enough. Luongo can post another shutout Wednesday, he has it in him but if he lets an early one in sit back and watch the show.

Mercurial

Sep 17, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Everything I could have said has already been beaten to death here.

Luongo has to prove himself(again.....I thought that stage was over after Chicago game 7) or this whole city might go Okinawa tommorow night.

The bipolarity of his play in this stanley cup final is almost unheralded.

I don't think I can take much more drama with this team...

But we all know it's going to happen someway, somehow. I just can't fathom what could beat Toews scoring a shorthanded goal with a minute left in game 7 to tie a game.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Talked to a street hotdog vendor I know downtown to day who just HATES Luongo, and actually know a lot about hockey. He now calls Lu "Sybil", but said tomorrow the goaltender part of "Sybil" will come out tomorrow, and he predicts Canucks will win by one in a low scoring game...and he rarely supports Luongo, especially lately. Believe it or not, there are a couple of panhandlers who know a ton about hockey and the playoffs as well...one which can't even panhandle on game day cuz he is too nervous and thinks it will bring the Canucks bad luck. Lots of different types of fans out there...

Sir M

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Talked to a street hotdog vendor I know downtown to day who just HATES Luongo, and actually know a lot about hockey. He now calls Lu "Sybil", but said tomorrow the goaltender part of "Sybil" will come out tomorrow, and he predicts Canucks will win by one in a low scoring game...and he rarely supports Luongo, especially lately. Believe it or not, there are a couple of panhandlers who know a ton about hockey and the playoffs as well...one which can't even panhandle on game day cuz he is too nervous and thinks it will bring the Canucks bad luck. Lots of different types of fans out there...

Sir M

Cool story bro.

05_cool_story_bro.jpg

Mercurial

Sep 17, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guys, I don't believe:(

We're too banged up. For **** sakes we're going to have Jeff Tambellini, Tanner Glass, Oreskovich, Chris Tanev and Andrew ****ing Alberts in our lineup. Couple this with Kesler, Henrik, Edler, and Erhoff obviously playing banged up, I think its a BIG BIG ask for them to win tommorow:(

I'm feeling so much more trepidation than anticipation.....

Luongo needs to play lights out, he just needs too.

That or the Sedins need to make their wonder twin powers activate for once this finals.

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
[QUOTEGuys, I don't believe][/QUOTE]

Mercurial, please don't jump on here tomo night after the Canucks win it all and say you knew it would happen!! I'll be honest I am scared as heck about our chances tomo night and I am so fortunate to be going to the game. I have butterflies and will have a hard time sleeping tonight, but no matter what happens I still believe in the fact that the Canucks have made this City proud of them again.The beauty of sports is when it come down to one game anything can happen. Heck do you think there would be this much excitement and anticipation if we already knew what the score was and who was going to win??

Mercurial

Sep 17, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
[QUOTEGuys, I don't believe]

Mercurial, please don't jump on here tomo night after the Canucks win it all and say you knew it would happen!! I'll be honest I am scared as heck about our chances tomo night and I am so fortunate to be going to the game. I have butterflies and will have a hard time sleeping tonight, but no matter what happens I still believe in the fact that the Canucks have made this City proud of them again.The beauty of sports is when it come down to one game anything can happen. Heck do you think there would be this much excitement and anticipation if we already knew what the score was and who was going to win??[/QUOTE]

Congrats, I hope you have a hell of a time.

My last post was just me venting my fears, I'm seriously scared shitless right now.....I mean all these horrifying images are going through my head. I want them to win so badly, it hurts. i was only 5 when 94 happened, and seeing some of my childhood hero's like Bure, Linden, Ronning, Courtnell, Adams etc all coming out the past few days and talking about their experiences and what they went through, how they played injured and left it all on the line and beyond only to come up just short....I don't want that to happen again.

Linden scored 2 great goals playing with broken ribs, Bure was hacked, slashed, crosschecked, bullied, and more the entire playoffs and still led it in scoring. We need hero performances tommorow, play the hell out of the Sedins and Kesler, this is it!

God, I'm more nervous then when I line up on the field across fellow VMSL players:D

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Got to work this morning, and as I'm walking upstairs to my office, I hear Black Eyed Peas on the radio, "Tonight's Going to be a Good Night".

Same song I heard the morning of the Gold Medal game.

I'm going to be a wreck all day. Today I'll love Luongo. Let's go boys, this is what you live for.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0