Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Nucks vs Boston - 2011 Stanley Cup Final

Stanley Cup 2011 Final - who'll win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
the TSN2 ratings will vary inversely with Lebrongo's save percentage tonight...

I have no idea what to expect. Could be Canucks in a laugher. Could be Bruins in a laugher. Could be close. Could be OT. Could be 5 OT's... its just impossible to handicap this one, the teams are obviously so incredibly tightly matched...

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I agree with Regs. Luongo lets in a soft one in the first five minutes, AV pulls him for Schneider on Dudes request and we go on to take it 3-1.

I gotta say the closer it gets the more nervous I am and it has more to do with our banged up D and having two of our top six forwards out than it has with Luongo's mental state. This is what sports are all about, should be a good one.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
This just in: Horton took the warmup and Lappy shot the puck at him.

Fcuk you Bruins - GO CANUCKS GO!!!

:wa:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
CBC - what's with all the Boston interviews before the game?!?!

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
This just in: Horton took the warmup and Lappy shot the puck at him.

Fcuk you Bruins - GO CANUCKS GO!!!

:wa:

Don't think that happened but i did see a clip of Thomas shooting a puck at Luongo in the pregame.
**** would i love to see someone wipe that smug smile off Thomas' face and run him hard.

cside17

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I cant figure out how to start a new thread, Regs?

But it would be;

Are Canuck fans sore losers, or retarted?

Im sick watching the news right now, pathetic!

Kippax

Aug 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I thought the City has done well to have a bit of atmosphere downtown, and try and lose the "no fun city" tag. I don't think they will be so accommodating next time. Bunch of morons

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
there was a lot of chirping at the start of the series by both fans and Canuck players tending to suggest (or flat out state) that Boston might as well not bother showing up.... Canucks in 4, 5 tops, said the geniuses....

frankly, this looks SO good on the team and about 90% of Canuck fans... I do feel for the 10% of diehards, and the classy fans that attended game 7 (they were great at the end, full props), because I was expecting to be in their shoes...

Gotta say though, this feels better than I ever could have imagined...

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I was proud of the team this year, my feelings for Luongo asside. He didn't cost them the game last night, fact is a better team showed up and beat them. The Bruins got stronger as this round went on, and the boys just seemed to be running on fumes last night, coupled by an all-world performance by Thomas. I was proud of the way the fans reacted INSIDE the building.

I am sick beyond belief at the rioting. Not much else to say there, expressed my feelings on that in the other thread. So sad right now.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
and the boys just seemed to be running on fumes last night
Agree 100%.

The team had ZERO energy it seemed right from the get-go. You couldn't help but notice that there were no "big" hits from the Nucks early on. And it seemed when they did attempt a hit, they were the ones on their ass :(

The fans in the building I thought were all class - good on them.

Felt bad for Luongo in the end.

Heard that Edler played with 2 broken fingers suffered in game 6 - any other injuries come out yet?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
One thing I keep reading on Facebook, mostly comments from people whom I suspect have never played a sport at any competitive level: The Nucks had "No Heart".

I am sick of hearing people say “No Heart”. They went 7 games in the final round! How can you say they have no heart? Guys playing w/ bad injuries, totally depleted. To these people I say, go play a sport at a highly competitive level, then try and understand what it is like to push your body and mind to the extreme, then come back and tell me they played w/ no heart. They were beaten by a better, stronger team in the end, full stop…but no heart? Give me a break.

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congratulations to the Bruins on winning the cup, you simply outplayed us over the course of 7 games.

Also, thank you to the Canucks who took us on a ride I won't soon forget. I am not throwing my team under the bus just because we lost. Let's re-tool, heal and go get 'em next year!

RL RCD

May 31, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
To sum it up:

1. At the end Canucks just did not have enough gas left in the tank for game 7. During the play offs Canucks travelled over 50,000 km compared to Bruins’ 30,000 km. That is a huge difference and wears people down.
  2. Refereeing was brutal, especially in Boston. To let intimidation to prevail is embarrassment for NHL but do Batman and Campbell care? I do not think so. Even during the game 7 the refs did not call obvious slashing when Kessler was slashed. I really wonder if the refs would miss the same call if one of the Canucks slashed one of the Bruins. Imagine if they called that slashing and Canucks scored a goal!? Yes, that would be completely different game. The first goal meant everything in this series for some strange reason.
  3. Canucks had too many injured and/or missing players for the finals. No Samuelson, no Hamhuis, no Raymond, no Rome, it looks that Edler played with two broken fingers, Kessler was hurting since the series with San Jose.
  4. Thomas was outstanding, Luongo was awful in games 3, 4, 6 and really did not do anything in game 7. He was brutally exposed with all his weaknesses.
  5. Gillis has assembled a good team but he obviously made one big mistake when he signed that monster deal with Luongo. Twelve years, $64 million!!! Did not make sense to me when it was signed, absolutely does not make sense today. During the Stanley Cup finals you could see that the players simply do not believe in Luongo once he lets in the first soft goal. They obviously know him so well and they know that he is very fragile after that. Vigneault had a good back up goalie on the bench and did not use and trust him enough. To close this goalie comment let me just say this: If Canucks had Thomas it would be a sweep. Simple as that.
  6. Sedins are great players and guys but unfortunately they are not built for the play-offs against the teams that play hard, that intimidate, that hurt. That is unfortunate and Sedins have to understand something. If they want to succeed they will have to fight for themselves. That is unfortunate part of hockey, which I personally do not like, but that is how it is. Yes, if the refereeing was good I would not have to say this about Sedins but they should have realized after game 4 where the refereeing was going and they should have adjusted. They did not.
  7. Alain Vigneault, for me, was always a weak spot in Canucks organization. Too bad Joel Quenneville is not available.
  8. Too bad we are not happy with the 2nd place. That is still a huge success.
  9. To those "fans" that rioted just one word: Morons!

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0