Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 3 [FVSL Div 3] Results and Banter 2011-12 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just helping you out! Should make for interesting cup runs, I am looking forward to the knights cup with the div 2 teams. Always look forward to playing MB10 and Inter - Although come cup time I doubt they'll be as strong, if they have guys signing prem for Pak cup.

Do all the provincial B cup spots go to div 2 teams?

Thought you were playing div1? Inter will only lose 3 guys (one who's played 3 games) and possibly a 4th for cup, and Paul should be back by then after his collarbone broke against the Dynamo, so that's pretty much a pick up.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thought you were playing div1? Inter will only lose 3 guys (one who's played 3 games) and possibly a 4th for cup, and Paul should be back by then after his collarbone broke against the Dynamo, so that's pretty much a pick up.
Ive seen your teams record, its not that good...Cake walk for anyone who plays inter in cup play ;)

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nope, we had 4 last year, 2 go to the cup finalists, 2 go to next highest in standings. Only way for D3 team to make it would be to make the cup final. Don't see that happening though. Not good enough competition week in, week out for the top teams in D3.

I am going to disagree and say that Abby could be most teams in div 2 if they had full team

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I am going to disagree and say that Abby could be most teams in div 2 if they had full team

But they don't, so it doesn't matter. Everyone is going to be better with their full team, but good luck getting it out. If we had ours out all the time I'm sure things would be different, but we don't and we're dealing with it. I would be very surprised if the semi-finals had a D3 team in it.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
But they don't, so it doesn't matter. Everyone is going to be better with their full team, but good luck getting it out. If we had ours out all the time I'm sure things would be different, but we don't and we're dealing with it. I would be very surprised if the semi-finals had a D3 team in it.
Even Marga?

junction

Oct 6, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I would agree that Abby is the team to beat in Div3 this year. I haven't seen the other teams in 3B but based on last year's team, they are all solid all the way through. I did notice one kid from their last years squad playing with the Abby U21 team against ours... COuld that be where some of there players are playing?

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I would agree that Abby is the team to beat in Div3 this year. I haven't seen the other teams in 3B but based on last year's team, they are all solid all the way through. I did notice one kid from their last years squad playing with the Abby U21 team against ours... COuld that be where some of there players are playing?

As long as they don't play against a physical team they'll be alright, but since most of the D2 teams do play hard nosed I don't see them matching up well against them.

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nah .... celtic are the best team in 3 this year... Gunners next, Abby 3rd ... the rest don't matter... lost the first one due to lack of players, and the maggot piefaces had 5 U21 players called up... otherwise they'd be undefeated.... and the tie against the Gooners they were missing far too many key players...

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money

No they still have the same team as last year. I'm guessing the one player in u21 was Siam, that's because he wanted to play Prem for Abby. They have 3 guys who play for universitys that are back now so once the cup comes around, as long as they don't get 6 guys sent off again i'm sure they will be up in the top end. IS21 they made it to the semi's last year (lost on pk's) with the same team so i wouldn't be surpirsed. And in Bradner cup they made it to the quarters after beating TWU (now prem) and losing 2-1 i believe to the Gunners div1 squad. They're the best team in div 3, there one loss i think was cause they had 9 guys.

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Also if you look at it this way, the Young Guns finished 1st after Abby was forced to forefit against the shitty aldergrove team which would of given them enough points to finish 1st. Look were the Young Guns are in div 2 right now, Abby would beat most teams in our division.

elbowroom

Oct 26, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
They just don't get enough production up front.

Awesome!!

I think Port Moody has the edge up front and Celtic have a really strong back line, should be a great game. Metro Ford played fast against us and Gunners/Celtic both meet them in the next 2 weeks. I think these next 2 weeks will be a good indication who will take tops in D3.

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
No they still have the same team as last year. I'm guessing the one player in u21 was Siam, that's because he wanted to play Prem for Abby. They have 3 guys who play for universitys that are back now so once the cup comes around, as long as they don't get 6 guys sent off again i'm sure they will be up in the top end. IS21 they made it to the semi's last year (lost on pk's) with the same team so i wouldn't be surpirsed. And in Bradner cup they made it to the quarters after beating TWU (now prem) and losing 2-1 i believe to the Gunners div1 squad. They're the best team in div 3, there one loss i think was cause they had 9 guys.

All last years news.... Completely revamped Celtic squad this year... go by their team last season, and I'd say Gunners 1st, Abby 2nd, and Celtic 10th ... this year... we'll see...

haters

Nov 1, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
i dont get how a team (abby united) goes from being one of the top team last year in div 2 to 2nd or 3rd favourites to win the cup with the same team. Also you guys say that abby would do good if they dont play a physical team,:rolleyes: you guys said the same thing last year when they played the knights and look what happened in that game. I think abby is the best team in div 3 and would be near the top in div 2 had they been moved up

Mission09

Nov 22, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Abby united is by far one of the top teams in div 2-3 they have beat everyone they played other then inter and that was pks also 6 starters were out with red cards they have also beat Abbotsford mariners.....Then again it's a new year anything could happen.

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
All last years news.... Completely revamped Celtic squad this year... go by their team last season, and I'd say Gunners 1st, Abby 2nd, and Celtic 10th ... this year... we'll see...

I guess you're right, i can't comment on the Celtic and the Gunners but i do know Abby are top 3 in Div 3. My predicition would be them being the best but like i just said i don't know anything about the Gunners or Celtic. However as for last year saying the Gunners were better than Abby is far from right, i'm sure even junction and dutch will agree with that one.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I guess you're right, i can't comment on the Celtic and the Gunners but i do know Abby are top 3 in Div 3. My predicition would be them being the best but like i just said i don't know anything about the Gunners or Celtic. However as for last year saying the Gunners were better than Abby is far from right, i'm sure even junction and dutch will agree with that one.

Last years gunners lost first round to a div 4 aldergrove team...sooo i think old bobby stacked up the lower team so it wouldnt happen again

The team is way better all around this year....

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
As long as they don't play against a physical team they'll be alright, but since most of the D2 teams do play hard nosed I don't see them matching up well against them.

How is this statment even close to accurate? Inter doesnt play physical, nor does nomads, nor does coyotes.

Abby would be top 4 no question based on skill.

Teams that play physical in div 2 are the teams that cant match up speed and talent levels...which forces them to adapt game plan

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I haven't seen abby this year, but if they're anything last year, then yes they are definitely in the top % of Div 3 teams, would be foolish to disagree.When it comes to who is the best, It doesn't matter who says what, its about who does what. We'll find out who the best team is after cup play is done in march.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0