Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Nucks vs Boston - 2011 Stanley Cup Final

Stanley Cup 2011 Final - who'll win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Can someone explain 'blind side' please? Rome's coming straight on and Horton's watching his pass. It's late for sure but what's the definition of blind side?

The experts were talking about Horton wanting to get up and was being held back. He wasn't trying to get up...he just WOKE up and was wondering what the fcuk was going on.

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think its blindside because Horton releases the puck, starts his skate, and veers towards the center of the ice as he enters the zone... Rome is coming from the left, hits him more sideways than straight on... Horton has his head up but he hasnt checked to his right... thats when Rome blows him up... I just dont see how a player can be expected to see that hit coming from that spot that late... thats what makes it blindside to me...

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Late hit. Shoulder not an elbow. To the head.

But come on, Horton needs to be responsible for himself out there. He watched his pass FOREVER! He doesn't do that and at least he's not vulnerable. It also isn't blind side if he doesn't admire his pass.

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Late hit. Shoulder not an elbow. To the head.

But come on, Horton needs to be responsible for himself out there. He watched his pass FOREVER! He doesn't do that and at least he's not vulnerable. It also isn't blind side if he doesn't admire his pass.

is he supposed to watch the play, or look out for the guy coming from behind him three strides after he releases the puck?

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
fcuk that!!! I haven't ever seen a 5 minute major for 'interference' dia-fcuking-bolical call...should have been 2 minutes for interference if anything.
1. Not from the blind side
2. Horton's admiring his pass
3. Its shoulder all the way, no chicken wing, no leaving his feet,

now,

I said earlier today that the B's have nobody to hate...they do now.

Mark Recchi, Brad Marchand, and Shawn Thorton are fcuking jokes....they're under my skin...therefore they're effective.

Captain, I have no idea what game you're watching with comments like the one above.

Ehrhoff and Edler are playing like Ference and Boychuk and Boychuk and Ference are playing like Ehrhoff and Edler.

wash your hands of this one and move on to game 4 with Tanev and Ballard in for Alberts and Rome (who will be suspended...mark my words)

FFS, man........It was a ****ing HEAD SHOT. The league is trying to get rid of these CHEAP HEAD SHOTS. Shoulder to head in ANY sport is a ****ing penalty or foul.

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain he'll probably say I used to play hockey and blah blah blah...don't bother. I don't get the whole head down thing. He passes the puck a couple of feet past centre and gets drilled at the blue line, that's 20 feet plus forward. He took 3 freaking strides. Had it been right as he passed it fine but come on even as a huge fan these plays need to go. Aaron Rome of all people should know about hits to the head, or have the hits to his head done more damage than we think? Horton is slightly taller and both are skating upright so how does he get him in the head? Unnecessary and put us in a hole down a dman. JBN do you admire guys like Stevens (king of the cheapshot) and Phaneuf as well? Have you ever been concussed?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I actually like what JBN has to write about the game most of the time. Cliff Claven knows his hockey. That being said, you're wearing blue and green colored glasses w/ that last comment, Cliff. All you have to do is count out the seconds in real time...could Rome have changed his direction or altered his path? Yes, he was later than Canada Post on that play, and yes, the shoulder did make contact w/ the head.

These are the plays we need to get out of the game.

All that said, after the 2nd period, it was simply a classic unravelling. Luongo's split personality made an appearance. The 'Nucks were the better team through the first, and the Bruins benefitted from two lucky bounces that became goals. It happens. As Cliff says, wash your hands of this one and move on to game 4 with Tanev and Ballard in for Alberts and Rome.

Deutschland

Jan 15, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
i would honestly puke if we signed burrows or lapierre. julien said it best in his presser today - that type of behaviour might be acceptable on that team, but it isnt on ours.

Glad to see Recchi and Lushits listened to their coach. Can we now please end finger gate.

fat monkey

Oct 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Now we know that we shouldn't get Boston mad. They will kick our collective asses.

Thanks for this Rome.

Was Ehrhoff bad enough? Jesus. On Marchand's shorty, he coughed up the puck, what, like 6 times on that shift?

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
is he supposed to watch the play, or look out for the guy coming from behind him three strides after he releases the puck?
coming from behind him? how fast is rome, that he can come from behind him and then turn around and hit him head on? I didn't know the flash was on the canucks. Im not condoning the hit, It was late and stupid, but get your facts straight.

Konk

Mar 25, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
coming from behind him? how fast is rome, that he can come from behind him and then turn around and hit him head on? I didn't know the flash was on the canucks. Im not condoning the hit, It was late and stupid, but get your facts straight.

I agree. It was a head-on hit, not a blindside. If he gets suspended it will be because it was late. You gotta keep your head up though!

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Like Bob Mackenzie said (he always seems to be impartial), it was a clean hit because it was north/south, the problem was it was 1 second late and the NHL definition of a late his is anything over .5 seconds. Probably a one gamer, maybe 2, but I would say deserved. As for the game, after the first a collective no show by everyone. Even when our D had lots of time, which they continually did they just gave it away. I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt, that playing with only 5 D and rotating partners that it was bound to have an effect later on in the game, just didn't think it would be that big of one. Very curious to see what team comes out tomorrow night.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
FFS, man........It was a ****ing HEAD SHOT. The league is trying to get rid of these CHEAP HEAD SHOTS. Shoulder to head in ANY sport is a ****ing penalty or foul.

Actually if you read the rule...shoulder to the head isnt a "penalty or foul" in a north south hit....just sayin

They even discussed this in full this morning.

If Rome wasnt late this hit still would have ended the same and he would be playing tomorrow

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think what bothers me most about the suspension is the fact that Murphy even said punishment was because hit was late, not blind side. He called it a hockey play gone bad. Hockey play gone bad is 4 games of the SCF?
Like Cascade said, breaking a guys neck is also a hockey play gone bad but got off scot free. NHL makes no sense. On a positive, this allows Ballard/Tanev to slot into the lineup, and I'd assume Alberts will come out as Ballard/Tanev play well together as a unit.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0