Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 3 [FVSL Div 3] Results and Banter 2011-12 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
We'll find out who the best team is after cup play is done in march.
way to waffle ... hope the pickets don't hurt the rectum too much from that fence yer on !

And cup round means little ... it's a one game shot, and any team can beat any other on any day... never meant anything to me. Winning the league means everything! The best team is the one that ends up in first place in the division, it's the team that consistently averaged the best over the entire season against ALL teams, not just a hot team in the final weeks ... Yes Abby will be the best in 3B, and I predict Celtic will be in 3A, Maybe even tied with Gunners, but to pick one over the other as the best of Div 3 can't legitimately done with any confidence unless they play the season together against the same teams. And like I said, even cup play doesn't cut it... too many variables... bad day, missing key players, ref, field condition .. all things people write off as "no excuses" and say they "mean nothing" or "a good team will prevail if it's truly the best" are all crap... any and all of these factors mean alot ... take the Sedin's out of the line up and see how far the team goes... And everyone knows how the rules change in NHL playoff games, and the same happens in local soccer.... refs let things go more due to not wanting to decide the game... players have other commitments and can't make even playoff games, and field conditions (especially at that time of year) can be a great equalizer between skill level.

Ok, rant done... new prediction:
1) Abby
2) Gunners
3) Celtic

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
How is this statment even close to accurate? Inter doesnt play physical, nor does nomads, nor does coyotes.

Abby would be top 4 no question based on skill.

Teams that play physical in div 2 are the teams that cant match up speed and talent levels...which forces them to adapt game plan

Based on the game I saw them play against my old team. My old team plays physical. They were winning, and then the game was abandoned because Abby had a hissy fit about it and started trying to fight everyone. Although they do have to replay the last 10 minutes of the game before their next one, so maybe they can still pull out the win.

Lovers

Jan 31, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Based on the game I saw them play against my old team. My old team plays physical. They were winning, and then the game was abandoned because Abby had a hissy fit about it and started trying to fight everyone. Although they do have to replay the last 10 minutes of the game before their next one, so maybe they can still pull out the win.

Wow buddy. You just lost all credibilty. Abby wasnt happy but it was the rugby team that represents surrey that started most of the confrontations. And ended with the Rugby team storming the field surrounding the keeper who just got slide tackeld in the belly by there player. If you were really at the game then TTP is your thing not soccer

dutch13

Feb 5, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cup also comes down to the draw. Seen a lot of teams go far based on that alone. Where are those illogical super rankings that people with too much time on their hands used to put up on TTP? Only that can settle the argument of who is the best fraser valley div 3 soccer team IN THE WORLD.

Guru, whats the shape of your field these days? I'm thinking December 10th could be a real muck show on that grass field. No change rooms put a real damper on whats most important to FVSL div 3 - post game bevvys.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow buddy. You just lost all credibilty. Abby wasnt happy but it was the rugby team that represents surrey that started most of the confrontations. And ended with the Rugby team storming the field surrounding the keeper who just got slide tackeld in the belly by there player. If you were really at the game then TTP is your thing not soccer

I find it funny that the team with more red cards the last 2 years than anyone else is blaming the other team. They play hard no doubt, but like I said, you guys whine and bitch at ANY contact, and it gets worse when you're losing. We played them the exact same way last year and it was a good, clean (but physical game). As soon as you guys started being cheap, they'll get you back. Maybe take a shoulder to shoulder like a man and it would be OK.

dutch13

Feb 5, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think the main question is, why is a soccer team playing a rugby team? thats just weird.

I blame the multipurpose facilities. With so many activities going on in these multi-pitch parks, it was only a matter of time some team ended up unbeknownst playing a rugby team or girls field hockey squad. If the FVSL wants any credibility in the world of soccer they must strive for soccer specific stadiums.

Lovers

Jan 31, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
I find it funny that the team with more red cards the last 2 years than anyone else is blaming the other team. They play hard no doubt, but like I said, you guys whine and bitch at ANY contact, and it gets worse when you're losing. We played them the exact same way last year and it was a good, clean (but physical game). As soon as you guys started being cheap, they'll get you back. Maybe take a shoulder to shoulder like a man and it would be OK.

All those red came in one game last year and yes they whine and bitch a bit much but contact they can take. problem is when u go in for a "shoulder to shoulder" hit by the time you have thought of it and then your brain has processed it the Abby player is past you and u still hit them. Just cause you think you are hitting them shoulder to shoulder doesnt actually mean you are quick enought to do it. Most of the "shoulder to shoulder" hits you speak of in that game was in the backs of the Abby players.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cup also comes down to the draw. Seen a lot of teams go far based on that alone. Where are those illogical super rankings that people with too much time on their hands used to put up on TTP? Only that can settle the argument of who is the best fraser valley div 3 soccer team IN THE WORLD.

Guru, whats the shape of your field these days? I'm thinking December 10th could be a real muck show on that grass field. No change rooms put a real damper on whats most important to FVSL div 3 - post game bevvys.

The fields not bad, no puddles or anything like that, no changerooms unfortunately, but we have sweet dugouts.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
All those red came in one game last year and yes they whine and bitch a bit much but contact they can take. problem is when u go in for a "shoulder to shoulder" hit by the time you have thought of it and then your brain has processed it the Abby player is past you and u still hit them. Just cause you think you are hitting them shoulder to shoulder doesnt actually mean you are quick enought to do it. Most of the "shoulder to shoulder" hits you speak of in that game was in the backs of the Abby players.

I find that even more impressive that they'd somehow be able to put their shoulder into your back. Skill and quickness required for that. I'm also a little blind, which is how I must have missed all the shoulders in the backs on every tackle. My bad.

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Just more stats that don't mean much... and I know that was tongue up my cheek...

My field is in fantastic shape.... the weather never plays a factor ! 'cept snow... in which both teams just make forts and toss empties.... Never ever seen it mucky ... and why would it? ?

haters

Nov 1, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money

i like it how u think your old team plays physical lol. theres a big difference between playing physical and being to slow to keep up with the play so u hit everyone after they make a pass or when u catch up to them. I was at the game and i remember watching a 25 minute span where every time number 8 hardeep made a pass he would get take out, now tell me how is that physical. and for the "hissy fit" your guy slid into r keeper and if protecting r keeper is a hissy fit then i would hate to have u on my team. i also remember it was ur fans that ran onto the field and started the fight.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
i like it how u think your old team plays physical lol. theres a big difference between playing physical and being to slow to keep up with the play so u hit everyone after they make a pass or when u catch up to them. I was at the game and i remember watching a 25 minute span where every time number 8 hardeep made a pass he would get take out, now tell me how is that physical. and for the "hissy fit" your guy slid into r keeper and if protecting r keeper is a hissy fit then i would hate to have u on my team. i also remember it was ur fans that ran onto the field and started the fight.
Thats alot of food, did he have it delivered? And what's his restaraunt of choice? I hope he shared with everyone.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

While I'm sure some guys are slow, majority of that team are either formal cup finalists (the cup that you couldn't make the final in), or former VMSL prem players. I highly doubt they have all become ridiculously slow over the past 2 years to the point where you guys are leaving them all in the dust. If they are all turtles how come you were losing?

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
While I'm sure some guys are slow, majority of that team are either formal cup finalists (the cup that you couldn't make the final in), or former VMSL prem players. I highly doubt they have all become ridiculously slow over the past 2 years to the point where you guys are leaving them all in the dust. If they are all turtles how come you were losing?

That surrey team was useless, only one player that was good for you back then was Corey and he isn't playing for them. I've played against Abby and with them, they've been the same team since they were real young and i can gaurentee they would beat the Nomads, i already said i cant judge weather they're better than the Gunners or Celtic but i have played your team and i don't know what you call physical? But a bunch of guys talking about how much the other team suck when they're losing and lost to them in the past isn't physical. Stop worrying about how bad Abby are and worry about your mid pack team. Realistically your team won't win the presidents cup neither but if you two meet, i'd pick Abby.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0