Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

FVSL 2003/2004 Rumours and Stuff.

crafty cokcney

Nov 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
THOUGHTS TO PONDER

Knvb, Downtown all good points. To say hearing the news hit a nerve would be an understatement

Time for a valium and a few pints TGIF.

Cheers

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Again, I totally see your side. But.....
I don't think our coach blinded us or anything. We as a team of buddies wanted to stick together. I think half the reason why he left the club was so we could stick togther and not let you take the top players away from a team he has been coaching for so many years. He wanted to have this team stick together just as much as we the players did. I don't know what you meant by us shitting ourselves when some were asked to play premier. I think many of the guys would have loved to but then again they wanted to be on a team full of friends that could get pissed up together after games. Ya know?
What coach wouldn't want to have a team grow up together and slowly get to premier together. And in saying all this, don't take anything personal. I totally understand your points, but just trying to explain ours. GO LIONS GO!

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Question?

LION,
If you guys wanted to stay together as a team and make it to premeir as a team, then why would you have played in the CAT division last season?

:confused:

downtown

Dec 2, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Beer time it is

Enjoy a few cold ones Crafty, and then think of the plus side. No more negatives inside the club to deal with (other than Milhouse, but you know.....), keep the angry attitude towards the Lions, and just let us know when the first Friday night game at JO will be held between the two sides. I'll even run a beer garden for that one - profits to the Rangers kitty of course........;)

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Interesting dilemma - who will win here?

I think this whole thing lies with how the league treated the Lions and Storm debacle last year.
I think it's somewhat of an isolated situation.
Putting them in CAT in the first place caused this problem.
I'm not saying they were wrong, I'm just saying it created the problem.

I agree with Crafty, in theory.
You should have to earn through promotion.
But nowadays, you have too many teams who should go up but they never do.
I hate those fcuking cnuts. :D
Spots are bought and sold also.
So, what's the right answer?
Do you strenghthen the FVSL or do you do what's 'right'?

LION, in all due repsect the Prez cups are great but really on a promotion stance it doesn't have much merit.
Especially when all the other Div. 1 sides went into the Pak last year.
And, correct me if I'm wrong, did you or the Storm win your league last year?

I've been in this league for fcuk knows how long now - too fcuking long I guess.
Promotion/demotion has always been contentious and rules have changed yearly I think.
No disrespect to the league but I challenge anyone to contradict me here.

Crafty makes excellent points and so does LION and surprisingly downtown. ;)

We all wait with baited breath now eh?

PS - Go back to bed downtown ya sleepy dodged cnut. :D

downtown

Dec 2, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sorry RF...first Friday in awhile where I actually got to bed prior to 3am the night before. Now that you've finished your posting (we hope), wipe the grease off the keyboard and go back to your bucket of KFC....extra crrrrispy of course. :p And remember I know where you live...............................I mean besides the KOB kitchen..........

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
As a neutral person, I have to take Crafty's side on this one. If the Lions came into the Delta club, then their best players should be available for the team in the club who is playing in the highest division. If you wanted to keep the team together because you are all 'buddies' then you should have paid your dues in the second division or whatever division you have been asked to play in. Sure it sucks, but sometimes things in life have to be earned. We could have bought a spot two years ago in the first division but made a point of saying if we didn't earn promotion,then we didn't deserve to be there. We earned promotion and are hoping to do the same this year.

That will be my FVSL input for awhile but remember this is just from an outsider looking in.

BTW, Crafty, how is your ankle after that challenge last night? It was a bit of a shambles that tackle....

Captain

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ranger,
I am not saying that the Prez cup is the greatest merit or however you put it. But I think it shows that we are one of the strong div.1 teams. We only lost 2 games last year and tied 2 others. Anywayz, what other teams have come up that are Premier worthy teams. I don't hear of many. I think we are ready for the next step. I agree teams should be promoted in to the spot properly etc. etc. But that is just how the ball bounces. And we just got the right bounces I guess. Who else was the league going to put in prem?

Yoda?
We were put in Cat because the league wasn't going to put us in Div.4 cause that would have been a joke, and they needed teams to fill it. Just like the Storm was put in there. We still wanted to play some competitive soccer, not get injured up in Div. 4. And now look,, it seemed to have all worked out for us huh?
Now in Premier. WOW!!

So, what other team would you people have put in premier. I am curious to know.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lion

You actually tied 4 games and lost two last year. ;)
65 goals for is quite impressive also.

My point mate is not that are you not worthy.
I think you know full well how much I like your team.
I didn't like the three goals you stuffed past us last week, but nonetheless I rate you and your team.

The debate here is, is the process right?
And my point was I had none, just that it was an interesting dilemma and everyone's comments here had merit.
I'm on the fence on this one.

Yes, you are one the best teams in Divison 1.
Certainly not the best though. ;)
I don't think a President's Cup proves that.
Playing in Division 1, not CAT, for a year would have proved that.
That's like me saying we could easily compete in Premier because we've gone to the Pak final three years in a row.
It's a tournament, not a full year of consistent committment.

Also, by the way your talking, you appear to be saying it's a done deal - You're in.
If so, well done and good luck.

To answer your question, the other possible teams I would have rated to have made the jump (Other than you and the Storm) maybe would have been Alouette and Aldergrove.
Clubs that were there a year or so ago and who fared well in Div. 1.

Cheerio and back to my bucket of KFC,

RF

Rex

Jul 24, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Crafty your being a baby !!!!

So are the Rangers & Delta Lions , Aldergrove, GN Sport all going to have Cat teams for next season ! Otherwise we are going to have a shitty Cat league again . The league voted on keeping the Cat league so they should make all the Premier teams have a Cat team or they can't play in the Premier division .

Or just set one set of rules on everything Promotion , Relagation & Cat Teams & stick to there guns with it . If teams don't like it they can go elsewhere to play if they did this people wouldn't be asking all these questions they would already know the answers! To many people in this league & the other leagues know they can get away with things so they do it !!

Cheers

Rex:)

crafty cokcney

Nov 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
BTW, Crafty, how is your ankle after that challenge last night? It was a bit of a shambles that tackle....

Captain [/B]

I'm glad you see that ! To play 90 minutes after playing a Nations Cup weekend and a trip to Seattle all in the same week is huge for a lad my age. I was hoping you would lace them up on Thursday, but I here you are nursing a knee injury. Good luck with the injury, hope you are ready to go at the start of the season.

Regards

Crafty

crafty cokcney

Nov 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by Rex
Crafty your being a baby !!!! Rex:)

Rex, I have to commend you for being so frank with your post. I'm not sure who you are, but obviously you feel that I am out of line. However, I did not understand the message you were trying to send. Maybe you could elaborate.

As far as the CAT league is concerned, most Premier teams will not have CAT teams next year.

Cheers

Skytrain

Aug 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: DELTA LIONS

Originally posted by Crafty Cokcney
I have no problem with you guys playing Premier, but you've got to earn it like everybody else. Can you guys play Premier, probably, do you deserve to, no fukcing way. Go to Div 2 and win it, then go to Div 1 and win it...then, and then only, do you deserve to play Premier. If you win a couple more Prez cups on the way that's great, but pay your dues.

Don't often agree with Crafty;) . But well said.

skytrainlookingforwardtoplayingtherangersthisyear

Rex

Jul 24, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Skyflame !

When is Poco City getting there tryouts started ? Or getting there teams out ? Are you guys losing any players to other teams?

Crafty

So what you are saying is alot of the premier teams are not going to have a Cat team . This is a joke because everybody at the AGM meeting voted to keep the Cat league ( why don't people speak up at these meetings) so now like last season there will only be like 5 teams in the Cat League what a joke !!!!

Cheers

Rex

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Crafty,

Hint: AU Razor, Razorbacks, Mr. Fuge's secret admirerer(sp?). That should outta do it.

TheNob

crafty cokcney

Nov 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Skyflame !

Originally posted by Rex
so now like last season there will only be like 5 teams in the Cat League what a joke !!!!

Cheers

Rex

I agree with you, it is a joke. I have explained to the FVSL executive and here on TTP, in length how , in my opinion, the CAT league does not work. The league can not make it mandatory for all Premier teams to have a CAT team, so for those that choose to use it to their advantage...good. It also gives the league the ability to place any breakaway teams a spot in to make up the numbers.:confused:

Cheers

Balsa

Mar 16, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lion

Congrats on your "promotion". It was totally earned:rolleyes: Now don't take any of this personally as you know I like the guys on your squad but......

All our team wanted to do was stick together and make it to Premier as a team of good friends. We have been together for many many years and we didn't want to be dismantled. So we chose to stay together and see where we could go together. We are best of friends on and off the field and who would want to break that core up.

So now what happens when your coach and top players realize that half your team is only good enough to be border line Div 1 players? Face it Lion, you have a strong young core of 5 or 6 guys and that is it. With a few others that can get by on the coat tails of your better core. Your attitude is going to have to change if you guys want to be a premier squad. It's about competing to win, not coddling your buddies mediocre talent.

How will you feel when your scoring goals and trying to help your team compete weekly and your "buddy" is constantly getting skinned and causing your team to give up goals in boat loads. You and your better guys will get pissed off right? Suddlenly you have to decide on your pals being on the pitch and hurting your team or cutting them and finding better players to help your team move to the next level.

I hope you guys do well but I think you will realize quickly that your team of buddies will be dismantled within a year or two if you guys really want to take the next step.

Please don't compare yourselves to the Rangers. Yes they have succeeded as buddies but the difference in talent is not worth even mentioning.

crafty cokcney

Nov 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
ANSWER ME THIS

LION and any other Delta Lions players that belong to TTP,

After reviewing your comments and having time to ponder on my thoughts, I have a few questions for you guys and your team.

It appears that you left our club because you wanted a shot at Premier as a group and being part of the Delta Men's Soccer program was not going to work for your team. So off you go and try to go it alone. However, after finding out that as a single entity you are unable to have any recognition at all with Delta Parks for field allocations. After this little wake up you call, you suddenly become part of a brand new club called North Delta Men's Soccer along with three (3) North Delta U-21 teams. As the primiary team within this club, what is your intentions with these U-21 teams..?

1) Obviously by your previous comments you want to compete in Premier with your buddies so where do these lads go when their ready to come out of U-21..?

2) Are you just using these U-21 teams so you guys look like a club and you think by having these teams you will have more clout with Delta Parks to get field allocations..?

3) Where are you guys going to play next season...?

This little charade is becoming more and more transparent.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
New club

Being that none of them are in the vicinity of the previously mentioned new club names i listed, they will create a new club called SurDel Mens Soccer club and go it alone. Of course as you mentioned, they will have no feeder teams or youth coming up so they will struggle each year to compete.

Only problem is that the way things are going with the FVSL they probably will never get relegated to Div 1 because there arent' enough teams to fill spots every year so they wouldn't have a choice but to keep them in Premier.

For curiousity sake, when's the last time a team got relegated from Premeir or promoted from Div 1 to Premeir?

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0