Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Nucks vs Boston - 2011 Stanley Cup Final

Stanley Cup 2011 Final - who'll win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
If he does post a shutout did we win dispite him. I think a lot of us would love to get out of that contract but a 5 million a year cap hit is not that bad when you look at some of the cap hits teams have for goalies that will never get this far. Yes he cost us game six but he gave us a chance to win it for us in game seven. If Hendrik scores that opening goal I think we are having a different conversation.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
To me, there haven't been a lot of "Standout" performances in this final, except:

~The 'Nucks overall team performance at home.
~Tim Thomas in every game.

In contrast, the Bruis have been terrible on the road, which has helped the 'Nucks in a big way. Thomas has given his squad a chance to win in every game. That's all I want, is a chance to win. Can you say Luongo did that for the 'Nucks in any road game this series? Sorry, but when you need him most to this point, he's let us down. Huge sign of mental weakness. He has one more chance to redeem himself.

Luongo has been so poor in those road games, when in two the 'Nucks were dominant after the 1st periods. The way I see it, the team bailed him out. He needs to come up w/ the game of his life...

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Full credit to Thomas he is the con smyth winner hands down regardless of who wins the cup but wasn't the Boston media and fans questiong him after game two. Thomas is just a capable of having bad games as Luongo and they were lucky to get past Tampa last round. He has found his stride right now and is getting some good bounces and some puck luck. It's game seven for f*** sakes enjoy.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
If your such a hockey guru...tells us were the first and second line has gone or maybe how we went from the best defensive team to the worst or how are powerplay was top of the league and now its stinks or maybe how Raffi torres has more points then ryan kessler since the start of the san jose series

Yeah luongo is the problem:rolleyes:

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
STD...this isn't a mtter of bandwagon jumping here, it's a matter of me not having faith in our goalie, who has a track record of folding when the chips are down, and mental lapses at bad times. I truly believe the team has won dispite him this season and in these playoffs.

I will try to enjoy game 7, but truth is I'll be a nervous wreck.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Were in game 7 of the stanley cup finals and everyone still thinks luongo is crap....wow

Gold medal win
Vezena finalist
and stanley cup final

It makes me laugh to listen to some of you guys

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Does the truth hurt.....I also cheer for the Leafs, this is for home town pride and the cup.

Maybe you should put the blue and green glasses on and stop jumping off the wagon when they lose yet hopping right back on when they win

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm not on and off, been calling for Luongo to be traded for a while, as I think it'll improve the team long term.

Id LOVE to eat my words on Thursday morning. Nothing would make me happier.

Well, some things, but I'm not Charlie Sheen, and I don't have his budget.

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Beating a dead horse on the Luongo issue here some people just can't see the fact that all goalies from Roy, Brodeur and even that god Thomas have bad games.

Couple of things frustrated me more than fickle fans last night.
First I don't recall Greztky getting fed rabbit punches the way Daniel was last night.
Second did anyone notice that most of the TV guys except for the Sportsnet west guys seem happy when we loose. Listen to most of them and we aren't even good enough to be in the same league as Boston.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Frustrating me more than anything last night was the officiating. First time I've actually believed there is an Eastern biased w/ regards to officiating. You could make a very strong argument they had a hand in the result.

robj

Lifetime Better Bastard
Nov 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Frustrating me more than anything last night was the officiating. First time I've actually believed there is an Eastern biased w/ regards to officiating. You could make a very strong argument they had a hand in the result.

Fukc you make another excuse for Luongo letting in goals or the Sedin Bitches not standing up for themselves. I have to admit all you Nucks fans are full of excuses. They have one last chance they are playing home they are better on paper. If the Nucks lose it's because of themselves. Good teams overcome bad calls. Good teams find a way to win. Good teams win.

Yes dude I fully expect ninjas at my door this evening :)!

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
the Sedin Bitches not standing up for themselves
I don't know about that - I kinda liked it when Henrik purposely stepped on the Bruins back in one of the goal-mouth scrums last night. I'm surprised nobody picked up on it and have been discussing it :)

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
My one question is, where was the canucks team, when thorton shot the puck at lou during warm ups? no did a thing. BRUTAL! stick up for your goalie, fire one at thomas. Sedins taking jabs like its going out of style nothing, I don't care if you're the best one two punch in the league, throw a fcuking one two punch and defend yourself. its game 7 tomorrow and take billy madisons advice, "YOU GET YOUR ASS OUT THERE AND FIND THAT FCUKING DOG!!!"

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I am not sure I want to see the sedin's fighting even if it was just Marchant (the bloddy weasle). What if Daniel fights him and breaks his hand while getting his ass kicked. It would be embarrasing and demoralizing. Someone else should have sent the message.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0