Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Nucks vs Boston - 2011 Stanley Cup Final

Stanley Cup 2011 Final - who'll win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Here we go!!!

Everyone is calling for a Canucks sweep - can it be that easy? Personally, I'm not so sure as I think it depends on which Tim Thomas shows up.

That being said, I'll take the Nucks in 5 - would love to see the Cup hoisted @ Rogers Arena!

Anyone have plans to taking the games in at a pub?

Regs.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Canucks in 5, only because i wanna see the cup won at home rather than on the road.
And i think Canucks always have 1 game where they seem a bit lost

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Canucks in 6

Game 1 Boston 3 Vancouver 2 (OT)

Game 2 Vancouver 3 Boston 1

Game 3 Vancouver 4 Boston 3 (OT)

Game 4 Boston 3 Vancouver 0

Game 5 Vancouver 5 Boston 2

Game 6 Vancouver 2 Boston 1 (OT)

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
  • Admin
Looks like Manny is going to slot into the line-up... quite the story!

Where is everyone watching the game tomorrow? Got a pub lined up, hitting the street/outdoor venues or taking it in @ home?

Go Canucks Go!!!

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Side note... the Canucks flasher was trying to keep a low profile this weekend while taking in the Ladner May Days Parade and Fair.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Can't wait for this series to start, 8 days off is too long. Luckily it has allowed us to heal. As for Manny, he was the only Canuck that didn't skate at the start of practice, did he come out later? Would LOVE to see him in the lineup. Like I've said for every series, Canucks in 5. Bruins can't match our speed, or our toughness. Lucic is their leading hitter with 43 hits. We have 5 guys with more than that. Their D are in for a pounding!

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Anyone know what Cheery meant when he said that was the worst game ever in the Stanley Cup Finals?

:rolleyes:

Should Burrows be suspended?

Was the play as "even" as some are saying in the media? I thought the Canucks outplayed Boston completely... I know Luongo made a couple of big saves in the first but it certainly didn't "feel" like Boston registered 17 shots.

1 down, 3 to go...

Go Canicks Go!

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cherry is an idiot, he's just there for cheap laughs/entertainment.

Once I stopped taking him seriously I actually enjoy watching him.

Burrows should be suspended, if they can come up with significant proof he bit him....otherwise no. (whether he did or didn't is inconsequential)

The Nucks pissed all over the bruins for large stretches, and although the Nucks were outshot, the B's were massively outchanced.

Tim Thomas is a wicked Tendy... wow...

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Being at the game last night was crazzzy (had to throw it in there) I personally thought that we outplayed and outchanced boston in every category. The only reason they had their main scoring chances was the 4 minute power play. Thomas with the dive took us off the 5-3 and I bet we would have scored on it. One thing I thought is that the sedins need to stop doing back passes and blind passes, when it works its great but we gave away alot of opportunities in the boston end by doing it. I didn't see any real threat from boston last night apart from Thomas playing well. If we can play like that and stay out of the box, I can see us taking it home. I just hope our heart and skill carry us through. GO CANCUKS GO. also loved seeing lucic get smashed AWESOME!

fat monkey

Oct 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cherry said that was the worst game in the history of the Stanley Cup Finals because he wants the Bruins to win (which he said before the game last night - what an idiot:confused:) and his B's were outplayed for the majority of the game.

Thomas was unreal and kept it close. Having said that, Luongo doesn't get enough credit in this town. The guy is as close to perfect technically as it gets. He stopped something like 35 shots and personally, I can remember like...3 saves. Why? Because he puts himself in fantastic position every time so that the puck simply hits him. He doesn't have to dive all around the crease and play the contortionist like Thomas because he doesn't need to. Look at his save percentage in the last 12 games or so. It's over .950. That doesn't happen by accident.

Burrows should be suspended. That was a very stupid move.:mad:

The Canucks weren't sharp in their passes like they usually are. I'm guessing that's because of the extended layoff. Even so, they were still the better team last night. They will only get better and unless Thomas can steal games, this series will be over in 4.:bronco:

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dreger, Russo, McKenzie, Botchford et al reporting that Burrows did have a a call with Mike Murphy this morning and since Murphy could find no damning evidence he did indeed bite Bergeron that Burrows will not be facing supplemental discipline.

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Being at the game last night was crazzzy (had to throw it in there)

I ended up going last night as well... I was planning on selling our company tix if I got my asking price. Didn't happen, so I took a client.

I have to argue about the atmosphere in Rogers Arena. It is pathetic. I was at game 5 in chicago last year when the canucks beat the hawks 4-1. The crowd was louder and more energetic there when their team was getting spanked. And I believe it is because of ticket prices. In Chicago, I was surrounded by families and die hards... mostly blue collar... that loved and knew the game. Everyone around me at Rogers Arena are quiet office-types... and executives that are there because they are being entertained by clients (I was part of the problem in this case).

Canuck fans only cheer when the going is good. Quite disappointing, really.

Put the $1000 a seat (average price) towards a kick ass TV and watch the game with your friends. Or head to a local bar.

I have had much more fun watching Canucks games in other stadiums... paying a quarter the price to get in.

Rant over.

Go Canucks Go!

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I do agree with you and it can be a "corporate crowd" I won our company tickets and was sitting center ice in the balcony, and up there it was good, more of the "blue collar people". the atmosphere was loud only when we disagree'd on a penalty or obviously when we scored it went ballistic. The start of the game was awesome too. Outside the atmosphere was great, but I find that your'e right the pubs and friends houses are there because they want to be and not for a corporate purpose. I will however say that last night was louder than any game I went to before, and that I am glad I had the opportunity to take in a stanley cup final game, with the canucks and the game itself was great. I had a great time, but we do need to be loud regardless of score.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0