Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [FVSL Div. 2] Results & Banter - Oct. '05

Which table's standings will be the tightest, top to bottom, by month's end?

• 2A

Votes: 6 15.0%
  • 2B

Votes: 9 22.5%
  • 2C

Votes: 25 62.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
How does JTL feel about turf?

Personally, I know the turf has actually extended my playing days, given we get to train on it rather than gravel. The gravel was physically destroying me mid-to-late in the season. Some of the sessions KNVB and LFC2 put us through the last two seasons would have been pure hell on gravel. Honestly, I think that acquiring access to the MAP turf field was a huge factor in our winning the Pak and Prem division back-to-back. Many of the players LFC2 brought in probably would have had second thoughts had gravel been in the equation.

Thus, because we train on the stuff, I tend to prefer it over most grass pitches available. We've found that we can use the speed to our advantage, plus it's become predictable. That field out at Pitt Meadows, have to agree, would be ideal. It's a great pitch. Yes, in an ideal world, we'd have immaculate, fresh, green, and cut grass fields every day.

See the Gunners took out Aldergrove. I knew this one would be close. Seems that if we plan on winning our group, we'll have to be perfect here on in. Don't see these guys losing to anyone else- except for hopefully one team- the rest of the way now. They get Aldergrove on their turf, and likely won't take anyone lightly again like the did the Royals, either.

canuckboy

Oct 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ditto Dude. Training on Reeves gravel absolutely killed me. Half the team had shin splints. Reeves turf is great to practice on. As for games give me Mundy 4 about 15 years ago. Too bad most grass fields are crap.

Sunday we had a teammate wear mittens for the entire game. My question is what should his punishment be?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Use a special "stir stick" at the next team function to mix his rum and coke. I hear poor Utah was victim to that one as a young mitten wearing rookie at Surrey United.

Now, his teammates just wisk away his Mrs, and get her all randied up on the dance floor. Who was that guy, and where did he learn those moves?

Anyone see my jacket and keys, BTW?

walls

Feb 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
buddy with mittens saying he'd "take care" of our whole team.................priceless!!!
Nationals 2-1 Poco City Athletic.
updated standings up on the mediocre sight.

canuckboy

Oct 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
walls said:
buddy with mittens saying he'd "take care" of our whole team.................priceless!!!
Nationals 2-1 Poco City Athletic.
updated standings up on the mediocre sight.

As you guys saw we were probably more pissed than you with mittens actions. Your keep was yapping at him, but he has played long enough to know to shut his yap and score a goal. Christ he was only offside about 14 times. I was playing right D and had two breakaways... onside. (didn't score, that's why i play D).

Whoever plays the Nationals should know get ready unrelenting offside traps. Beatable... if you have players that don't wear mittens.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wolves 1 Lions 2

I got one early about 5 minutes in....Moody came back with 2. Our keep played one hell of a game made big stop after big stop. I will take the full blame for the loss as I miss a parial breakaway with ten minutes to go and failed on a PK with no time left. .....Feel like a bag of shite as we should of won this game :(

Props to Jonny on the nice save off the PK.....last year scored one on him when he dove before I shot....I again tried to go down the middle but I guess he has a good memory ;)

bored

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Franchise said:
Props to Jonny on the nice save off the PK.....last year scored one on him when he dove before I shot....I again tried to go down the middle but I guess he has a good memory ;)
How many times did it bounce before he made this spectacular save?

canuckboy

Oct 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
2C is crazy close. Check out the scores no one is losing by more than 1. (except the Titans and first few from the Wolves). Christ Coquitlam is second to last, three one goal loses and two ties. After a third of the season I think Coquitlam was the best team we played. Interested to see this weekend if the Lions can reel DFC back into the pack.

Cantuzzi

Sep 23, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Aldergrove 4 PM 5

Good game a real old fashion shoot out Im pretty sure we deserved a tie they got a lucky break on the last goal the ball was bouncing out hit the corner flag stayed in they crossed it into the box few wierd bounces and its in the net... the goals came fast and furious in the first hafe both teams working the ball around nicely they used the overlap perfectly on the right side although I swear the third goal was offside also just checking if your left back got his undies back after I nut megged him and then slotted past the keeper? no? anyways good game by both teams look forward to the rematch... on to the royals this week...

cheers
Cantuzzi #10

walls

Feb 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
almost half way through the week, yet no MOTW thread.......and only three games to choose from last week????? has someone lost his love for the game????

Backline16

Mar 1, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
canuckboy said:
Whoever plays the Nationals should know get ready unrelenting offside traps. Beatable... if you have players that don't wear mittens.

We only play offside traps against strikers wearing mittens. :)

#7player

Sep 29, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
walls said:
almost half way through the week, yet no MOTW thread.......and only three games to choose from last week????? has someone lost his love for the game????

interesting...wonder what happened there...shaven whats up guy.. one suggestion how come i cant see who voted for what on this thread and i can for every other thread........ walls..3days bro get bloody ready....

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
bored said:
Nearly as good as spanking you guys 6-1.

Well seeing how thats the first time you have ever beaten us congrats but next time will be different we will have all our guys and our keep is back from the broken digits. I give you props for having 8 out 11 premier players from Poco in your starting line-up..you guys are sure taking it to teams....it's like blowout after blowout.

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
#7player said:
interesting...wonder what happened there...shaven whats up guy

I am busy boys...you'll just have to be patient...I committed to you all to have it done sometime Tuesdays, and I'm still within that. I'll try and do them on Sunday/Monday, but it depends on what else I've got going on.

Unlike Walls, I don't have all day at my job to keep up with TTP. I do what I can.

#7player.. one suggestion how come i cant see who voted for what on this thread and i can for every other thread....[/QUOTE said:
Bro, I used to do that, most of last season...this season I've decided to go the other way and just post polls whith percentages, and honestly you're the first person who's said something. Besides, most guys will post within the thread which way they vote if there's a thread attached anyway, in my experience. So, I decided to add a little mystery and guesswork this season.

~Shaven

utah

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Know your busy Shaven, but the schedule is now out weeks in advance. Getting the match of the week up by wednesday is a couple of days late. Especially whan you only post three games anyway? :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts