Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Euro 2008

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Where do they get the possession stats from?

They are showing 51-49 on the TV and they did the same for the Dutch vs Italy... what is the criteria for possession?

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Looks closer to 50-50 now...Villa with his second...now tied with Podolski for goal lead.

It may be Regs, that the Intraweb stats on the Beeb are a lot slower than the Tele...I posted that stat above at 20 minutes, but that might have just been the first 5 minutes of Spain building up play :?:

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
You have to love the play-by-play guy announcing, "that is by far the worst pass you will see in these championships..." regarding the russian strikers pass to an open wing...lol.. Same passer that must have thought that since he had so much time alone in the Spanish 18 yard box, that he should shat himself instead of slotting the ball into the net.

Great counter attack with speed from Spain.

One Dart

Feb 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Great game of football..........best of the tournament so far. Spain's midfield play was outstanding and the Russians gave a great go of it for most of the game.

Russia will come out of this group too......

Captain Shamrock using One Dart's computer

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Zlatan's goal was pretty good but Sweden's second was even better:)

Yes, the second goal was poetry in motion. Just needed the carnival music and a clown blowing up balloons to complete the spectacle.:rolleyes:

Sweden deserved the win. Feel bad for Wilhelmsson and the pulled hammy. It doesn't look good.

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Balsa,

Fifa is going to obviously try to back up their officials.

I can probably find many links on saying how it was offside.
Watching ESPN on TSN late last night, and all three analysts were saying it was offside.

Buffon came down on his player pretty hard, and shoved him aside, probably not even knowing that it was his own. .. and stupidly punched the ball to the top of the 18.

there is know way that was on purpose, it happened pretty fast, and was not purposely off the field.

But what was Panucci doing, as the shot was going wide, he could have pushed it off for a corner, not back to the top.

That goal did change the game. I don't understand how that is even questionable to players who know the game.

BJB

Sep 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I believe it was the correct call as well.

Analysts???? Forrest, Rauter, Howard???? They know the game very well. :rolleyes:

I was speaking to a friend that is a Basketball Ref, and who knew the FIBA book quite well, and these guys have every situation thought off..So i'm assuming FIFA would do the same... Is this ever going to happen again like that? Who knows.

Fine if it was then offside, then I would give VanNistleroy his PK he deserved. It will still be 3 - Bagel!!!

I'm done with the Italy/Netherlands game. Here's hoping the Croats bring a much better game to play zzzzzzzzzzGermans!!! Come on Decki!!!

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
fire drill to the end line.

on corner kicks... the guy on the post just steps off the field rather than running out for a short clearance.

it is all very obvious... ONSIDE.

Lion... sorry mate... but your boys got spanked. That said, I will be tuning in to watch the rest of the Italians' games... as they will be undoubtedly pushing forward for goals from the opening kickoff. Should make for some entertaining footy.

Balsa

Mar 16, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
If it was deemed offside then boy would we be practicing a new offside trap!

Well put Utah. There would never be an onside goal scored again unless you could out run everyone from centre.

Lion put your pride aside and think about the rule. It is actually pretty obvious when explained correctly. Maybe you should be pissed at your defender for not getting up and back in the play. The goalie and forward managed to get up and back in the game. Great example of why flopping and over acting have no part in the game. Unlucky for your team but it was easily the right call after doing research. I am lucky I have a retired FIFA Official in the next room to explain the rule correctly.

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
He did not step off the field. Buffon came down on him. He is a big 200 pound goalie I am guessing.

Flopping and overacting have no part in the game?
Come on. The best player this year is the king of it. "THE BEST PLAYER THIS YEAR". (Ronaldo)
It is part of the game, and you hockey watching fcuks have to come to terms with this. Games have been won and lost many times over the "flopping".

Italians have 4 World Cups...
pretty good for flopping and over acting.

Maybe if the English got away from "getting stuck in" they would even qualify or get somewhere!! Fcuking Muckers.

I wasn't speaking of your Canadian analysts. These were American ones. And one English fellow, which shocked me when he agreed it was off.

The two centre backs pushed up to put Ruud off. If this rule was VERY clear, would they have pushed up ? knowing the player down counts?

This rule should be looked at. And written out really clearly. So when a player knows their guy is down, faking or really injured, (who knows) they can make a sound decision.

It was Buffons bad for putting the ball back in play. to the top.

I'm done now as well.

FORZA ITALIA!!

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts