Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 Div 2, 2002-03 Weekly Predictions & Results

Status
Not open for further replies.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
lomas

nice use of the cat sytem lomas.

word on the street was that there were 25 players available for the weekend. how do you default in this situation??? surely you've got a few div 1'ers not seeing much action who need a game? is your div 1 team so much in the hunt for promotion to premier :D that you can't drop guys down so that you don't default? pretty sure the div 1 and div 2 players in your 'club' are interchangeable talent wise any way ;)

have a little respect for yourselves.

randomthoughts

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good weekend for the Muckerlomas. Twenty minutes of football between two teams.

Club I 4

Bosna Kosova 2

The Hoops completely outclassed their opposition in every respect today. But for some poor finishing it could have been very embarassing for the Bosnians.

On the field that is. The apres match insanity in the parking lot redefines the term. Easily the worst thing I have ever seen associated with a game of football.

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ya, C'mon Jinkster, wha happen?

As for us yesterday: Blaze have a couple of good players. Justin from American Idol was pretty strong I thought and there was one or two others but honestly the reason they won was the age and intensity factor. 1-0 for NSU at half and we're outplaying them, getting lots of chances. Had a clear penalty denied which would have made it 2-0. Second half was a different story. We lost our fire and they played hard all game. Cliff Ave. were a much better team than City. Elephant Walk too, and they don't play dirty. Half the guys on City couldn't keep the ball inbounds when they passed it but hey, the ran hard, played cheap and the ref didn't produce one yellow. Even when a City player took a punch at one of our guys. They bitched and whined all game, even when they got the calls. They are indeed a bunch of idiots who think they're hotshit 'cause they are in second place (soon to be third when Cliff Ave. wins their games in hand) in the VMSL second division. Whoo hoo. Fcuk, you guys are awesome!

Teelay

Dec 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
First half over, on to 2nd half...

Should be an interesting 2nd half of the season. I think it will be a 2 horse race of CA vs EW, and that game will be a dandy to watch. Promotion may hinge on that game. Then again, the Blaze may fight their way to the top with complaints and cheap shots ;) And then the wildcard could be the Primos - could they have a strong 2nd half and produce some results against the top 3???

Big Bird

Oct 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Egg on my face

Well I guess there is egg on my face seeing as how Richmond managed to squeak a header in late in the second half.

Its ok though as the primos managed to turn around our four game slide with resounding 4-1 win.

:wa:

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re Bosna game

The game was played at Empire Stadium so let's just say that there's an exciting new ride at Playland that's very popular with the Bosnians.

A white pick-up drives by and the patrons try to kick it's doors in and smash it's windscreen with hockey sticks. It sounds easy but you have to do as much damage to the truck on it's first pass because every time it comes around after that, it goes faster and faster and tries to run the participants over. Loads of fun.

They didn't even let us play, they were having so much fun on their own.

Be sure to take the kids, they did.:rolleyes:

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Results

My Predictions for this weeks 2C games was pretty close. I was really only out on the NSU-Blaze game. It was a pretty good game to play in and like Dapotayto commented, NSU won the first half but were outplayed in the second. We had one post in the 1st that would have put us up by two and if Mickster hadn't dusted off some of his old GSL football moves and pancaked a Blaze player at the 6yard line[Can I get some Aunt Jemima with that], the results could have been different. As this match marks the halfway point and are losses are better by one than our wins, Jim Beam will not be in the run for any promotion glory. It will be fun playing spoiler though.

I played for our CAT team in their game against Slurrey United. The Lions came out hard and with a lot of spirit against a team that seemed to think they were much better than us. They scored first and second goals but NSU Lions held in and battled back to take a 3-2 lead late in the game. The ref then blew a offside call which resulted in their tying goal for a 3-3 draw.

-TiredBones-

mickster

Aug 15, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ooopps

Yeah yeah forgot what sport I was playing. Another bonehead mistake by a D that has given up a lot of goals this season. I think I was responsible for all 3 goals against. Just used to having a keeper back there to bail me out after my goofups. At least my tackle resulted in a mouthful of dirt for the Blaze player but other than that tackle I was pretty quiet out there. Very disappointing!! Looking forward to trying to steal some points from CA next weekend and will "try" to play soccer this week!!
:rolleyes:

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No worries, Mickster

Keeps almost saved the PK for you, Mick. He just needed a little more distance on the dive. Maybe a little more altitude as well.

the manager

Sep 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
mid week report

Well, a litle shoving from a demanding potayto has spurred the manager on to fulfil his duty of reporting game results.....oh..here it goes....man this is hard....we tied alright!! Yeah, we were ahead....we were winning 1-0 on a beautiful highlight reel header goal set up by non other than the manager and paisano, only to be put in by an outside midfielser racing to the net, until....until, they managed to counter with a 40 yard crack knuckle ball spin-orama volley, that we know will never be repeated in this league or any other...and the game was tied.....terrible...terrible.

We played well and distributed nicely for the most part, but, the managers one criticism of the NK train would be a reluctancy to win the ball in the midfield, which resulted in our deflating goal.

Up next is a still undefeated Bosna team.....NK will manage a win if 1) We attack with all guns 2) Win every ball and 3) nullify their scoring by forcing the play away from the middle to the outsides and creating turnovers. Not to mention, we need to score.

thats it for now.....it's time to go slag spud for holding me accountable to my managerial duties

mickster

Aug 15, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Week 10 div 2C

Predictions for this upcoming weekend:D

JB's 3 - Cliff Ave 2 - Cliffhanger should have never put a beer on the line!!
PG 1 - Blaze 8 - Another blowout.....rough weekend for PG boys
Cougs 1 - EW 4 - EW stays in the hunt for promotion
CMen 2 - Royals 1 - CMen get revenge for earlier loss
Primos 3 - CH 1 - sorry Biteme but you know........
PG 2 - Cliff Ave 7 - Luch & Cliffhanger distracted by PF sidelines and allow a couple of goals, plus they're too old for 2 games in one weekend!!;)

Hopefully the rain holds off and all games are a go!!!

As for others, I see PG Rangers continuing to roll and the NK train continuing to run out of steam......what happened after your great start!!

the manager

Sep 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
too much to drink, plus medication...

Mickster,

Your predictions, it seems, are a result of too much Beam and too much (pipe) dream. NK has steam and CA is the better team. So easy on the T3's and you best get down on your knees, because if you think you're going to win.....you've been smoking too much weed.

However, God does answer prayers... I hope it goes well.

manager

mickster

Aug 15, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mixing Beam & Beer

Looks like I'll need lots to drink after our game this weekend to wash down all those words I'll have to eat. Hoping at least for a closer game that our first one!! :p

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I will echo Mickster's predictions. In fact, if we don't take points from C.A. I GUARANTEE that I will personally deliver a beer or two to myself in the changeroom. If we do take some points then I might just deliver three or four to myself. Irregardless of the outcome I will be delivering my lungs some of Watcher's 'tumbleweed'.

Big game for NK, Manager. Got your boys fired up? I could write some rousing speeches for you if you'd like. Let me know, eh.

Yomama!

Sep 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
JBs 1- CA 5

Wow....looks like the JBs have become the 2001/2002 NK Hrvats by taking a beating like that?

Did they go in dry, or did they atleast lube you guys up?

What happened? Fill us in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0