Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Free Agent Frenzy!

Vaselos

Apr 19, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
He was scoring in New Jersey; with Demitra and the potential signing of Sundin the Canucks suddenly have three lines with the Sedins and Kesslers line.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wao posh i can not belive it.You must be damaged person beond repairs.And even more not a Canadian.Are you sure you not American war deserter.
Try posative way.They just opened up a pefact place foor you on Canada way and Gilmore.You can get all the little yellow pils to stay calm.
in few more days you will jump off of the bridge if Cunack get a Italion Stalion here.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Capitan Sham what do you think should Canucks try to get Bouwmeester. Thats the guy i would give six or seven mil a year.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
So This weekend some muppets in Swedish newspapers write sourceless articles stating that Sundin is signing with the 'Nucks.

Then TSN comes out with Sundins agent denying the rumours...today this comes out of Sweden courtesy of HockeyBuzz.com (The famous Eklund's site)
”Pengarna spelar roll” | NHL | Hockey | Sportbladet | Aftonbladet
Sundin denies Vancouver move in an exclusive interview

Mats Sundin has not yet decided what to do about continuing his career.

"It's not true at all that I'm definitely going to Vancouver. I haven't yet decided if I'm going to continue to play hockey," Sundin says to Sportbladet.

Mats Sundin was the NHL' hottest player when the free agent signing window in the NHL started July 1.

Exactly one week before he became eligible for offers from other teams, Toronto's archrival Montreal negotiated to obtain the exclusive right to negotiate with Sudden.

But the biggest bombshell was the offer from the Vancouver Canucks.

$20 million dollars-- approximately 120 million SEK -- for two years with the club.

Sundin would get up to half the sum in advance each season. That would make him the NHL's highest paid player before such young superstars as Sidney Crosby and Alexander Ovechkin.

Now Mats Sundin breaks his silence after the reports that he was already committed to Vancouver.

"The team is unchanged and I'm still trying gather my thoughts and decide what I'll do in the future. I'm going to try to reach a decision within the next few weeks."

It's been speculated that you might wait until well into the autumn?

"No, I won't do that.

I hope to make a decision about continuing with hockey in August or perhaps at the end of this month. If I'm going to play, it'll be for the whole season. Then I'll also be there from the beginning, when training camp gets underway."

Flattered by the giant offer

There's enormous money riding if you choice Vancouver?

"Yes. it's flattering and a fantastic offer. It's nice that a team thinks I'm that competent."

But will the money play any roll in the an eventual decision?

"When you're a professional hockey player, the money is one part of the total picture before a decision. But there are plenty of other things that play in as well. If it was only about the money, I would have already signed with Vancouver."

But can you see yourself signing for two years as they offered? You had said before that you'd take it one year at a time.

"Yes, but it's uncommon to be offered a two-year contract at my age.
I haven't thought that far at all, but obviously it feels flattering."

Vancouver has put forth that there'd be an extra plus that you'd be able to play the 2010 Olympics on home ice if you accept their two-year contract?

"It feels very doubtful that I'll play in any more Olympic tournaments. You should never say never, but it feels very far away."

Is Toronto still an alternative?

"Nothing is out of the picture. I got got a very good offer from them also plus one from Montreal. But Vancouver's contract was in a class by itself if you look only at the money."

Toronto has brought in a lot of new players and let go of others...

"I haven't followed it so closely, but Joe Nieuwendyk has come into the club's front office, and he's a fantastic leader and has got a real winner's metality. I believe he's going to help a lot in the process of building a club that's strong and probably can fight for the Stanley Cup in the future. I believe they're going to get a good team already this season.

"And of course I feel strongly for Toronto after 13 seasons with the club. It feel like home. But we'll have to see.

Pleased with the season

Are you surprised by the enormous interest in you?

"I don't know if I'm surprised. I was very pleased with my season. And it's a fine acknowledgement that so many have shown interest."

What is it that you're still considering that you haven't yet decided to continue playing?

"I want to know that I'm ready to charge the batteries again before a long season and all that goes along with it."

Is your body OK?

"Yes. I've managed to avoid serious injuries that would force me rest for a longer time. It's mostly wear-and-tear injuries that the majority of players my age experience. In the hip, one shoulder and a knee."

What are you doing right now?

"I'm just trying to enjoy the Swedish summer. It's been pretty calm the whole summer. I've been out in the archipelago and been up in the North fishing."

In one week at the earliest, Sundin will make a decision on whether or not to continue. A definitive answer on where -- or if -- he'll play next seen will also come then.

Hopefully where there is smoke there is fire...Demitra was rumoured by his homeland papers to be signing a week ahead of actually signing...Hopefully Sundin inks and we can get on with the season.

Interesting the bit about the 2010 games...He will be a week or two short of forty years old when the Puck drops in 2010...If he signs the two year deal is that his swansong? Returning in the tre kroner as captain defending their gold medal from 06?

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
O shoks Polska it will have to be done via trade. God help us now. No one wants to trade with Gillis. Now we have to go after Martin Erat, looks like Sundin is just playing games with Canucks. I still like Vanek, just maybe yet. Now he has a chance to ofer hugde contract to Bouwmeester to push for a cup run. No joke we are still short a dam fighter on a left side. And also a good centre man. and a power play D ,Checago is looking for a D. Gillis has to do somthing .The way sits now we are ten points away from playoff spot. Hard to watch this guy spin his wheels. Cheers boys!

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Stalion we just might win less than last year. Only if Bernier scores fourty goals we will have a chance.Wellwood will scoe fifteen and then he will dog it for a month or two.
Thats why Toronto got rid of him. If he picks it up and holds on maybe. Here we go again. Twins will be blamed for the season again if we do not get an old fart. At least one thing we will see Carcillio and Hordichuk go at it. Aginla will have a hay day with us if we do not add one more tough guy. Did you read his post in todays paper? Gillis point out that the team is good enough. God help him if he stay as is. "Cheers"

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
It is apparently going to be streamed live form Canucks.com

will be interesting.

News last night from various sources and places (Spector, Eklund, radio, etc) has the Canucks trading one of their D-Men that will waive a NTC (Ohlund, Mitchell, and Salo are the only ones with them, so I suspect Salo) to Ottawa for Antoine Vermette as he is not signing his RFA contract in OTT. That is the plan-b if Sundin returns to TO or signs in Montreal.

I think Sundin will sign here for a few reasons
a) He was treated quite badly in TO and made to look a fool by the club at the deadline for not becoming a rental player, he was quoted as saying the organisation put him in a no win situation
b) He had the chance to move to Montreal at the deadline and didn't, and could have signed there before July 1 and didn't, if it "wasn't about the money" Why didn't he sign there then?
c) If he signed in Montreal he will have to play in Toronto 3 times this year and against the Laffs at the Bell Centre three times...I have heard that this might be a reason not to sign in Montreal
d) He wanted to go to the Rangers, but they have no room either at Centre or on the payroll for him
e) JP Barry was quoted as saying Mats would be interested in playing with a team that he could help get over the hump.

If he signs here and plays on the top line with Demitra and whoever (Raymond, another traded in player) that frees the Sedins up to do their thing on a second line...Not too many NHL Teams have enough D Men to keep those two lines quiet night in night out and with Kessler (20 goals) Burrows (10-15 goals) and Pyatt probably on the third line we will be able to shut down the other teams top lines and have the third line chip in where they chipped in the "second line scoring" from last year.

The Canucks D is good to great if and when healthy and with Luongo I feel Sundin instantly makes us a playoff team with a good shot at the division, and that is supposedly what Barry thinks Mats is looking for.

It makes sense that Sundin came out with that date that is a week after the news broke...Gillis probably told Mats he is wiling to wait, but not too long because he needs to pull the chute on plan b if necessary...

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
It is apparently going to be streamed live form Canucks.com

will be interesting.

News last night from various sources and places (Spector, Eklund, radio, etc) has the Canucks trading one of their D-Men that will waive a NTC (Ohlund, Mitchell, and Salo are the only ones with them, so I suspect Salo) to Ottawa for Antoine Vermette as he is not signing his RFA contract in OTT. That is the plan-b if Sundin returns to TO or signs in Montreal.

I think Sundin will sign here for a few reasons
a) He was treated quite badly in TO and made to look a fool by the club at the deadline for not becoming a rental player, he was quoted as saying the organisation put him in a no win situation
b) He had the chance to move to Montreal at the deadline and didn't, and could have signed there before July 1 and didn't, if it "wasn't about the money" Why didn't he sign there then?
c) If he signed in Montreal he will have to play in Toronto 3 times this year and against the Laffs at the Bell Centre three times...I have heard that this might be a reason not to sign in Montreal
d) He wanted to go to the Rangers, but they have no room either at Centre or on the payroll for him
e) JP Barry was quoted as saying Mats would be interested in playing with a team that he could help get over the hump.

If he signs here and plays on the top line with Demitra and whoever (Raymond, another traded in player) that frees the Sedins up to do their thing on a second line...Not too many NHL Teams have enough D Men to keep those two lines quiet night in night out and with Kessler (20 goals) Burrows (10-15 goals) and Pyatt probably on the third line we will be able to shut down the other teams top lines and have the third line chip in where they chipped in the "second line scoring" from last year.

The Canucks D is good to great if and when healthy and with Luongo I feel Sundin instantly makes us a playoff team with a good shot at the division, and that is supposedly what Barry thinks Mats is looking for.

It makes sense that Sundin came out with that date that is a week after the news broke...Gillis probably told Mats he is wiling to wait, but not too long because he needs to pull the chute on plan b if necessary...

Both deals put us in good situations, I'm getting very excited for this season to start. Sundin-Demitra-Raymond, followed by Sedin-Sedin-Bernier and Kesler-Burrows-Pyatt makes for a great line-up methinks. Throw in Vermette for Sundin and it's still looks pretty good.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
If they shift twins to second line . Just watch the twins production go way down. Twins and Sundin than we will be ok. I agree with Raymond moving up.Demitra he is not your number one line guy. Line two that is good enough for him. He passes well, we need more goals from guys like him and Bernier. And why in the hell would you give up on Salo. He is the only guy that can hit the puck from the point. Give them Mitchell he shoots sixth row all the times. Vermette would be fine addition. He is good player.
Good job stalion.

Polska

Not Bright
Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just drove past a road crew doing some work on the side of the road. There were 5 small orange cones and 1 big one to divert traffic. As I got closer I saw the big one was Dana Murzyn. Even though he was the biggest pylon on the road, I easily manouvered around him. By all accounts, he has continued to perform to his fullest potential off the ice.:knvb::bronco::wa:

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dan Mrzyn is fine Uki they do not like road work. They like cop jobs. As far pylon i do agree with you. Canucks have to go pass that stage. Polsa you know that you always have to watch your back. Sabck's you never know. Polska good post.

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
where are you getting the top lines from?

If we do get Sundin, he would surely play with Wellwood and Demitra. You folks are forgetting Wellwood.
He played with Sundin in Toronto and was averaging almost a point a game.

I would say the Sedins with Bernier could be the best 2nd line in hockey.

Those would be two tough lines to stop. Imagine our power play.

If Sundin arrives, it should be an exciting season!!

Forza Vancouver

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0