Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 3 [FVSL Div 3] Results and Banter 2011-12 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cantuzzi

Sep 23, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well... I guess we have been technically bumped down another division.

3B looks tough

Abby Arsenal - Happer in net makes the goal look very small, and they always pick up a few good players
Abby United - Could have won their division last year
Aldergrove - We have the same cast coming back from last year.
Cloverdale - Look solid when we played them in summer league
FV Athletic - Look solid when we played them in summer league (step below cloverdale imo)
Lan Rangers - ??
ND Titan - look forward to playing these guys again (if it is still the same group)
Caps - Had our # last year
Surrey Strikers - ???
Temple - ???

Right out of the gate we get the titans... definitely an early battle of two teams that should be in the top half.

What does everyone else think? Any new signings?

Kevin Hector

Apr 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Results and Banter 2011-12 Div3

Div3 is going to be a lot better now that it's twenty teams, that are from div2 and top div 3 teams from last year. Even Div4 will be better the FVSL top to bottom will be more competitive week in week out IMO

bam bam

Feb 7, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money

Gonna have to miss this season sorry Titans,good luck boys ILL BE BACK

TheMegr

Nov 7, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

Abby Utd. should win the division IF they keep their egos in check and just play soccer. They shoulda moved up last year but all the cards they got in the last couple games cost them huge. As far as we're concerned, a few injuries will hurt us to start but I think we'll be ok. Can't wait!

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
FVSL Div 3A

First Round Next Weekend, here's the scheduale.

TWU Titans vs Coquitlam MF
BC United vs Port Moody Gunners MOTW
Port Moody Magpies vs NFS Celtic
NFS Phoenix vs Poco Rockets
Langley United Knights vs Port Moody Lions.

Gonna be a tough division, All div 3 divisions are going to be tough this year and make for a real competitive season. Off the hop I would have to say BC United and Gunners are the favorites, Gunners strong every year, and BC United always puts out a fast and skilled line up. Looking forward to kicking off next saturday. Best of luck to all teams. Except when you play the Celtic ;)

Titan4Life

Mar 24, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

Not sure what to expect from us (ND Titans) this year. Only about 8-10 returning players, 5-6 new kids (and I mean kids at the ages of 17-19) plus some pick ups from the VMSL and other leagues, teams, etc.

We will likely take a while to gel as to date we haven't even selected our squad yet but once we do, I expect to see a much improved team. Defence will be strong as usual, but should have a lot more finish that the Titans of the past.

Good luck to all the Div 3 guys, and look forward specifically to battling old rivals like Aldy! See you on Sunday Cantuzzi.

bam bam

Feb 7, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money

ill miss ya chris one of the best sweepers ive ever played with its been a pleasure

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Week 1 Predictions

TWU Titans B Coquitlam MF Titans
BC United B Port Moody Gunners C
Port Moody Magpies NFS Celtic Tie
NFS Phoenix Poco Rockets
Langley Utd Knights Port Moody Lions Tie

Aldergrove Utd B North Delta SC Titans
Fraser Valley Athletic Cloverdale FC
Langley Utd Rangers Abbotsford Utd SC
Temple United Abbotsford Arsenal
Surrey FC Caps Surrey Strikers FC

Titan4Life

Mar 24, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

Almost finalized our team after an exhibition last night. Picked up a lot of youth this year (17-21) and skill. If we can gel quickly we hope to challenge for the division title. If we aren't top 3/4 it would be a dissapointment.

Steve, thanks for the kind words. We found a replacement to try to fill your big shoes who seems pretty good. But we will definately take you back next year.

Franchise, come on....we will likely draw as per usual for the last upteen years in week 1.

elbowroom

Oct 26, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money

Arsenal should be good this year...they picked up our striker from last season.

dutch13

Feb 5, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: FVSL Div 3A

from what I hear, pies might be short as well. Maybe you guys can just play on a mini's field? 7 on 7?

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

that would be awesome haha. Always sucks having to scramble first game in. Alteast we know the cooler will have good numbers.

Kevin Hector

Apr 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

You can call players up cascade you Cnut can't wait to warm the bench for the mighty Rams...er....Phoenix ;)

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Tried it Cnut. nationals and another nfs team play same time but at westview, u21 is in aldergrove. just have to suck it up and play with what we got. Excited for the local NFS Darby though I must say. looking forward to seeing the General will be on the pitch;)

elbowroom

Oct 26, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money

BC United 0 Gunners 10

Out classed in every position on the field. 3 starting guys leave the first 20 min with injuries and My star player CM MIA. Bob has put together a very good squad... 3 set play goals from the corner flags in the first half.
FML..its gonna be a long year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0