Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Leaf's 06/07 - The Franchise's thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I thought your biggest pet peeve was people making fun of dead people?

Leafs will finish 10th.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tucker 15 million?

$15 million for Tucker?

Darcy Tucker could end his playing days with the Buds if the two sides can agree to the latest contract offer.

According to sources, the Maple Leafs are offering Tucker a five-year, $15 miilion deal to re-sign in Toronto, writes the Toronto Star. The offer would also include a no-movement clause, similar to the one in Bryan McCabe's contract.

I think it's a bit steep but I wouldn't lose Tucker. He score, fight and gives 110% effort every night. One of only a few tough guys that can get the job done. I say sign him.

There are some key standouts this early season

Kyle Wellwood
Darcy Tucker...but most of all Alexei Ponikarovsky!!

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
As a Leaf's hater I agree, they should sign him. That contract would fcuk them over for the next 5 years.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude said:
As a Leaf's hater I agree, they should sign him. That contract would fcuk them over for the next 5 years.

How would it fukc them over??? it puzzles me how people say they hate him yet put him on any team and they would be better.

Ie the Canucks on there second line.....they would also have someone who would stick up for the pazy first line!

If he goes anywhere I hope it's Vancouver!!

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
One year, OK. Maybe two, but 5? This guy may find his career cut short any day due to concussion or any other injury that is far more probable for him, due to the style of play, and his age.

5 years is just stupid.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude said:
One year, OK. Maybe two, but 5? This guy may find his career cut short any day due to concussion or any other injury that is far more probable for him, due to the style of play, and his age.

5 years is just stupid.

If his career is cut short due to injury they don't pay...insurance does!!

Watch the Score today for the highlights of his fight last night with Eaves....he KO's him!!

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Would you pay 15 m over 5 years to Lindros?

Point being, a guy like Tucker can get himself concussed, and be medically cleared to come back and play...but lose all effectiveness. Meanwhile, the team is stuck w/ the paper.

The guy is effective now, but he's got a lot of miles, and he's getting on. I don't see him being able to keep the pace for another 5 years. Maybe 2.

Stepchild

Jun 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
my favorite highlight of him was after the fight when he was taunting the guy in the penalty box for covering his head....Ironic isn't it. :rolleyes:
Agree with dude, sign him for a shorter contract as he seems to be producing....but for how long with his style of play. Just ask the nucks and Cook (and he barely fights).

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs said:
He's awesome! Can't wait to see him scrap, erm, Malkin!

:rolleyes:

If a guys finishes a check like that then he deserves what he got.

Direct quote "If you're in for a penny, you're in for a pound(ing)."

Maurice was alluding to the firestorm Darcy Tucker created by dropping the gloves with known pacifist Patrick Eaves on Tuesday night. Eaves -- who hasn't fought since he spent his days in homeroom -- received no sympathy from the Leafs coach, who feels if you finish a check with intent you should also be accountable for any further action taken.

Can't wait till tonight. Leafs 4- Sens 2

Argyle

Feb 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Tucker 15 million?

The Franchise said:
$15 million for Tucker?

Darcy Tucker could end his playing days with the Buds if the two sides can agree to the latest contract offer.

According to sources, the Maple Leafs are offering Tucker a five-year, $15 miilion deal to re-sign in Toronto, writes the Toronto Star. The offer would also include a no-movement clause, similar to the one in Bryan McCabe's contract.
I did not know that the laughs had hired Mike Milbury as the GM consultant for Fergie...

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Tucker 15 million?

Argyle said:
I did not know that the laughs had hired Mike Milbury as the GM consultant for Fergie...

I know it's wierd...T.O. dosen't let there good players sign elsewhere:rolleyes:

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
That's obviously why they have been so successful the last thirty years. The Leafs are the joke of the league. Even worse than the Rangers. Christ, at least the Rangers have won something in the last decade. Or three.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dapotayto said:
That's obviously why they have been so successful the last thirty years. The Leafs are the joke of the league. Even worse than the Rangers. Christ, at least the Rangers have won something in the last decade. Or three.

How do you rate successful?? Stanley Cups...ticket sales....biggest bank role in the Canadian market?

And who do you chear for? the team that wins the year before!

Talk about Dude having unwitty comebacks.....at least his are entertaining for fukc sakes

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Great game tonight for my hockey pool....but no so well for my team:(

The upside is atleast they can beat them if they meet in the playoffs.:)

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Role model for losers:

Toronto's Darcy Tucker was a marked man in the early going after pummelling mild-mannered Patrick Eaves in a lopsided bout on Tuesday, but refused to be baited into a fight by the likes of Senators enforcer Chris Neil.

"It doesn't make sense to me to fight a 225-pound guy," Tucker said. "I'm going to get walloped and everybody is going to get a good cheer out of it."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0