Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[FVSL Masters 2005] December/January Banter and Results

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aves

Jan 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rangerforever said:
I asked Mark 'The Hatchet' Thomas :D how old he was now after us laughing about something.
51!
Fcuking amazing.
It blows my mind how some guys in this league of that age bracket are so fit and how good they still are.
My hat is tipped.

And yes, Gameboy, you've still got it.
Your yap that is. :p ;)

Good game Sapperton,

RF

And, of course, I love Tony. :D

RF,
Thomas loves the game and is a true competitor. I was friends with his little brother in high school and that's how I ended up playing with Sapperton. Fresh out of Juvenile at 17 I hooked up with Sapp for the kelowna labour day tourney in 83 and a lifetime of friendships ensued. :cool:

FFrreeedddyyyyyy baby!

Coach: I hear there's been a few signings in the ranger camp...what's the update?

dazza

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rangerforever said:
I asked Mark 'The Hatchet' Thomas :D how old he was now after us laughing about something.
51!
Fcuking amazing.
It blows my mind how some guys in this league of that age bracket are so fit and how good they still are.
My hat is tipped.:D

I totally agree, Ranger:eek:

Phatanslow

Oct 2, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
It was funny aves when you talked about 83 it brought back memories !!! I remember playing high school footie at North Surrey with you ( the old north surrey that is ) and couldn't help but remember the great tilts we used to have against Centennial , QE and North Delta!! Ah the old high school footie !! How old we have become :eek: As for Mark Thomas he most certainly is an icon , 51 farking years old and still kicking people. I wonder how many lumps he has given out in all those years of playing , I know the backs of my legs have had a few bruises from him ... Bastiche !!!

twoleftfeet

Sep 29, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well, you're all a bunch O freaks as far as Im concerned....:D

No need to slam each one of you....waste of time...just a blanket slam...one size fits all....:wa: ......and I do say that with the utmost affection....

One week and Im under the knife...er...needle...Can't wait to get the Gas...they say wonderful things about the Gas...:p

TLF

hedkandi

Aug 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
First post for a while;
But this I thought, you may find it intersting.
Game Report, Master 2nd Div: 22nd Jan. Sunday morning, Gates Park, PoCo Celtic VS Meraloma

10 am - Meraloma's with 10 men, where is our effing keeper again:mad: Game begins, we put an Aussie in goal.
10:10 am - Miss a bullet after the stand-in keeper picks up the ball from a back pass.
10:15 am - The keeper turns up. We are 11.
10:17 am - One of our players gets injured, cannot continue. We are back at 10 men.
10:19 am - A supporter gets asked to leave the park for arguing with the ref.
10:20 am - Our keeper gets a Yellow card for mouthing off to the ref.
10:25 am - The ref warns the keeper to shut his 'dish'
10:30 am - 2nd yellow and red card for our keeper, we are down to 9 men.
1st half score: 0-0
2nd half starts. 11:00 am - 9 men.
11:10 am - We score!! A juicy Cloutier type rebound from a shot, tucked it away, 1-0 to Meraloma.
11:20 am - We score again, similar to the first from a free-kick, rebound, slotted home, 2-0 to Meraloma.
11:30 am - PoCo Celtic score. We were short, what I can I say!!!
11:35 am - We nearly get a 3rd, when the keeper again spills it and trickling towards the line was saved by a defender!
11:40 am - PoCo get an equaliser, after our keeper went on "walk-about"
11:45 am - 2-2 Full Time. A point won for the Meralomas and certainly 3 points loss to PoCo Celtic.
9 of us left the field feeling pretty knackered and proud of the result and team effort.
The comment for the day was “There are a couple men unmarked back there.” No kidding!!:rolleyes:

ttfn

hedKandi

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Please,

Quality football is played in this division, noone needs to read anything muckerloma-related whatsoever in this thread.

You should be banned.

Love,

~BRMloverseverywhere.

hedkandi

Aug 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ok, a few may find a little interesting.
"Quality football" - That wasn't a quote was it? Hope not, don't think I mentioned skill, finesse, quality or supberb shooting prowess.
Ban Dazza for being a plum, for whatever plum league he plays for :eek
hedKandi

Wild Tree Fun

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wrong league hedkandi. I'm suprised you slipped by the crack thread cops that patrol these parts.

dazza

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
hedkandi said:
First post for a while;
But this I thought, you may find it intersting.
Game Report, Master 2nd Div: 22nd Jan. Sunday morning, Gates Park, PoCo Celtic VS Meraloma

10 am - Meraloma's with 10 men, where is our effing keeper again:mad: Game begins, we put an Aussie in goal.
10:10 am - Miss a bullet after the stand-in keeper picks up the ball from a back pass.
10:15 am - The keeper turns up. We are 11.
10:17 am - One of our players gets injured, cannot continue. We are back at 10 men.
10:19 am - A supporter gets asked to leave the park for arguing with the ref.
10:20 am - Our keeper gets a Yellow card for mouthing off to the ref.
10:25 am - The ref warns the keeper to shut his 'dish'
10:30 am - 2nd yellow and red card for our keeper, we are down to 9 men.
1st half score: 0-0
2nd half starts. 11:00 am - 9 men.
11:10 am - We score!! A juicy Cloutier type rebound from a shot, tucked it away, 1-0 to Meraloma.
11:20 am - We score again, similar to the first from a free-kick, rebound, slotted home, 2-0 to Meraloma.
11:30 am - PoCo Celtic score. We were short, what I can I say!!!
11:35 am - We nearly get a 3rd, when the keeper again spills it and trickling towards the line was saved by a defender!
11:40 am - PoCo get an equaliser, after our keeper went on "walk-about"
11:45 am - 2-2 Full Time. A point won for the Meralomas and certainly 3 points loss to PoCo Celtic.
9 of us left the field feeling pretty knackered and proud of the result and team effort.
The comment for the day was “There are a couple men unmarked back there.” No kidding!!:rolleyes:

ttfn

hedKandi

Hedkandi,

Nice of you to drop by. No worries. Sounds like an eventful morning :eek:

Daz

Aves

Jan 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Phatanslow said:
It was funny aves when you talked about 83 it brought back memories !!! I remember playing high school footie at North Surrey with you ( the old north surrey that is ) and couldn't help but remember the great tilts we used to have against Centennial , QE and North Delta!! Ah the old high school footie !! How old we have become :eek:

5th and 6th in the bc's...with a bc squeaker loss against Alpha to advance to the final four... I would consider putting "Glory Days" on the stereo but it'll have to wait until after this weekend.
RF and the rest of the QE/ND crew have some unfinished business...20+ years later ;) :D

who's added to the game day rosters since we last played?...we've got Kiwi and Harky's back.

here we go boys...au natural on Sunday.:cool:

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Aves said:
RF and the rest of the QE/ND crew have some unfinished business...20+ years later ;) :D

Mind you on our team that cnut Greggy Silzer manages to still enjoy those 1983 North Surrey glory days engaging in pints with us...
It happens once in a while, he gets a bit yappy, until Bear and I hold him down with the shoe polish and brush soon following...:D

Geez Aves that's great news about Daryl and Dave. :rolleyes: ;)

Our big signing and news is Dan Penner's back.
He hasn't played in a while.
Thanks to Regs.
Last time, promise - Cheater. :D

Looking forward to the grass this Sunday.
And, no, we're not playing Sapperton. :p

How's the field looking?

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
SU 4 Rangers 1

Regs, Aves, Ballbaby & Company:

Congratulations are in order.

Coulda, shoulda...fcuk it. :(

Different class today boys.

Well done,
RF

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
B R M

Good result after going down 1-0 early on a mishit cross (I think) that floated into the far corner of the net.

Muzz with 3 and Jordy with the other for a 4-1 final.

Lots of action in this game, a few handbags at 20 incidents, a few cheaters, but all-in-all a good hard battle.

We are well aware though that any further meetings this season will be much, much closer. Same result though.

:D

Cheers,

~Regs.

BullyB

Jan 7, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
AllBlacks 2 Sapp 2

While the two big clubs slogged it out in the FV Masters; 3rd took on 8th. This game showed that we are two leagues in one, us and them. Sapperton has obviously come a long way this year under the guidence of the Waterboy but I can only see them as having riden lady luck week in week out. She must be sore.
There is nothing between last and third in this league and our last 3 games with Sapp prove it. JC sez they're back two are the best in the league, I'd play with 10 if we had Bailly. No contest. And if it wasn't for a well taken goal in the 89th minute this would have gone down as an upset. I say bollix, a tie is a fair result. AllBlacks didn't play any differently than they have all season and didn't particularily get any lucky bounces but were even across the park. With Springer, Traversy, Jones and Baarts this would have been a masacre.
As PhatnSlow sez, "In the Day", JC would have owned the park but today he was; "In my back pocket." Moanin' and winin' after ever challenge. Yes JonI, Age is the great equalizer, them that had it, just don't have it anymore.
Come on respond, lets see your view from those Rose tinted glasses! ;)
My view is that if Tony wasn't on his toes today, it could have been a landslide vitory for the Maori.

PS Springer you Bastard; thats 6-1. I would gladly pay for those bevies if you bag 6 in the remaining games. Just do it!

Aves

Jan 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs said:
B R M

We are well aware though that any further meetings this season will be much, much closer. Same result though.

:D

Cheers,

~Regs.

Similar to the last game at Cloverdale, the rangers threw it all at us early on and could have scored more in the first 60 mins. Only a few good chances but the ball was in the neighborhood from all the balls knocked into the box.
The ref let things go which stirred things up a bit but other than a few incidents it was a pretty clean game.
We sponged up the pressure and got them on a few counters in the last 20....so it came down to finishing in the end.

We've had their number the last few and will take it but we know it could go either way in the future. They are big and are tough to deal with when balls are knocked in...but we also managed to stop the fullbacks from waltzing across the 1/2 line unabated to deliver at will.
Solid team win for SU.

fat monkey

Oct 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
GEU 1, Delta 1.

In Mucker Bowl - 2006, both teams battled in the crappy conditions at Hammond. Man, our park sucks. Just ask our centre back who had the ball hit one of the "upslopes" on the park and drop right on Dolie's foot. One pass to Big Al, a well placed shot, and it's 1 - bagel.

It was a pretty even game overall. Both teams had chances. Delta's Big Al could have had three if our keeper wasn't on his game and our Big Al also potted a beauty early in the second half. We started with two subs, but two early injuries forced us to play with eleven, as Delta was forced to for 90 minutes. Both teams were knackered in the final stages.

Nice to meet Dazza after the game. Why'd you run off so quick?:confused:

A week break to rest and it's on to the FireRangerFighters in two weeks.

Monkey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0