Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 Div 2, 2002-03 Weekly Predictions & Results

Status
Not open for further replies.

TS

Jun 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
CA 2: Blaze 2

how did cliff ave tie the blaze. I thought CA were supposed to be 'untouchable.' Guess not? Or was it just a bad game on their part, or a really good one by the Blaze? I would've thought CA would roll over the Blaze by at least 2 or 3, but strange things happen in div 2, I guess.

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re City FC

Perhaps Luch or Cliffhanger will comment on the CA/Blaze game. City came down from Div. 1 last year and I had heard they started a new team but Teelay mentioned yesterday that they still have several of their better players from last year so they should be pretty strong I would think.

Luch

Jul 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
City

City are a good sqaud. The result was fair. We missed more than a few quality chances, as did they (including a late PK that the ref had a shocker in calling from way behind the play). So, IMO, a tie was a fair result. Having played against the relegated City FC last year, I didn't recognize any familiar faces. Definitely not the same squad. Onto the next top team in our div, the Primos. Should be an interesting on that postage stamp of a park, Cleveland. :rolleyes:

the manager

Sep 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
manager disappointed

Well, I have to come clean and honestly post that the NK train barely made it to the next stop with a lack luster performance against a team that we should have handled with ease. The final result was the only favorable thing about the whole match. NK 2, Maplewood 1 Our team looked promising with an early textbook goal and then another 'lucky' rebound just before the half. However, I must give credit where credit is due. Maplewood did move the ball nicely and played well (I think our performance made them look better than they are:eek:). We allowed them to collapse in on us during the second half by not fighting for each ball. Hands down they outplayed us. In the end, we got the win and thats what counts.

overandout!

PS all you maplewood boys visiting ttp, sign up and get with the posting....it's a blast! We need more ttp'ers from our group to slag!

Cliffhanger

Sep 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
CA and Blaze
I would agree with Luch that a tie was a fair result. We carried the play but Blaze had a couple of glorious misses (penalty and a bar).
This game should serve as a wake-up call that we need to play defense instead of trying to score 5 goals every game. Also we seemed much more interested in paying back cheap shots and chirping at the ref than trying to win and the end of the game, which led to the penalty.
Hopefully this result will bring more than 8 out to practice!

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hopefully this result will bring more than 8 out to practice!

You never know, it just might but I think free beer would be more effective.

Big bird, what's the word? The excellent site says you guys tied.

Notty

Oct 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
CLIFF TIED

Luch,

How is a tie possible with the all-star cast! Was Bow drunk? Did Joe Billy's eyebrow ring poke him in the eye rendering him blind? Did Tony S and Dave D re-ignite their love and move back in together? :D :D

How did this happen???

Cheers
~Notty

Teelay

Dec 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cliff & Primos

Why did #11 for Cliff (Angelo?) sit in teh first half? That guy is money in my opinion, and Cliff may have been able to do better with him out there in the 1st half?

I have to say that the little battle between Blaze's #6 (Zoolander lookalike) and CA's #8 was pretty amusing.

As for the Primos - yikes - shocker of the year in this division so far. So with both Primos and Cliff coming off a tie in their last game (both regarded as being upset), can we expect a spirited affair next week???

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: CLIFF TIED, OR Did the Keeper get Chunged

Originally posted by Notty
How is a tie possible with the all-star cast! Was Bow drunk? Did Joe Billy's eyebrow ring poke him in the eye rendering him blind? Did Tony S and Dave D re-ignite their love and move back in together? :D :D

Funny Stuff

The keeper was still hurting from the big HOS chunger.

The boys are finding Div.2 a little tougher than they thought.

Would like to see CA United vs. Norburn in the Burnaby Old Boys Darby.

HOS

Luch

Jul 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
CA

Notty,

Bow was sober, JB didn't lose his vision and Tony S was looking to ignite their little #9 after a late tackle. All in all, we're not a "dream team" like Peg in the Reedy days ;) . But, we should do alright.

Teelay,

The main reason that Ang didn't start was b/c he worked late into the wee hours and made it to our match just before half. I agree, he was a nice spark for us in the second half.

HOS,

You are directly to blame for City's 2nd goal. The little man couldn't jump high enough thanks to your offside chunger. Apparently, you should watch your back. Look out for Cliff Toris. :eek:

Teelay

Dec 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
CA

Luch,

Most of you guys are built like brick sh!thouses ... what gives - do you all go down to the butcher's after the game and feast on raw meat or something?

If there was a scrap in 2"C" between all the teams, I think it's safe to say CA would come out on top... that's why I found it rather amusing that Zoolander on Blaze (did anyone else get a glimpse of that guy's hair :eek: ?) was pushing #8's buttons. #8 is not too big, but most of the other boys on CA are rather on the stocky side...

Yomama!

Sep 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
If you were driving by the Italian Community Centre yesterday and noticed a distinctive odor in the air...it was probably NK Hrvat up on Beaconsfield and not month old pasta fagoli. That's right, we stunk up the joint and amazingly we were still able to walk away with three points.

Big Bird

Oct 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Primos-Seamen Shocker

Well

Not much to say because I am very focking pissed off after my teams performance on the weekend.

The scored a third into the first half on a poster boy diving header from their don't know what the fock he was immigrant forward.

This goal should not have happened but it did.

We tied the game towards the half on a break from one of our forwards.

Second half started with us going up two within ten minutes. This SHOULD have been lights out but apparently the well dried up all of a sudden, or we decided to play down at their level again like we did in the first half, I'm not sure which, I think it may be the latter.

Full credit to their striker on the second goal it was a premiership quality strike just inside the 18 that went something like "cross-ground-foot-goal in about .5 seconds" I had a piece but the pace of the shot tucked it under the bar instead of over.

Needless to say I mentioned to my team that the second last place team doubling their goal scoring output against us is unacceptable.

The only positive to take away is that we managed to salvage one point in the affair

I'm going to cry in my beer now.

Expect a better showing next week.

Luch

Jul 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Vegans

Teelay,

The majority of CA are strict vegetarians who run marathons not carnivorous "brick sh!thouses" as you might suggest ;) .

iron mike

Oct 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
If you want to discuss which team has the most brick sh_thouses look no further than NK.

1) Yomama - 210 lbs - all ass and head
2) Watcher - 220lbs - The best conditioned athlete I have ever seen with a 40" waist
3) Manager - Working hard to shed unwanted pounds through herbal cleansing, supplemented with daily treks to the Tre Stella deli counter. " I don't understand how come I can't lose this gut with all the running I do" muttering this while holding a prosciutto and cheese sub and 2 sticks of pepperoni.

the manager

Sep 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
missing brick ****house

Iron Mike failed to include his bulbous pear shaped physique weighing in at a reasonably slim 220. He would be a large 'kinder suprise' to everyone if he came to train and play.

I know this is a predictions thread....so my prediction is.

NK's next match.

NK 4 Point Grey Strikers 0

and....iron mike to stand the team up again with a no show:(

slaggintheoneswhodeserveit!

Yomama!

Sep 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'd like to correct Iron Mike's last post:

Yomama weighs in at a sexy 217 lbs. And don't forget the young kid of Greece heritage who was striking for us on Sunday...his feet alone are about 50 pounds each.

iron mike

Oct 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cliffhanger, you have correctly identified me! However, by referring to me as deej you have blown your cover. How's your buddy Ned doing these days?

CDK

Jul 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Watcher is 220lbs now!?!?

His biceps are like my wrists.V

Prediction: The Watcher goes on a diet after NK's 2-1 win this weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0