Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Nucks vs Boston - 2011 Stanley Cup Final

Stanley Cup 2011 Final - who'll win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
I ended up going last night as well... I was planning on selling our company tix if I got my asking price. Didn't happen, so I took a client.

I have to argue about the atmosphere in Rogers Arena. It is pathetic. I was at game 5 in chicago last year when the canucks beat the hawks 4-1. The crowd was louder and more energetic there when their team was getting spanked. And I believe it is because of ticket prices. In Chicago, I was surrounded by families and die hards... mostly blue collar... that loved and knew the game. Everyone around me at Rogers Arena are quiet office-types... and executives that are there because they are being entertained by clients (I was part of the problem in this case).

Canuck fans only cheer when the going is good. Quite disappointing, really.

Put the $1000 a seat (average price) towards a kick ass TV and watch the game with your friends. Or head to a local bar.

I have had much more fun watching Canucks games in other stadiums... paying a quarter the price to get in.

Rant over.

Go Canucks Go!

MC 6"5"...Spot on. My friends and I debated this not two weeks ago. FOR THE MOST PART, the types who can afford to buy the tickets are mostly stoic boardroomers and their ilk who wear their $456.33, poorly fitted authentic jerseys overtop of their baggy sack-cloth shirt and tie combos. They do it missionary once a month and last 2 minutes 37 seconds , immediately roll over, and expire without so much as a kiss goodnight. Their shriveled little mince balls are what prevent them from cheering...Nevermind their female counterparts who are as rabid a fan as Ben Stein is emotive when reading the roll call for FBDO. There is a dearth of die hard fans because most are simply unable to afford the exorbitant sums required to "be a real fan". But...this is the business we've chosen said Hyman Roth to Michael Corleone...and make no mistake, it IS a business.

Thank god for the Whitechaps :wa:

Rant 2 over...So much fun following these Canucks!!!

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
sixfyv:

Sad but true...

But fcuk it; the right team won. Stir your jaded little hearts if you can and remember that, and this: 3 to go. There is a picture I need to take to share with you; blasé, malaise-ridden and all.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Glad Burrows wasn't suspended for his bite. Bergeron did it to himself, what do you expect when you stick your fingers in a guys mouth? Him to gladly oblige and let you continue into his throat? Would be different if Burrows grabbed his hand, but he didn't, so no suspension.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Best piss taking in a Stanley Cup final:

Last edited:

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Max is by far the best agitator we have ever had on the team...I am a huge fan of Gillis' work at the deadline (Higgy and Max).

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
That was a despicably cowardly move to show up one of the league's most honourable players in Patrice Bergeron... Gillis has gathered a group of players together that would make Jimmy Johnson's Cowboys blush... every dog has his day... one way or another these things will be dealt with...

robj

Lifetime Better Bastard
Nov 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
This is a French tradition know? Finger biting, hair pulling, scratching. I mean thats why the Habs are such pussies :)!

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
That was a despicably cowardly move to show up one of the league's most honourable players in Patrice Bergeron... Gillis has gathered a group of players together that would make Jimmy Johnson's Cowboys blush... every dog has his day... one way or another these things will be dealt with...

What's with all the vagina's lately? How is it cowardly? Bergeron is the coward, he didn't even attempt to bite them, clearly he was scared of Lappy's fingers. Who knows where they've been. If these "things" as you say get dealt with, you better tell Peverley to keep his head up.

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
What's with all the vagina's lately? How is it cowardly? Bergeron is the coward, he didn't even attempt to bite them, clearly he was scared of Lappy's fingers. Who knows where they've been. If these "things" as you say get dealt with, you better tell Peverley to keep his head up.

Methinks I smill urine on mtkb's breath Stall...aka he's been taking the piss...in the mouth...golden shower style. :wa:

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Or he's a typical Bruins fan. Whining about Burrows not being suspended and then scoring 2 with a helper. Goes both ways, Horton shouldn't even have been playing in Game 7 from throwing a water bottle at a fan, and then he scores the winner. Imagine how Tampa felt but you didn't hear them whine about it.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Imagine how Tampa felt but you didn't hear them whine about it.
...or they did but we just never heard about it here at the other end of the continent.

mtkb: it's one thing to represent your favourite team. It's another thing to be an idiot. Try to let a little objectivity shine into your life...

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
...or they did but we just never heard about it here at the other end of the continent.

Yeah, I actually thought about that after I posted it. I'd be more pissed as a Tampa fan, as all fan interaction like that has resulted in at least a 1 game suspension. Biting apparently has no precedence :)

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
I love Canuck fans piling on Bergeron... and then defending Burrows and Lapierre... and then telling Bruins fans to mix in some objectivity... the hypocrisy is mind blowing...

If you're going to compare squirting a fan with water, in Tampa, in late-May, with pulling on hair and biting a finger, go right ahead. I find the comparison a bit off...

Bergeron and Burrows were giving each other facewashes. Bergeron had no intention of putting his finger in Burrows' mouth, and said as much. Burrows, on the other hand, moved his head so he could bite Bergeron's finger... Maybe Burrows' instinct is to open his mouth when he's that close to another man, but Bergeron doesn't play him enough to know that. Bottom line, Bergeron's body of work is gentlemanly through and through, while Burrows' body of work has rat written all over it from day one.

As for Peverley, funny how Bieksa didnt miss a shift. I guess he's just tough.

Burrows will get booed whenever he gets near the puck. I doubt he'll notice. The Green Men, on the other hand, may well be in danger. I've met them, and they strike me as decent guys trying to have fun, but I doubt any southies attending the game will have the same impression...

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bergeron and Lappy are mates numbnuts, hardly in the realm of cowardly as you put it :rolleyes:

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Again, and I've seen the video, I highly doubt Bergeron was trying to put his fingers in Burrows mouth. But he did. I would have bit too, hockey gloves are pretty gross at the best of times so whatever gets them out. Bruins and their fans have to get off their high horse. You do realize Chara is still playing after cheapshotting Pacioretty and breaking his neck? Must have been nice to have Colin Campbell's son on your team all year.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Who cares about all this stuff?! The Nucks are up 2-0 and are going to win tonight... Boston just cannot skate with the Canucks and all things being equal, if the Nucks play to their strengths the B's can't compete, they just don't have the ability, if they have to resort to waterskiing behind the forwards skating past their D men who turn slower than milk then they should be in the box all night and we all know how that goes for Boston when it's a game of PP's...

Nobody will remember Burrows pulling hair or biting fingers if the Nucks win the cup, or at least that won't be the first thing that Pops to mind. What pops to mind about '94 for Nucks fans? Messier lifting the cup, Graves scoring a huge goal... Not Ronning getting his hand broken from a behind the play slash, or Linden having his ribs smashed in the dying seconds of Game 6 by Messier when he was already down and out.

Guys do what they need to do to win. Perhaps Boston would be well served to amp up their hatred and such. "Class" is overrated, if it means having a perceived Lack of it means you lift Stanley.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0