Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[FVSL Masters 2005] December/January Banter and Results

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rangers vs Aldergrove

twoleftfeet said:
Aldergrove / Rangers
Rangers to squeek one by the always difficult Bushmen...

Quite prophetic indeed TLF. ;)

Seriously, that is the sum and essence of it all.
Wilkie on a free kick with like 5 minutes on the clock left.
Totally impressed with Aldergrove who continually play a skilled passing game on the carpet and in all fairness to them it could have gone either way.
One of those games.
I thought we had an edge in territory and such but still...
Also thought Lorenzo in the middle played a great game for them with Gordie running his nuts off up front as usual.

The powers at Surrey FC let us go upstairs post match and had some snacks, pizza, watched the Canucks highlites and the World Cup draw to end off the night.
Oh, and whole lot of Christmas cheer too baby... :cool:

Cheerio,

RF

gameboy

Sep 14, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Utah, your last post was friggin hilarious!!Your so right, maybe I will drive.5bt bring the knapsack of goodies.

fat monkey

Oct 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Finally, a happy post!!:D

GEU 2, Less-than-a-full-team-Langley 0.

In the battle for the most balls in the draft lottery, GEU prevailed. If we had any creativity going forward, we would have scored many more than two. Langley started the match with nine and played about seventy minutes with ten. They were bagged by half-time.

Having said that, our keeper was forced to make two top-notch saves (one from a mis-hit cross:rolleyes: ) to preserve the bagel, and we required an own-goal to seal the deal in the second half, but the game was never in doubt.

Nice way to enter the break. unbeaten in two (lofty heights for the muckers across the Fraser) and only one goal against in the past three games - including back to back bagels.

Have a great holiday, folks!:knvb:

Monkey

BullyB

Jan 7, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hello there TTP from The Black&Blues.
Obviously we are having a terrible season.:cool:
We had 13 confirmed for the match and 10 showed.
We started with 9, went up to 10 then back down to 9 for the last 20 minutes. I know we don't have much to cheer about but AllBlacks did actually stretch GEU for the majority of the second half and if Colton hadn't nodded home a great header this battle for the bottom would have been a lot tighter. By the way Monkey, that miss hit cross was a shot, nice try though.

I guess you just have to look at the bright side of things. Robbie Brown reffed this one and that is always a pleasure.
The mood in the room after was upbeat and I have to take my hat off the Andy Cuthbert. The wee man worked his socks off. Apart from destroying the hedge in front of my house he's been a great addition. I'm looking forward to summer already.

Scottyshell

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
What the kind of crap is that...BRM????? You guys from Cinncinatti or what?? Still only 3 teams worth anything in the valley....Merry X-mas!

Cheers!

twoleftfeet

Sep 29, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes, prophetic indeed.....that will be my most accurate prediction of the year...:p ...Its just a shame I coudn't have been more accurate with my own teams outcome.:( .....again, the guys that did show put up what they could..great bunch O lads to keep coming out ( 2-3 of them that shouldn't be playing at all due to injury) and take a pounding every week. Hopefully our fortunes will turn after the break...

Out

5bigtoes

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Two-testicles-left,

I personally will not hold out any hope for the New Year espeacially if we play Sundays. Sorry for the frank honesty! The AllBlacks are in transition. What is needed are a few more quality players and obviously a wee bit more committment. Until then it's gonna be a struggle (plain and simple):(

BullyB,

Anytime is a good time for the ENGERLAND kit....;)

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Why don't you boys have a team meeting at Kelly O's next weds at 7 pm and get it all in the open.

Bulley, Toes, Two Left, and so on.................See you there. :D

twoleftfeet

Sep 29, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Coach, Yes, A team meeting at Kelly O's...a splendid idea...:D

Toes, you speak the truth but to quote the Imortal Winston Churchill...." I am an optimist. It does not seem much use being anything else. "

For example...while I know I can't put back a 12 pack anymore ;) I am always optimistic I can pull it off...:D

Besides If I was playin we would have at least 6 more points... ;)

Out

BullyB

Jan 7, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
5bigtoes said:
Two-testicles-left,

I personally will not hold out any hope for the New Year espeacially if we play Sundays. Sorry for the frank honesty! The AllBlacks are in transition. What is needed are a few more quality players and obviously a wee bit more committment. Until then it's gonna be a struggle (plain and simple):(

Toes, you big bastard, you speak the truth.
The problem is our quality players aren't committed!
Jones, Traversy, Springett, Baarts & Foster, there's five quality players that are part timers. Whether its through injury or family; we have been unable to field a competitive team yet. We had 13 guys confirmed for Sunday and played the majority of the game with 9. One of those wasn't expected so that's 5 guys that changed plans that morning.:confused: :mad:

I'm amazed that the boys can still hold their heads up, its the common grunts that have been bailing the water out of this sinking boat all year.
Bollix; I predict we win 3 of our last 4 games.

5bigtoes

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
First things first and most importantly,

Coach I am confirming my reservations for this Wednesday night at Kelly O's...actually catching a ride with Crafty....BURP!!!:p :D

2testilesleft and Pulley-my-pee-pee,

I suspect you are both right...sorry for my commitment this year (it has been diabolical!):eek: wish I could do better.:(

UP WITH KELLY O's

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sounds good Toes!

Happy Holidays all you old Bastards!

Take care and enjoy the Christmas break.

See you all in the new year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Or the other few of you who plan on attending our Christmas Shing Ding on Weds night.

BullyB

Jan 7, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
All the best of the season to all you FV Masters out there.
I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas.
Have a good time at the TTP do, sorry can't make it.
Just remember;
Great minds discuss great ideas,
Mediocre minds discuss events &
Small minds discuss people.:)

What are you lot going to do?

:bronco: :knvb: Toes & Crafty opening up the night.

:eek: :D Ranger & Gameboy enjoying a .....................pint or 2.

:cool: Coach officiating the events.

highlander

Jul 22, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Is the hockey Avery and the soccer Avery the same guy.
you know what they say about mj and jj Jackson that is.
keepingthebongwaterformyselfmerrychristmasuoldfarts.
byestander

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well wasn't that a very fast Christmas break.

It was nice to get back at it though, and we battled Delta to a 2-0 win last night.

Plenty of spirited tackles last night as both teams seemed to be a bit testy at times last night.

No Izzat, Baily, Wilkie or the usual five other walking wounded but things seemed to turn out well.

Rangerforever had another shutout in goal and seems to really have control of that six yard box.

On to the AllBlacks next week and hopefully a little help from the other teams out there.

Nice to be back playing!

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rangerforever had another shutout in goal and seems to really have control of that six yard box.
It's easy really, when there is no room for anyone else.

Thank you. I'll be here all week...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0