Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Free Agent Frenzy!

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jason does know how to fight even at five eleven and 188.With Wolves he did not have to fight they head three mean guys doing the dirty work. He can score he can pass. He is like Rypien with bit better hands. Quick and smart. Fourth line player for a start. Better than some of the guys on the forth line now. Age is a factor, ho knows where he will fit.Moose most likekley.Cheers

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Back in the day, I think he beat out Brendan Morrison for the Hobey Baker award for top NCAA player. He's built in the same mould, similar player, never got a real good shot like BM did here.

Who knows. It's a shot at a player w/ obvious skills and a good pedigree. This is a move that can't hurt the team.

That being said, why would you put this guy on the 4th line? He would need a serious shot in a top 2 role to be effective at what he does. Sort of like Masson Raymond. From that stadpoint, we may never get a real shot.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jason does know how to fight even at five eleven and 188.With Wolves he did not have to fight they head three mean guys doing the dirty work.
Really, You have seen him fight? Can you post up a link to a you tube video, or something...nevermind, I'll do it for you...and....Winner winner, Chicken Dinner. You have no FCUKING Clue what you are talking about...
Jason Krog Hockey Stats, Salary and Fights

He has had 1 fight in his career, 1. And it was a turtle job against Jason Doig...Doig received a 5 for fighting and a game misconduct...Krog got two for roughing, which really means he turtled and got fed.

He can score he can pass. He is like Rypien with bit better hands. Quick and smart. Fourth line player for a start. Better than some of the guys on the forth line now. Age is a factor, ho knows where he will fit.
Well, for stacking up 112 points in the AHL in 80 games he damn well better be able to shoot and pass, unless Gretzky cloned himself and was bouncing pucks in off his ass all year... Better on the 4th line how? He is going to chase and hit guys, create energy? No...he is a career all-star in the Minors and a call up for depth if someone gets hurt from the top 6 forwards, that way they don't have to call up a guy like Jason Jaffray to be the second line centre when someone gets hurt like last year when Morrison got hurt

Moose most likekley.Cheers
Moose Most likely...Thank You Captain Obvious!
How is he like Rypien? Oh yeah, he can fight, but doesn't have too...because his teammates are tough...Exactly like Rypien...:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
Mr. Base, You need to stop posting.

You don't have the faintest idea about what you are talking about.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wrong, Meaning the Canucks have no problem waiving him because they have cap space...If they lose him it is no big deal, and paying half of little is still little...

I have a really strong feeling that barring a trade the Nucks are done with UFA's

I could see a deal for Nylander, maybe Vermette... But you are hedging your bets on Sundin, and if he makes Gillis wait untill Mid August/Spetember the Nucks are in trouble.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
As a coach and a player of both hockey and soccer i do know what i am talking about. Maybe yo do not undestand me. What i ment he did not have to fight last year there was other guys to take care of that type of play. Rypien head to to that to stay on a fouth line.Both Rypien and Crog a light wate guys in this league.That why i was posting if Canucks hdo not get onother tough guy most of these light wate guys will be on the sidelines looking in.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
As a coach and a player of both hockey and soccer i do know what i am talking about. Maybe yo do not undestand me. What i ment he did not have to fight last year there was other guys to take care of that type of play. Rypien head to to that to stay on a fouth line.Both Rypien and Crog a light wate guys in this league.That why i was posting if Canucks hdo not get onother tough guy most of these light wate guys will be on the sidelines looking in.

What is your resume Mr. Base? Do tell, fill us in.

Broken Ankles'ing your way around 8-Rinks with 25 other Legends in Their own minds doesn't count.

Where did you coach?

Krog has had 1 fight, in HIS CAREER not just last year...

Reading, along with writing, should be a pre-requisite for registration at TTP.

The Canucks do not need another tough guy.

They have Hordichuk signed up. He has fought and done well against some of the heaviest of heavy-weights in the NHL...Youtube has the evidence if you want to look. Parros, Boll, Shelly, Carcillo.

They have punching bag Cowan still on "the roster sheet" as Mr. Base puts it... Who is willing, but usually gets his lunch fed to him and instead of picking up momentum for his team he drains it

Davison can fight, but will not get more than 5 minutes of ice time in each of less than 70 games this year, so why count him

Rypien and Bieksa are also willing to throw them...

Who did you want taking up another spot on the 'roster sheet' Mr. Base? Someone to fight and not score?!

show us your Hockey IQ Mr. Base, do we need another scrapper to add to the 3-5 competent & willing guys we already have? Or go looking for someone that will score?!

beckhamandposh

Aug 8, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Vancouver Canucks has given Ron Delorme a one year extension to be the director of scouting. The Canucks did fire two amateur scouts, Barry Dean and Marios Marois.

Was I the only one that thought scouting is crucial and Gillass was gonna address the problem in the scouting department? Delorme is as smart as Mr. Base. Zero Hockey IQ

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well his record is garbage, the drafting standard in this hockey club has been pathetic for far too long.

I am still wondering how this man keeps his job...nevermind get an extension

beckhamandposh

Aug 8, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well his record is garbage, the drafting standard in this hockey club has been pathetic for far too long.

I am still wondering how this man keeps his job...nevermind get an extension

I always guess these guys are very Machiavellian. They get pictures of there boss in compromising positions. For example, Garth Snow must have something on Charles Wang to end up as GM of the Islander in such a short time. Terrible goalie and lacking of GM experience, yet, lands a coveted GM position with a storied franchise.

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Vancouver Canucks has given Ron Delorme a one year extension to be the director of scouting. The Canucks did fire two amateur scouts, Barry Dean and Marios Marois.

Was I the only one that thought scouting is crucial and Gillass was gonna address the problem in the scouting department? Delorme is as smart as Mr. Base. Zero Hockey IQ

I have been critical of Mike Gillis and his grandiose statements coming into Vancouver as GM, however he has sat down and reviewed expectations with his coach (and kept him) and with the head of scouting (and now kept him).

Did it ever occur to critics that perhaps this review showed that the scouts had it right with their ratings over the years but that the drafting decisions were made by others? That might explain Ron Delorme being kept on.

When you are new to an organization you can get rid of everyone and clearly there must have been a compelling reason for Gillis to keep him. It might be that Gillis is learning on the job and learning that you can't do it all by yourself.

----

On another note, why can't Ted Nolan last more than two years in the NHL before he can't keep friendly relations with the GM he works for. Granted like the tv guys suggest, he was and can be highly successful as a junior coach and have twice the freedom to call the shots on who plays and who doesn't.

Garth Snow is still a rookie GM so who knows maybe this is just a screw up on his part. The TV guys say Nolan wouldn't give the ice time to up and comers and Snow wants them to play so they parted ways. Granted Nolan had a year left on his deal but I doubt junior pays as much and they travels in less than 5 star hotels so going back to a junior can't be that good.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
It is like this lad.Born in soccer land groving up in cold BC. Played soccer in Europe played soccer here. Played hockey here coached both sports at very high amature levels. In the old days there was no money here in eather sport. None the same i do care about Canucks and i do know that Gillis will change this club for better. I see they gave Ron Delorm one more year extention, in my opinion a mistake. Bernier was a fatastic move all we need is one more like that. Calgary is going to be goom club this year we will need more help.We have one of the best keepers, our D is good, our third and fourth lines are good.Second line with Demitra, Bernier and Raymond is very good.Now he has to fix the first line. Bring in one more tough guy to help Hordichuk and a guy that can help twins and here we go. Jeff Schultz woud be the guy to shore the back line.Those guys woud take Bieksa.That would bring McIver in and all is good.
you can have all the skill you want but when things get rough if you do not have the tough guys many skilled guys get heart and point go sidways.Cheers

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I tried to get past the first five lines but I can't seem to find amature, fatastic, eather or goom club anywhere in the dictionary. On a side note when did keepers start playing hockey.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I am one more post from Mr Base to hitting "unsubscribe".

Regs...please....you can't hate us this much.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
How this guy could actually log in to a PC, figure out how to fire up a homepage and then navigate to Takethepiss.com is absolutely beyond me...

You would have thought it would have gone like this...

www.takeapist.cam
ww.tacdheliss.kom
wwww.taketehpidd.cm

*thinks to himself*
AH! i Gat Its... Takethepiss.com!!!

Now the real miracle is that he can actually navigate around the pages, reading posts, and then actually finding out how he can hit the post button...or is it...Maybe it has taken him years to figure this out...He started posting last month, but registered to the site in 05!!!!

:D :D :D

4STGMP

Feb 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
JBN - why are you even responding to Mr. NO-BasIS.

I simply scroll over his posts but unfortuneatly by reading yours I'm caught up in the same jibberish.

This thread is officially dead for me - it is JUNK

4ST OUT!!!!:bronco::bronco:

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0