Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Nucks vs Boston - 2011 Stanley Cup Final

Stanley Cup 2011 Final - who'll win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
NKOTB, Peverly is a cheap Cnut. Boston asked that the Burrows play be reviewed. Vancouver did not ask for a blatantly obvious cheap slash to be reviewed. Guess Gillis is just tough.

Just leave on the ice where it belongs

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Some interesting comments from the Boston media, including (shockingly) some almost-insightful ones.

First goal will be critical tonight. If the Bruins can get it, they will get the crowd on their side and possibly generate enough momentum to steal a game back. If the Canucks get it, this could be a short series.

Stallion: all the replays I've seen of Chara hitting Pacioretty have been inconclusive, Habs' fans ire to the contrary notwithstanding. The "broken neck" turned out to be a cracked vertebra; if it had been broken he would not have come back let alone been skating. BTW, Colin Campbell has resigned his league position (albeit substantially later than he should have if he wanted to get out of his conflict of interest situation).

ps - don't feed the troll...

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
The "speed" issue is the one thing that makes me think we might be able to get back in the series... Vancouver figures they've been taking over, that their gameplan has been yielding results... The reality is that the Bruins have been beating themselves with costly turnovers...

At the start of the series I figured that if the Bruins could play as they did in game 7 vs. Tampa, they were better than anything the Canucks could throw at them. That's still a fact. The problem is that the game 7 team shows up intermittently at best. Anything less than the game 7 team and the Canucks wax us...

So, while I do think we get back in the series, I have to concede that the odds of them playing 4 flawless games out of 5 are... well... about as good as Hassli getting through the year without another red...

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
all of this biting and other nonsense is hilarious, and is being spearheded by Mike Milbury.

He called it a disgrace that Burrows wasn't suspended, yet forgets that Marc Savard wasn't suspended when he bit another player. He brings up that Burrows should have been suspended, and scored the first and GWG in game #2, but forgets that Horton should have been suspended for spraying water then tossing the bottle on a Bolts fan in game six and scored the only goal in Game 7 to get the B's here to the finals...

This all coming from a guy that went into the stands and beat a fan with the fans shoe...

I can understand the hate for the Canucks, just like I hate Manchester United... success breeds envy and hatred. How many players over the years have we grown to hate? how many times have you said I hate that guy, but would love him on my team? Loads of times, you can't honestly tell me that Bruins fans wouldn't want Alex Burrows or Max Lapierre on their team the way they're playing these days. The only guy that seems engaged in the games so far for the B's that is capable of having that sh1t-distruber role is Brad Marchand, and he's been a bit of a non-issue tbh.

What I don't understand is the negativity and excuse-making being done on behalf of the B's by so called "experts" "pundits" and "journalists". Scott Burnside, Mike Milbury, Jeremy Roenick, etc can all eat a dick, while Burrows and Lappy sip champagne outta the mug!

@ trece: Steve Moore also suffered 3 cracked vertebra...but everyone called it a broken neck then too... just sayin... ;)

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
The "speed" issue is the one thing that makes me think we might be able to get back in the series... Vancouver figures they've been taking over, that their gameplan has been yielding results... The reality is that the Bruins have been beating themselves with costly turnovers...
with all due respect: You're high on drugs if you think the B's have the speed to match the Canucks.
At the start of the series I figured that if the Bruins could play as they did in game 7 vs. Tampa, they were better than anything the Canucks could throw at them.
Oh really?!?! That's why Bob McKenzie had wrote and tweeted about how 2 NHL coaches told him off the record that the B's are no match for the Nucks and that the Sharks are the second best team in the NHL?
That's still a fact.
Have you been taking lessons on reading the dictionary and english from Mr. Base? I think you should re-read what the definition of fact is, the fact is that the Bruins got pretty lucky in that the referees put their whistles away in Game 7 of the TB/B's series and the TBL PP never got a chance to be a difference maker, and the B's scored 1 goal to beat the Bolts.
...The problem is that the game 7 team shows up intermittently at best. Anything less than the game 7 team and the Canucks wax us..
again, I think you need to rewind your PVR and watch that game again and then tell me how that in that game only, how the B's slow as mollases defense grew the ability, for a limited time engagement, to skate with a team like the Canucks.... just saying (opinion is mine, it's not stated as fact ;) )

So, while I do think we get back in the series, I have to concede that the odds of them playing 4 flawless games out of 5 are... well... about as good as Hassli getting through the year without another red...
I'll disagree that you get back in the series, it's possible, but unlikely...but I'll agree that Hassli will pick up more reds.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
The reality is that the Bruins have been beating themselves with costly turnovers...

The one very important problem with that statement, is that while yes, they are being punished for costly turnovers, you have to look at why those turnovers happen. Vancouver's speed is killing them. As a D, if you've played 100 games this year and had 1 second to make a decision on what to do with the puck, and now all of a sudden you're forced to make those same decisions in .5 seconds, what do you think it going to happen? The Canucks are pushing the pace to a level that the Bruins can't match, and the turnovers are going to continue to happen.

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
since we're on the subject of facts, Savard sat a game for his biting efforts. swing and a miss.

i would honestly puke if we signed burrows or lapierre. julien said it best in his presser today - that type of behaviour might be acceptable on that team, but it isnt on ours.

say what you want about brad marchand... patrice bergeron is as honest and straight up as they come. he's had to fight back from a career threatening concussion... and another... and another... and is one of the most respected players in the league.. for burrows and lapierre to treat him of all players like they did is simply not on...

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
The one very important problem with that statement, is that while yes, they are being punished for costly turnovers, you have to look at why those turnovers happen. Vancouver's speed is killing them. As a D, if you've played 100 games this year and had 1 second to make a decision on what to do with the puck, and now all of a sudden you're forced to make those same decisions in .5 seconds, what do you think it going to happen? The Canucks are pushing the pace to a level that the Bruins can't match, and the turnovers are going to continue to happen.

agreed completely. that said, they juts finished a series against tampa and their sit back, 1-3-1 formation. Vancouver represents the extreme opposite end of the spectrum. The question is, can the Bruins adjust enough to make it a series and even win it? Unlikely - sure. But they didnt get through Montreal and Tampa - two teams will high end speed as well - by accident. Both of those teams beat Vancouver this year, as did Boston... Both games have been tight, and with the exception of 30 seconds of peewee hockey from my boys, were dead even... Lots of hockey left yet...

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sure why not Berg.

I forgot about Andrew Ference fingering the Montreal fans...

we'll wait for nkotb's response and the Nucks game 3 win will be our nightcap before bed time.

lmao.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
agreed completely. that said, they juts finished a series against tampa and their sit back, 1-3-1 formation. Vancouver represents the extreme opposite end of the spectrum. The question is, can the Bruins adjust enough to make it a series and even win it? Unlikely - sure. But they didnt get through Montreal and Tampa - two teams will high end speed as well - by accident. Both of those teams beat Vancouver this year, as did Boston... Both games have been tight, and with the exception of 30 seconds of peewee hockey from my boys, were dead even... Lots of hockey left yet...

Games have been tight in score only. If not for Thomas game one was a blowout. If not for Thomas game two is a blowout. I'm going to say game 3 will probably be the same. Boston has had sustained pressure for times, but in total has been the better team for what, 10 minutes maybe? Tampa and Montreal don't have the high end speed that we have, and to be honest, your Bruins do have some really good speed on your botomm two lines. The problem is, other than being fast, they don't have much else. Peverley and Seguin do, but when they are playing with 2 guys that can skate and do nothing else it doesn't matter. Burrows with an early goal tonight to keep the Conn Smythe talk going, and Thomas finally self destructs and game 3 ends in a rout.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
quite a cheap shot there..........nothing to see here.......should have had at least two more minors called during the 5 minute major......seems the refs are favoring the Canucks at the moment. No conspiracy?

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
fcuk that!!! I haven't ever seen a 5 minute major for 'interference' dia-fcuking-bolical call...should have been 2 minutes for interference if anything.
1. Not from the blind side
2. Horton's admiring his pass
3. Its shoulder all the way, no chicken wing, no leaving his feet,

now,

I said earlier today that the B's have nobody to hate...they do now.

Mark Recchi, Brad Marchand, and Shawn Thorton are fcuking jokes....they're under my skin...therefore they're effective.

Captain, I have no idea what game you're watching with comments like the one above.

Ehrhoff and Edler are playing like Ference and Boychuk and Boychuk and Ference are playing like Ehrhoff and Edler.

wash your hands of this one and move on to game 4 with Tanev and Ballard in for Alberts and Rome (who will be suspended...mark my words)

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
No doubt. Hit was late but clean. Keep your head up. Did we switch jerseys? I guess Those greedy Canucks fans are getting that loss they wanted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dancin Bear

Oct 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
fcuk that!!! I haven't ever seen a 5 minute major for 'interference' dia-fcuking-bolical call...should have been 2 minutes for interference if anything.
1. Not from the blind side
2. Horton's admiring his pass
3. Its shoulder all the way, no chicken wing, no leaving his feet,

now,

I said earlier today that the B's have nobody to hate...they do now.

Mark Recchi, Brad Marchand, and Shawn Thorton are fcuking jokes....they're under my skin...therefore they're effective.

Captain, I have no idea what game you're watching with comments like the one above.

Ehrhoff and Edler are playing like Ference and Boychuk and Boychuk and Ference are playing like Ehrhoff and Edler.

wash your hands of this one and move on to game 4 with Tanev and Ballard in for Alberts and Rome (who will be suspended...mark my words)

Cue the excuses; Luongo is overpaid, Edler is drunk, Kesler is crap....yada, yada, yada.

I know bugger all but I do know that all the high stepping that was getting done would come back and bite Vancouver fans. Vancouver is getting bent over in every department at the moment. Lastly, JBN, how does a real fan 'wash his hands of this one' when there's 20 minutes to play? Just curious.....

The Phantom

Oct 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money

‎Rule56.5 Game Misconduct Penalty – When a major penalty is imposed under this rule(interference) for a foul resulting in an injury of an opponent, a game misconduct shall be imposed.

It looks like the refs actually called this one by the books though. JBN, the hit was shoulder to the head, so with the headshot rule now in effect, it had to be called

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
wow.... Canuck speed KILLED us tonight... damn did they rout us... great call stallion...

as for the Rome hit, it was hugely late for the speed of that game, it was blindside, and he left his feet... no way should Horton be expecting a hit from the blindside that late after he makes the pass... he was in the process of motoring into the offensive zone when he was popped...

as filthy as it was, I dont want him suspended. One, he's trash. Two, he will keep the Bruins angry. Angry is why they destroyed the Canucks tonight... A nasty streetfight is advantage us...

and as for hating players, Burrows, Kesler, Lapierre, both Sedins, Bieksa, Rome... hell 90% of the team are as spineless and gutless as hockey players come... The only truly respectable one of the bunch is Manny Malholtra... I'm glad its in their DNA - its giving us the motivation to get back in this series...

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
wow.... Canuck speed KILLED us tonight... damn did they rout us... great call stallion...

as for the Rome hit, it was hugely late for the speed of that game, it was blindside, and he left his feet... no way should Horton be expecting a hit from the blindside that late after he makes the pass... he was in the process of motoring into the offensive zone when he was popped...

as filthy as it was, I dont want him suspended. One, he's trash. Two, he will keep the Bruins angry. Angry is why they destroyed the Canucks tonight... A nasty streetfight is advantage us...

and as for hating players, Burrows, Kesler, Lapierre, both Sedins, Bieksa, Rome... hell 90% of the team are as spineless and gutless as hockey players come... The only truly respectable one of the bunch is Manny Malholtra... I'm glad its in their DNA - its giving us the motivation to get back in this series...

Only comment is how can it be blind side when two guys are going North-South. Well because Horton is craning his neck admiring a pass. Hit was late and he may have left his feet a bit but Horton needs to take some ownership for keeping his head up. That is not a blindside hit, can't be when two guys are skating straight at each other, one guy made a mistake and paid for it. Big win for Boston but most likely lost a top player for the series.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0