Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [FVSL Div. 2] Results & Banter - Oct. '05

Which table's standings will be the tightest, top to bottom, by month's end?

• 2A

Votes: 6 15.0%
  • 2B

Votes: 9 22.5%
  • 2C

Votes: 25 62.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Man oh man, I falter one week and you're all over my ass...didn't know you all cared so much ;) .

No MOTW this week, I've simply run out of time, and quite frankly it is a bit too late now. I will have them done Monday nights from here on out, if not Sunday evenings if the recent form of the standings being finalised then continues. Again, apologies boys, but shite happens.

Btw...Port Moody 2-2 DFC...my 2C prediction. :D

~Shaven

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
shaven said:
Man oh man, I falter one week and you're all over my ass...didn't know you all cared so much ;) .

No MOTW this week, I've simply run out of time, and quite frankly it is a bit too late now. I will have them done Monday nights from here on out, if not Sunday evenings if the recent form of the standings being finalised then continues. Again, apologies boys, but shite happens.

~Shaven

DFC3-1. port moody is average and have always been overated.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
shaven said:
~Shaven

Not even close....Moody has gotten weaker then last year....they are missing some key defensemen that made them tough to beat. DFC if they ever get there shite together for one week besides the week they played us will win this game hands down. Moody is is a whole different team on grass....they don't move the ball around well and look very much out of place when the ball isn't on a smooth surface.

I am going DFC all the way 4-1.

Kevin Hector

Apr 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
canuckboy said:
KH I'm just curious. Do you hoar yourself out to DFC exclusively? We at Poco City are having a Chrismas Party and Dominion/United/Athletic/Pacific need someone to err satisfy the less desirables of the teams (yeah thats all of us). Do you take cash or cheque?

DFC??? nah GEU smart ass well for the record I play/coach the Rams in Div2 I signed Div3 so I could just play and have some fun and I have been called up to play for the Wolfs as my friend runs that team and my old coach called me to go play Cat last weekend and I scored one does that help you allstar?

bored

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
shaven said:
I falter one week and you're all over my ass...
Me thinks thats by design
shaven said:
Btw...Port Moody 2-2 DFC...my 2C prediction.
~Shaven
You're dreaming, Pomo will start to slide in the standings this weekend. There can be only one.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
My writter gets back into town soon, Bored. In the meantime, I have to go with what works.

KNVB's a cnut,

~Dude.

bored

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
There may be some objections but I'd say this was Celtic's best effort to date. The score was only 3-1 (by 2 as predicted) but really it could have been by six - if the Dewd's up front ever get it together some of these results could be ugly. Pomo is not bad for sure but they were beat worse than the scorline would indicate.

I will have a better feel for the league after next weeks game against Delta. That could be a big E.

The Christian Kids that played the other Dewds today looked good, the reffing didn't, but you get that.

Kevin Hector

Apr 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
GEU Rams 1 LUFC 3 so there Soccermom 6-1 as if give us some credit, Dude's hair was on form and we had them 1-1 until the last 15 then they scored on an offside that the ref appologized to us after and they scored one with about 2 or 3 minutes left as we got caught pressing LUFC are a strong team that play the body and move the ball well

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The ref really needed to just Get On With just focusing on the game, and not being the show. If he would just Get On With It in the future, he would get a lot more respect. Terrible all the way around, right from the opening whistle. He missed several hand balls, a couple in the box. He let several late tackles go as well. I wouldn't call him a homer, because he was the shits both ways.

As for the Rams, good group of younger / mid 20s players. Solid guys, no problem whatsoever with their aggressiveness. I can't say we ever felt really threatened, with the exception of the PK (questionable as well), but they sure made the final result difficult to come by. Give them a couple of decent strikers, and they'll be a much better squad.

I think in the end, the score line was just. We fought it all game, had trouble creating solid scoring opportunities, and were frustrated for much of the first half. The game works so much better for us when we keep possession.

walls

Feb 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
bored said:
There may be some objections but I'd say this was Celtic's best effort to date. The score was only 3-1 (by 2 as predicted) but really it could have been by six - if the Dewd's up front ever get it together some of these results could be ugly. Pomo is not bad for sure but they were beat worse than the scorline would indicate.

I will have a better feel for the league after next weeks game against Delta. That could be a big E.

The Christian Kids that played the other Dewds today looked good, the reffing didn't, but you get that.
i object............

Get On With It

Sep 20, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude said:
The ref really needed to just Get On With just focusing on the game, and not being the show. If he would just Get On With It in the future, he would get a lot more respect. Terrible all the way around, right from the opening whistle. He missed several hand balls, a couple in the box. He let several late tackles go as well. I wouldn't call him a homer, because he was the shits both ways.
QUOTE]

Dude, Thanks for the compliment I try my best to be the show as that is my main point in being there. You know it is all about me! I enjoyed having to listen to certain players from both teams spewing at me all night. I asked nicely I asked not so nicely (yes I was disrespectful) and where that get me in either situation? Constant complaints after EVERY call not some of the calls. I may be one of the few refs who try and use this site and improve for YOU the player. I will take my share of crap on the field and in here but guys on every call? I must be doing something right as I have done games from the second weekend of the season and have seen any complaints here.

I invite anyone who thinks they have the balls to go out and make split decisions where you will make 11 plyers happy and 11 players choked on a regular basis to take up the profession.

Thanks for giving me credit on letting your 2nd goal stand, a decsion you must have been able to make without little thought Mr. Dude seeing how you are the TTP god and all. Grow some balls and do my job at this level for a while than come on here and sit behind your little keyboard and complain about the refs! Maybe next time you could walk up to me and say Hi I'm Dude and I will be wearing # 8 tonight! Just so I can compliment you on how wonderful a player you are!

Thanks again for letting me know that I had a shitty game! I appreciate your wisdom oh mighty TTP KING! :bronco:

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Klenex?

The way I see it, if the 2nd was offside, it was a make-up for a very weak PK.

Besides, I had no idea you were reffing...stab in the dark, actually.

Frodo

Oct 16, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Slider said:
you suck ref

I Agree!!

There are far too few decent refs in Div. 2. We've had the same atrocious ref twice in a row (for me anyway, as I missed 1 game in there), not to mention the hoard of other bad refs. I'm not complaining 'cause the ref's caused us to lose (as this is clearly NOT the case) but, it's unfortunate how the quality of ref can affect the quality of the game. Far too many of our games have become all about retaliation and hurting players instead of simply playing a game of soccer. It all stems from the refs not handing out cards when they're needed and dealing with hack players before it escalates, which leads to players taking matters into their own hands; or feet if you will :D . In conclusion...we need better refs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0