Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Leaf's 06/07 - The Franchise's thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

LSD

May 31, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Franchise said:
Honestly besides the Penguins, I don't see a team out there with better young talent.

Wellwood
Stajin
Ponikarovsky
Steen
Antropov

Find me five better young players on a nhl team!!:bronco: :knvb: :wa:
Ponikarovsky and Antropov aren't really young up and comers anymore, didn't the Leafs try to trade Antropov, but no takers.

Anyways San Jose with Carle, Michalek, Cheechoo, Bell and Bernier.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
LSD said:
Ponikarovsky and Antropov aren't really young up and comers anymore, didn't the Leafs try to trade Antropov, but no takers.

And Marleau.....he isn't exactly old. :)

The Franchise?

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
LSD said:

I give you Antropov but Ponikarosky is awesome, great young talent.

San Jose never had Bell in their system till this year, Cheechoo is a one season wonder and who the Fukc is Bernier and Carle....Do they ride pine???

I am not disagreeing with any of these picks, I personally just think the Leafs have done a great job brining up their young talent.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Franchise, Ponikarosky has never hit 40 points in his career and he is what 26 or 27. This is what his 6th year in the NHL. I agree he is a talent but for whatever reason has never been able to consistently score. Until he has a breakout year, which you clearly feel is this year. He is just a 30 point guy with moments of brilliants. I have always thought he would be something much more but he is getting closer to being 30 and average rather then young and "awesome."

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
bulljive said:
Franchise, Ponikarosky has never hit 40 points in his career and he is what 26 or 27. This is what his 6th year in the NHL. I agree he is a talent but for whatever reason has never been able to consistently score. Until he has a breakout year, which you clearly feel is this year. He is just a 30 point guy with moments of brilliants. I have always thought he would be something much more but he is getting closer to being 30 and average rather then young and "awesome."

True comments but he has only played one full season! Every other year besides last year he only played a max of 38 games. Quinn never played him very much and he was consistently on the third or fourth with low minutes. Maurice is playing him more and now he has loads of ice time. He has 7 points in 12 games before last night so I think this year he will have a breakout season.

He is just turned 26 and for the first 3 seasons I believe he was in Moscow Dynomo,and two years ago he was back there again

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just for all you Darcy Tucker haters,it's mid way through the third period and he has two goals which puts him 1 behind Hossa for the league lead in goals.

GO LEAFS GO:knvb:

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Franchise said:
Just wanted to point out that the Leafs were the first team to defeat the Buffalo Sabres:D

Congrats, Franchise. :)

I wish I could say something positive about my Flyers but I can't. ****ing terrible right now......

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fukc thats awesome Leafs win and Raycroft gets hurt!!! Fukc things are looking up for the Leafs.

Just a side note...Tucker scored again:D

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Franchise, I haven't been paying attention to the Laff's in quite a while, just wondering how they're doing as you haven't been updating us :D

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
there doing fine, actually better then expected. They were in eight spot in the East last night I don't know if they dropped or not after the lose. Want to bet on Saturday's game, I am going to watch it at GM Place on the big screen.....I will be one of 10,000 fans in a Maple Leafs jersey!

GO LEAFS GO

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
italian_stallion21 said:
Out of curiousity, don't you live back east? Doesn't that make it hard to pay up? Or is that the plan as you know they'll lose?

Nope, was visiting out east. Hector will bet, he knows I'm good for it.

Leafs 4- 1 over Canucks with a Depleted Leaf line-up...

Kevin Hector

Apr 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Franchise said:
Nope, was visiting out east. Hector will bet, he knows I'm good for it.

Leafs 4- 1 over Canucks with a Depleted Leaf line-up...

I don't want to take your beer off you, plus I couldn't find this thread to bet you in time, great game so for :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0