Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Euro 2008

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
He went up with Kuyt, Kuyt and he fell out of bounds, Kuyt got up, brushed himself off and got back onside and involved in the play. Buffon might have breathed on Panucci and he fell down like he was shot by the third man on the grassy knoll.

And that my friend is how he was involved in the play.

The head of officials statement was that the referee did not order him off the park, hurt, and he was lying there, therefore he played Ruud on.

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
As I mentioned previously, I didn't see the incident but for some of us in the know :rolleyes: , this is how the rule is interpreted :

First off, the definitions of elements of involvement in active play are as follows :

a) Interfering with play means playing or touching the ball passed or touched by a team-mate.

b) Interfering with an opponent means preventing an opponent from playing or being able to play the ball by clearly obstructing the opponent's line of vision or movements or making a gesture or movement which, in the opinion of the referee, deceives or distracts an opponent.

c) Gaining an advantage by being in that position means playing a ball that rebounds to him off a post or the crossbar having been in an offside position or playing a ball that rebounds to him off an opponent having been in an offside position.

Further :rolleyes: :

It is not an offence in itself for a player who is an offside position to step off the field of play to show the referee considers that he has left the field of play for tactical reasons and has gained an unfair advantage by re-entering the field of play, the player shall be cautioned for unsporting behaviour. The player needs to ask for the referee's permission to re-enter the field of play.

To me, it sounds an easy one : Offside.

Balsa

Mar 16, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Walks......I just spoke with my local FIFA representative (your old mentor :)) His take was that it was onside as a defender can not stay off the field to draw an attacker offside. Technically I am told that the defender is interpreted to be on the goal line therefore keeping the attacker onside.

Terrible thing to see the Italians so hard done by :rolleyes:

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Walks he didn't step off the pitch, they fell off the pitch, Kuyt recovered, sadly it looked like Pasucci wasn't going to get up at first and he may have needed to borrow Paul Pierce's wheel chair, but alas. He Made it back up to argue with the referee vehemently :rolleyes: I think Toni was shown a yellow for his debate with the officials...

If this isn't a lesson to allplayers, whether they be Portuguese, or Italian (the two historical worst offenders) or anyone pink,blue, yellow, or from the moon...that falling down whne you have no business doing so, or not getting up to draw attention to yourself or trying to draw a foul can have potentially disastrous effects.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I've just checked with my Guatemalan officials handbook from the Cracker Jack box and to me, it was clearly ONSIDE. You guys really should learn the rules before you start spouting off. Right, Walks?

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain Shamrock said:
I've just checked with my Guatemalan officials handbook from the Cracker Jack box and to me, it was clearly ONSIDE. You guys really should learn the rules before you start spouting off. Right, Walks?

Absolutely ......... If anything, one should always refer to the Guatemalan officials handbook :D This supercedes all :D

steve a.

Not Bright
Jun 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Goal or no goal the final would have then been 2-0 oranje and still an I-tie loss.
This will definately be one of those moments in sports but I think the motto of euro is "respect" and it could not have been shown better than Van Nistlerooy not taking the flop and staying on his feet to try to score on a breakaway when a peno most surely would have been awarded from a surging Buffon near miss. It was a play that changed the game (the 1st goal) although I watched a pretty dominant holland side take it to the azzuri. Definately had to been one of the better international matches viewed in a while :D
Back to offside or not offside , I say get the refs opinion and then start the debate in a " Italy got screwed " thread ;)

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm looking forward to seeing the Holland game..........I assume they were full value for their win........always liked the Dutch approach to the game, unlike the Italians. No disrespect to the Italians on the site but to be quite honest, the National team is ROTTEN to watch.

4 - 3 - 3? My arse..........

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What was with the Dutch's really bad blue socks?

Terrible.

Good result for them though.

Germany/Croats should be a doozy.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Such a great sport and so much talent on display yet it makes me sick to watch the diving culture that is so much part of the game. It leaves a bad taste that I can't shake. Saw Ivica Olic of Croatia with the most ridiculous flop yesterday...it looked painful how he contorted his body in an effort to draw a foul. And the rolls after hitting the dirt? Come on. Shameful. Every team does it and the regulars that get called out maybe more so than others (Italy, Portugal, Croatia etc) but still, what a bunch of pussies. Add to that the wet hair, hair bands, socks over knees and a total poser mentality...it's just all so gay. And that's not respecting our gay friends I'm afraid.

Some times it's good to get things off your chest. Thanks.

Other than that: thought Germany, Portugal and Holland looked very strong. Never count Italy out and they always seem to stumble out of the gate, although 3-0? Who would have thought.

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What was with the Dutch's really bad blue socks?

Terrible.

Um, well, have you ever seen the Dutch flag? Take a look, the mystery will be solved!

As for Italy, I imagine they will go all out and get a win against Romania. Then it'll be for all the marbles against France. And the I-ties will proceed to hand the French their derrieres. Take it to the bank!

BJB

Sep 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just saw the replay and must say the dutch looked good. Toni should have buried his chances, if he's the world class striker he is. But then again, van de sar was on fire. Van-nistleroy(spelling) get's player of the year award for not diving on the break.

As for the offside/onside goal. My question is, If the dutch don't score there, Buffon saves it, and get's the ball moving again. Does the injured player ask to come back into the game or just walk on. I am thinking he is just goign to walk on, as he would say that he wasn't asked to leave the field.

Otherwise great game to watch!!

As for the diving. yes Olic was flopping. It embarrass's a lot of people when some of these guys' dive. but that's the game too......

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I was thinking the same sort of thing about panucchi. If he gets back up and saves a goal, I don't think there is a goal. A definite grey area. Onto the dutch socks I was joking about them with the old man all game, sure enough the women comes home and explains how she loves the dutch socks...pretty much says it all.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just saw the replay and must say the dutch looked good. Toni should have buried his chances, if he's the world class striker he is. But then again, van de sar was on fire. Van-nistleroy(spelling) get's player of the year award for not diving on the break.

As for the offside/onside goal. My question is, If the dutch don't score there, Buffon saves it, and get's the ball moving again. Does the injured player ask to come back into the game or just walk on. I am thinking he is just goign to walk on, as he would say that he wasn't asked to leave the field.

Otherwise great game to watch!!

As for the diving. yes Olic was flopping. It embarrass's a lot of people when some of these guys' dive. but that's the game too......

Based on someone who posted the rule on here, he couldn't come back on until the ref had allowed him as he had left the field of play due to injury.

BJB

Sep 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Based on someone who posted the rule on here, he couldn't come back on until the ref had allowed him as he had left the field of play due to injury.

But he wasn't sent off by the ref.... Whatever..... This can be debated for ever.

It was a great game. On to today's action......

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ok,

Of the 5 players in Spains squad that pay away from la Liga, they all play in England, 4 at Liverpool, 1 at Arsenal.
and only 1 of them is starting today's game: Fernando Torres.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts