Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[NHL Playoffs 2009] Canucks vs Hawks

Who will win the series?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Game On Again!

Use this thread throughout the series for discussing everything that goes on.

We'll have single game bookie events posted that will be closed for posting right after each game is done and the event is settled.

Go Canucks Go!

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
  • Admin
Sedins are looking at a SIGNIFICANT pay raise if they keep this up...

Wellwood and the tooth incident was awesome :D

Dial 9-1-1

Jul 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'll give the Hawks a lot of credit. They just finished a 6 game series, stayed in Calgary the past couple days, and then outhit the Canucks by a considerable margin. We'll see if these hits take a toll on the Canucks as the series progresses. Canucks definitely have a few guys who can throw punches--as do the Hawks, but when it comes to solid hitters we have nobody who poses a real threat---and please don't say Steve Bernier. Rypien is probably our best hitter when he is not boarding people. A number of the Canucks, Demitra especially, wanted no part of getting hit.

It's no secret that in the past that when the Canucks D-men go down with injuries they struggle...and it appears the Hawks did all they could to get a body on the Canucks D (especially injury prone Salo), so much so that the D-men turned over the puck a number of times as they tried to avoid getting hit.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'll give the Hawks credit for sucking until the 3rd period. All has been said about how the layoff would kill the Canucks for the first couple periods to get there legs. Well it was 3-0, and the Hawks couldn't capitalize until we decided to take a period off. The only way the Hawks have a chance is iff the Canucks get lazy. And they won't

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'll give the Hawks credit for sucking until the 3rd period. All has been said about how the layoff would kill the Canucks for the first couple periods to get there legs. Well it was 3-0, and the Hawks couldn't capitalize until we decided to take a period off. The only way the Hawks have a chance is iff the Canucks get lazy. And they won't

Or if Horidchuk plays more

Dial 9-1-1

Jul 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Considering the Hawks played most of the 1st and 2nd period short handed, maybe that had a little to do with why the Hawks could not capitalize?

And..regardless of the "leg rust" theories, the Canucks had a huge advantage getting to rest and not be living in a Calgary hotel for the past few days.

The fact the Hawks were the far more aggressive team and that the Canucks did not have an answer for them when they turned it up a notch must have had you adjusting your rear view mirror more than once as you were driving the Canucks bandwagon.:D

Hordichuk will continue to play in this series due to the need of a physical presence, but if the Canucks make the next round, Pyatt will be back in the line-up.

Dial 9-1-1

Jul 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
All three teams that swept in the first round and had a nice break won their first game. So much for that "leg rust" argument that Ron from White Rock and Shawn from Burnaby was so worried about.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
There is no bandwagon for me, tried and true fan. And I disagree with you. Canucks in 5 at worse, Chicago might win one at home.

Dial 9-1-1

Jul 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
On an unrelated note, did anyone hear Squire Barnes the other night telling Dan Russell how he bumped into Nonis in Vegas and Nonis "jokingly" told Barnes: "hey, that's not a bad team I built."

Nonis definitely receives credit for putting some (major) pieces together, but his unwillingness to address second and third line scoring, defensive depth, and team size, all the while remaining loyal to team cancers was his downfall. This team would not be where it is right now if that nob was still at the helm.

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I am fully on the bandwagon again and realize that within days I may jump off.

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I just witnessed one of the best saves ever by a goalie in the playoffs...LOOOOOOOOOU!

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Off the bandwagon! It's so easy for me and the rest of you will walk around for the next couple days grumpy looking like you have a pickle up your ass.

Dial 9-1-1

Jul 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's no secret that in the past that when the Canucks D-men go down with injuries they struggle...and it appears the Hawks did all they could to get a body on the Canucks D (especially injury prone Salo), so much so that the D-men turned over the puck a number of times as they tried to avoid getting hit.

More from the amazing Kreskin...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0