Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[NHL Playoffs 2009] Canucks vs Hawks

Who will win the series?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow.

Luongo is going to get ripped but I would just like to say that the Canucks have the most overrated defense in the league.

I also think that AV is going to take the fall, call it a hunch.

Dial 9-1-1

Jul 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Luongo is going to get ripped but I would just like to say that the Canucks have the most overrated defense in the league.

I also think that AV is going to take the fall, call it a hunch.

Ryan Walter is done. AV stays.

I think that was Ohlund's last game. He could have set the tone by flattening Kane on his first goal, instead he got undressed at the blue-line.

Mitchell was a huge disappointment as well. What he and Salo are both doing behind the net on Kane's second goal is beyond me and cost us the game.

And, they might love him on HNIC, but Bieksa is not strong enough to move anyone in front of the net and is not a good hitter.

Matt Cooke could have helped us in this series. The irony.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
BTW, does anyone know if Verstaag (or however you spell it) had a connection to Bourdon?

If he doesn't, someone needs to step up and put this guy 20 rows through the boards next year.

Sandman

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs you are bang on about Versteeg - he is a donkey and so is Havlat - very cheap player....

I'm actually in Chicago....i was lucky enough to go to the game.

It was nuts in there....the fans are loud, rabid, rude, vulgar.....especially if you're wearing a Canucks Jersey :)

My ears are still ringing...there is truly a home ice advantage in Chicago. In comparison - GM Place really is a friendly confine. It is a very intimidating atmosphere at the United Centre.

Sandman

swampdonkey

Oct 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
8th in playoff GAA - 9th in SV% - who's the superstar. Does anyone know if Chris Kontos is still playing somewhere out there? He could be our Wellwood version 2010.

Tough series for the whole bloody lot of them!

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Luongo didn't deliver but don't blame him for everything. Good to see him emotional after the game, at least we know he cares. Damned shame but let's give credit to the Hawks here, what a fantastically resilient team. They deserved this series more than we did and boy are they exciting to watch. So much skill, so much hustle, so much speed...tough not to root for them from here on out.

So where to from here? Blow the whole thing up? Tinker a little? I say blow the whole thing to hell, tank it for 3-4 years and trade everything away for draftpicks. Look at Pittsburgh and Chicago. shite years have paid off in spades with all their draft picks.

I hate being a Vancouver fan...it always ends this way...:(

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs I think he is gone because how many more times can a guy call out his players and never take any responsibility? This could have been over in 4 if he doesn't change his approach part way through games 2 and 4. Both those games they had a lead and tried to sit on it. Fuk I'd rather have old man Quinn coach. Please bring in someone else.

BJB

Sep 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
A successful season and cause of celebration = Conference Finals and Cup if you get there.....

Not the first round... St. Louis was awful and we lucked out with the sweep. Chicago was just to good.

Maybe next year?? :rolleyes:

As for the Sedin's..... What do you think they would do if Gillis offered Daniel12 million and Henrik 2 million??

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
A successful season and cause of celebration = Conference Finals and Cup if you get there.....

Not the first round... St. Louis was awful and we lucked out with the sweep. Chicago was just to good.

Maybe next year?? :rolleyes:

As for the Sedin's..... What do you think they would do if Gillis offered Daniel12 million and Henrik 2 million??

I think you may have missed who should get more invisable Daniel or played pretty decent Henrik

Dial 9-1-1

Jul 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Luongo didn't deliver but don't blame him for everything. Good to see him emotional after the game, at least we know he cares. Damned shame but let's give credit to the Hawks here, what a fantastically resilient team. They deserved this series more than we did and boy are they exciting to watch. So much skill, so much hustle, so much speed...tough not to root for them from here on out.

I haven't heard anyone say this yet, but let's see how quickly this spreads...

Don't these Hawks remind you of the Flames from a few years back? Never quit attitude?

Personally, I think they are a bunch of dirty knobs and hope they get their butts kicked by Detroit.

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes Dial they play edgy but if the refs let it go then I say continue doing it and it's Vancouver's fault for not trying to push back. They got outcoached badly and when Byfuglien, Eager and Burish are impact players then there are problems with your game/team/tactics. Detroit will beat them if they advance because they can capitalize on powerplays if given as many as Vancouver had. And also the puck will more than likely be in Chicago's end more. Anaheim might also beat them because they can get just as dirty if not more and you know a guy like Pronger won't let them take liberties on their goalie. Kind of like how no one did anything today when Eager pushed Salo onto Luongo after the whistle.

I will now jump on the caps bandwagon and if they lose to the pens then go Canes!:rolleyes:

Please get rid of Vigneault.

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
It is far too evident that our D is just too slow....Last game for many of them. Too bad we are on the hook for Bieksa and Salo for a couple more years....that is painful!!

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
I haven't heard anyone say this yet, but let's see how quickly this spreads...

Don't these Hawks remind you of the Flames from a few years back? Never quit attitude?

Personally, I think they are a bunch of dirty knobs and hope they get their butts kicked by Detroit.

Ya except with more speed and scoring ability. And sure they are dirty because they are the opponents. Switch the jerseys and all of a sudden they are heroes...

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Canucks didn't want it bad enough (cliche I know)
Refereeing didn't help, at all, and yet the Nucks didn't do enough to draw the PP chances

Sedins should go. Look at the template. Speed Kills.

No team with a 7 million tendy has appeared in a finals as far as I can remember, Kipper may be the closest thing, and they lost because they lacked depth.

No Sedins, Bye Bye Ohlund and Sundin.

Blow it up. Start from scratch. Let Gillis do his thing, his way. "His" guys were not the ones leaving us wanting, it was Nonis' leftovers holding the bag this time.

I also say blow up the coaching staff.

swampdonkey

Oct 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'll say this about the Hawks they play entertaining hockey! Calgary Chicago was the same. I'd watch a Chicago v. Washington / Pittsburgh - final. While I respect the wings I'm tired of watching them - they're the Man U / NY Yankees of the NHL.

thedrake

Mar 30, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
our "best defensive" defenseman Willie Mitchell had a shocker of a series... seemed like he was always the guy standing beside Luongo in disbelief every time a crucial goal was scored... Dumb fu#cking penalties were the theme, and ultimately demise for the nucks... Coach V's gotta go... along with the sisters

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just saw the Luongo post game interview again and he knows...he knows.

I suppose to extract some good from all this gloom we went from expected to miss the playoffs in September to Divisional Champs after missing Luongo for weeks and we saw some of our young guys emerge as well. Not too bad a season but god almighty Vancouver needs a cup...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0