Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

FVSL 2003/2004 Rumours and Stuff.

Santos_L_Halper

Apr 4, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't understand why everyone is against the Lions. It was the leagues decision to promote us. Yeah, we asked for it but we would have been happy competing in div. 1 and trying to win a spot next year. So when the prem. spot was offered, obviously we took it.

Everyone on here has made some valid arguements on both sides, and I agree with balsa about losing some of our guys to be competetive(sp.) I'm glad he pulled his nose out of the Rangers arse to post:D .

Also I heard Aldergrove mentioned as going up as well. They finished under .500 last year and in about 6th or 7th place and noone is bitching about them being undeserving. They didn't "earn it" either. Also I think Crafty and co. leaving would be a tragedy for the fvsl. they are a strong young team as they showed last year with the pak win. If you hate us so much, then stay and show us on the park.

I also don't think this would be an issue if the Storm were promoted instead of us. We don't seem to get much respect around here.

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by Santos_L_Halper

Also I heard Aldergrove mentioned as going up as well. They finished under .500 last year and in about 6th or 7th place and noone is bitching about them being undeserving. They didn't "earn it" either.

They have been around a long time in the FVSL as a "club". Thats more than half the earning there.

Rex

Jul 24, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
They Been Around A Long Time !

Aldergrove going to Premier !!

They will have to do alot of changes if they plan to even compete up there ! A long time ago Aldergrove had a good team . The team we played last season was very disorganized & were lucky to pull out the wins & ties they got. I think moving up the Lions was a good move for the league there a good side & could compete against any of the premier teams on any given day !
Congrats
North Delta Lions

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yoda:

Two seasons ago, Surrey United and Aldergrove were dropped, and Langley was promoted. At the same time, Alouette demoted themselves.

This season, the Rangers could have gone up through promotion, but I think they wanted to ensure they had the two squads, so in essence they take SFC's spot from last year.

What's the latest on SFC? Peg cat team?

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Santos, a good point made.
Seems everyone is a bunch of haters when it comes to the young Lions being promoted. I asked before, and I will ask again, what other teams do you think deserved being promoted other then the Lions?

Balsa, I see your point on some the team getting deeper. I think we have more then 5 or 6 guys that can play the game though. One thing that we discussed that we agreed on is that we need some older vets. But I think Cheddar will do!:D

Oscar Goldman

Mar 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lion Lubber....

Okay..I’ve has just recovered from the Highlanders’ early exit in the Pakenham Cup. It’s now time to vent…my therapist says it will aid in the healing process. So here goes:

The Lions are now in Premier? What gives…? I understand the league’s perspective as they are trying to bolster a thin line up of teams but this act serves to undermine the credibility of that division. The spot should be earned. A run through 2nd and 3rd division teams does not prove much. The move should also test the fortitude of those Lions…they are not currently deep enough to win consistently in Premier. John will have to make cuts…that scene will be more emotional than the last episode for Party of Five (didn’t every character die in that final episode….they should have). Just a note to Tim, Kevan, Scott, Brent, Corrado, Kelly, Gibson…..the great ship Highlander has sailed…no more space for you after John taps you on the shoulder. Perhaps, John will be inspired by Homer Simpson’s delicate approach with Bart’s football team….Brent, I really liked your effort….you're cut. Kelly..cut…Gibson…definitely cut…Scott you’re my son and I love you…CUT!

The Rangers…what the hell is going on with them? The latest has them playing in the 4th division so they can play in the President’s Cup this year. Any truth to that RF…Coach? If you guys are staying in Div. 1, I’ll need to know the date of our first match. It’s required by the Surrey Law Courts so that I can secure a restraining order on Coach….I was at the courthouse and oddly enough, there is a special application and department for Cormac Restraining Orders…apparently they are in high demand.

The Highlanders….they may not suck this year. Sure we’ll lose countless points to the bottom feeders (Sorry GEU….now, that’s Black Night soccer!!!) but we may be destined to finish an even closer second to the Mighty Rangers. If McGill continues to finish his chances like he has his meals over the summer, we should be okay. Nick Besth has assured us that he may, might, probably, should, hopefully play for us. Take that to the bank baby! The Yappy Shitsu is back from retirement (among other things) and raring to throw his 147 pounds of twisted steal and sex appeal around. Yakemchuk has been working on his mule kicks, Rocco’s been practicing cutting oranges (he knows his role this year), Maxwell’s been eating the oranges that Rocco cuts, Clayton has been hanging out at Coyote Creek Golf Course…not playing golf, just buying beers he doesn’t even drink. Van Wilder has been “catching birds” and STD’s at the Merritt Mountain Fest…

Bring on the season….
Oscar the Vacillator

Milhouse

Apr 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
So the Premier looks like this:

Delta United
PA
Poco
GN
GEU
Chilliwack
Rangers
Langley
ND Lions
Aldergrove

The Lions will probably be battling Chilliwack and Langley for 7th.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
August comming up, and time to get serious. How gay...why can't summer be an extra month long? Can't we just add in another July?

Coach...you seem to have all the connections- talk to God, would you?

Rex

Jul 24, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Div 1 this coming season

should probably look like this :

Rangers
Poco City United
DM Highlanders
DFC Razorbacks
Poco Raiders
Surrey Sporting
LUFC
Whalley Storm
Poco City Hotspurs
Port Moody Fury

By the looks of it Div1 is going to be tough !

:)

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Oscar the Vacillator

Originally posted by Oscar Goldman
Okay..I’ve has just recovered from the Highlanders’ early exit in the Pakenham Cup.

The Yappy Shitsu is back from retirement (among other things) and raring to throw his 147 pounds of twisted steal and sex appeal around.

Quality post mate. :D
Again, not often, but brilliant.

I'm glad that you stated the Shitsu's intentions.
I was about to post that possibly he may not be coming back.
This was to be my hot FVSL rumour. :p

As Rex has stated, Div. 1 could be magic this year.

I'll be plying my trade in the 4th division...

Later chaps,

RF

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Interesting

That Div 1 field is interesting. Their is 1 key team missing though.

Where are the GEU Black Knights?

Luc, any comments? You guys should have a good season in Div 2.
:eek:

Argyle

Feb 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Interesting

Originally posted by Yoda
Where are the GEU Black Knights?
I thought that luc said that they were going to the premier division this year????;)

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
CAT

I am getting a feeling the CAT league is going to be short a few teams.

Who's left?

GEU
PA
Langley
POCO
Chilli
Aldergrove

Delta Lions are gone and Whalley is in Div 1 now so who's filling in their spots?

Rex

Jul 24, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Luc !

It has to suck that you guys are going into Div 2 next season ?
How many guys are going to stick around now ? Your coach should know you come in last or second to last you get relagated!

Cheers

Rex:D

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
all this talk about Delta and Surrey Storm deserving a premier spot to make the leauge stronger but I do remember Poco United finishing top spot in div. 1 two years ago and finishing in second behind the Rangers this year. I relize a club can only have one Premier spot but they deserved it more than the other two teams and the Lions never had to play United either years they won the Presidents.

Oscar Goldmanv STD'S ARE EVERYWHERE:bronco:

Rex

Jul 24, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
STD you are wrong !

The league voted at the AGM that you can have 2 premier teams from the same club which I think is a joke .

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
In regards to the Lions.

After sitting back and reading all the great banter regarding the lions promotion to premier.I can't help but think back to the year
1986,that's right 17 years ago.We belonged to North Delta soccer club,and the mens team was a very strong premier squad.Some of the players did not like the direction the team and the coach were taking,so about 8 of us set off to make up a new team.We were a very good new team,with alot of new young kids on board.Even though the league knew that we would be strong,we were told that we had to start off in div 3(the lowest league at the time.)We accepted our fate and year by year we climbed back up to the top!I like the Lions players and coach alot,but I feel that I have to agree with Crafty on this one.
Alot of teams had to do it the old fashion way by battling thier way through the weaker divisions,but that's the way you earn your right to be there.

Sorry boys,but that's the way it is!
Coach. :(

LucVanLierde

Not Bright
Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Div 2 u say, well at this stage of the game I don't really care; no ego , no worries. If all the key players stick around then It will still be a good year. I guess we will be the rangers of div 2.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0