Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[NHL Playoffs 2009] Canucks vs Hawks

Who will win the series?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Some people hate it when they are right.

I'm not one of them.

Regs in Bookie Event Thread said:
What 'Nucks bunch will we see tonight?

The one that has blown 2, 2, 3 goal leads in their last 3 games or the one that smoked the Hawks 4-0 the last time they squared off in Chi-town?

If they get out of the first period even, I think they may have the opportunity to put a huge stamp on this series.

Canucks 3-1.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I love it when you're right too. The Nuck's have shaken the rust off from the long layoff, and will still take the series in 5. They proved last night that if you hit the Hawks D, they will continue to cough the puck up. Thing of beauty that was.

Dial 9-1-1

Jul 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Who's the idiot who chose the Hawks to win this series? Who predicted we couldn't match up with them physically or that we had no answer for Byfugluen? When do I get my guest slot with the Kurtenbloggers?

The Hawks have been the better team, but this series should be over in favour of the Canucks.

If only...
-The Canucks could score on their prime chances to put the game away (the Wellwood post and Kesler/Mitchell 2 on1 come to mind tonight)

-The Canucks did not take stupid penalties like shooting the puck over the glass or the two bonehead ones Bieksa took tonight

-The Canucks could clear the zone when they had to? Mitchell last game and then Kesler and Johnson tonight.

More food for thought...Mitchell has a brutal shot that never gets through from the point anyhow. Why does he use those piece of shite composite sticks that always break on him? He needs a stick that will withstand a slash or a shot.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nice, glad to see the Cappy on here helping the Nucks Nation on. He was the one that turned it all around when the Nucks were down 3-1 to the Blues 5 years ago. Thanks again Cappy, the Nucks in 7, they havn't lost 3 in a row since Jan., so they win on Monday and come home for game 7, yes they will win that too.
Keep up the good work, blue eyes.

hos

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not yet

The Nucks are unlikely to lose 3 in a row, yet the Nucks are also not looking likely to beat the hawks twice in a row.

I think they have "Run out of real estate" so to speak. As much as it pains me to say it, I say tonight the Nucks win 3-1 and lose game 7 by more than a few goals, barring something miraculous.

AV has been outcoached
Lu hasn't stolen a game yet
Burrows and Kesler are off their game by trying to drive the Hawks off theirs
Daniel is again invisible in the crunch while Henrick is playing really well.
Sundin refuses to allow his big body to be an influence on the game
Mitchell and Bieksa are making mistakes at costly times.

No matter the outcome of the next game(s) against the Hawks, I cannot logically seee either of these two teams knocking off the Wings or Ducks next round.

Not that it is a done deal by any stretch, the dream for the true prize is dead in my books. Too banged up, too slow, too undisciplined, not enough guts.

AV refuses to just play hockey instead of playing chess with his lines. Is it any wonder the Nucks games look disjointed when he has last change at home!?

He is a good coach, I just think Quenville is better, at least at the moment.

hammerhead

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I expect Kesler will be on a mission after assisting on 2 hawks goals last game. Luongo needs to step up as well, he hasnt stolen a game yet.

Dial 9-1-1

Jul 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Luongo needs to step up as well, he hasnt stolen a game yet.

I thought he was pretty impressive in game 3 and was stealing one for us in Game 4 for as long as he could until Mitchell screwed up big time on both goals.

I don't care how much they pay the guy; he shouldn't be expected to stop every puck...though all low shots to his right pad seem to cause juicy rebounds.

He's done his job facing more shots than Khabibulin, but his forwards need to be able to put away their prime chances when the opportunities arise, but they haven't been able to do this. I wonder what the stat is for odd-man chances for each team.

This series should already be over--in favour of the Canucks!

hammerhead

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dial

I agree he has played pretty well. Im not saying the guy has to post a shut out every game, Im just saying that the elite goalies in this league seem to have the ability to steal games (ie the team wins because the goalie stands on his head). Luongo hasnt done that yet. He has something liek a 0.890 save percentage over the last few games (according to some guy on the radio this morning). 0.890 is not what I would call the elite goalie level

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gillis get on the phone Clint Malardchuck's neck is healed and he could replaced the frozen piece of dead skin we have in net tonight

Dial 9-1-1

Jul 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow. I think I defended Luongo earlier today.

Canucks unable to have good shifts immediately after a goal and PK was absolutely brutal. AV should have called a TO after the 5-4 lead and put it in shut down.

The good news is Kane might win me $700 in my hockey pool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0