Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Euro 2008

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
France were absolute gash and looking at the team Domenech has chosen for the tournament I think it had to be expected. He leaves out Clichy, Sagna and Flamini from the Arse and Trezeguet from Juve. All who have been fantastic this season (among the very best in their leagues). Then he takes Viera, Malouda and Abidal who have all been absolute shite the last year. And Anelka has barely played for Chelsea for Christ's sake. Well, Viera gets injured (gee, couldn't be 'cause they guy is about 90 could it?) and instead of pulling Flamini in, Toulalan gets the call. Absolute incompetence by Domenech in my mind. If they had a team with the Arse players included and Trezegol to finish things off they would play other teams off the pitch. Brutal.

Only people worse than Domenech is Rauter and Howard. How the fcuk do these idiots keep their job.

Rant over. C'mon de oranje!

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
France were absolute gash and looking at the team Domenech has chosen for the tournament I think it had to be expected. He leaves out Clichy, Sagna and Flamini from the Arse and Trezeguet from Juve. All who have been fantastic this season (among the very best in their league). Then he takes Viera, Malouda and Abidal who have all been absolute shite the last year. And Anelka has barely played for Chelsea for Christ's sake. Well, Viera gets injured (gee, couldn't be 'cause they guy is about 90 could it?) and instead of pulling Flamini in, Toulalan gets the call. Absolute incompetence by Domenech in my mind. If they had a team with the Arse players included and Trezegol to finish things off they would play other teams off the pitch. Brutal.

Only people worse than Domenech is Rauter and Howard. How the fcuk do these idiots keep their job.

Rant over. C'mon de oranje!

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oh yeah, 2-0 to the Netherlands. First goal was miles offside though. Except for the Italian laying behind the goal. What's the rule on that?

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oh yeah, 2-0 to the Netherlands. First goal was miles offside though. Except for the Italian laying behind the goal. What's the rule on that?

That's the only thing I can think had bearing. Certainly the officials could not miss such an obvious offside?

Perhaps they ruled that the Italian defender that left the pitch did so to gain an advantage. I am guilty of not mastering the rules of this game although I have played for so long. But THAT is the only thing I can think of other than the officials really blew it.

Gonna be some mad Italians on here soon.:D

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
An another note, if that is an Italian and not Van Nistelrooy that gets clipped by the keeper on the break does anyone think the I-tie would have kept his feet?

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
That's the only thing I can think had bearing. Certainly the officials could not miss such an obvious offside?

Perhaps they ruled that the Italian defender that left the pitch did so to gain an advantage. I am guilty of not mastering the rules of this game although I have played for so long. But THAT is the only thing I can think of other than the officials really blew it.

Gonna be some mad Italians on here soon.:D

Saw the replay. Italian defender was off the field of play without an advantage to gain the offside. BAD CALL!!! One of the worst I have ever seen.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
An another note, if that is an Italian and not Van Nistelrooy that gets clipped by the keeper on the break does anyone think the I-tie would have kept his feet?

Didn't think so.

Not only would a dive have happened, the player would have been strechered off holding his ankle, got the magic water sprayed on it and back on the pitch in 37 seconds:D

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Apparently Dutch and English broadcasts are saying that as Panucci was not requested or authorized to leave the field of play he is still an active player. Don't know if that's true but it would make sense, I suppose.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Usually that kind of decision gets made with regard to the offensive player in a situation; I.E. your team is attacking and you are in an offside position but don't want to be the cause of an offside call, so you step off the field.

Can't remember ever seeing a defender step off the field to try to get an offside call.

Hup Holland!

swampdonkey

Oct 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow! I guess it is a bit difficult to replace a midget fullback. They looked horrible back there. Are the Italians as slow as the Dutch made them look?

zenga

Dec 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dutch were good yes but the first goal was offside. The explantion of the head of officials is garbage. Does it work both ways? If the attacking playing happens to roll off the pitch and his team scores is it offside?

oh well, Ita had chances to score credit the Dutch keeper!

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Was it or wasn't it?

Going to be interesting to hear the fallout on this one...

The retards and Forrest can't seem to come up with an agreement,

The defender falls out of bounds and stays there while Kuyt comes screaming back into the play...(Kuyt wouldn't be able to touch the ball, so that leads me to believe that Ruud is onside...

tough one, I need to look at the Laws of the Game...Otherwise nobody knows for sure, and it is just up for interpretation

zenga

Dec 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
JBN, Im making an example of an attacking player leaving the pitch, not talking about Kuyt.

Ill try again, ball gets played long to the back post Luca Toni off balance heads the ball back across the face of the goal and happens to fall out of play, scramble in the six they score while Toni is still off the pitch is he offside?

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Was it or wasn't it?

Going to be interesting to hear the fallout on this one...

The retards and Forrest can't seem to come up with an agreement,

The defender falls out of bounds and stays there while Kuyt comes screaming back into the play...(Kuyt wouldn't be able to touch the ball, so that leads me to believe that Ruud is onside...

tough one, I need to look at the Laws of the Game...Otherwise nobody knows for sure, and it is just up for interpretation

It sucks either way, who knows how the game would have went otherwise, although with the way our finishing looked the result might be the same. We'll be back for Romania, and I guess I'll be wearing the Dutch jersey at our game tomorrow.

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Zenga,

Haven't seen the goal but will be watching tonight - by all accounts though, it sounded miles offside.

I'm surprised you're not posting from Austria / Switzerland ?? Are you going this year ?? EA needs a bit of research out that way don't you think ?? ;)

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Zenga,

whatever the case, offside or not, It easily makes up for Ruud not falling when he could have easily fallen over to win a peno, and he didn't...The Italians were falling all over the place all game, how they manage to keep their uniforms clean and not stained green is beyond me, must be some ancient recipe of colour guard bleach or somthing... ;)

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
JBN, Im making an example of an attacking player leaving the pitch, not talking about Kuyt.

Ill try again, ball gets played long to the back post Luca Toni off balance heads the ball back across the face of the goal and happens to fall out of play, scramble in the six they score while Toni is still off the pitch is he offside?

That doesn't make any sense because even if he was on the field it wouldn't be offside. Can't be called offside when you aren't involved in the play, on the field or off it. For all the Italian diving and moaning I say play on. Fukc you boys looked greasy out there.

zenga

Dec 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yeah I can see Toni falling down easily unlike the hero Ruud. Thats complete bullshit your grasping at straws.

End of the day offside or not Ita wasnt good enough today.

walksnotwitheaanymore!

zenga

Dec 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
That doesn't make any sense because even if he was on the field it wouldn't be offside. Can't be called offside when you aren't involved in the play, on the field or off it. For all the Italian diving and moaning I say play on. Fukc you boys looked greasy out there.

How was Panucci involved in the play when he is off the field?

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0