Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 Div 2, 2002-03 Weekly Predictions & Results

Status
Not open for further replies.

one-eye

Sep 12, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
For the simple minded, mainly myself. I can't remember who said what and where anymore. So, my suggestion is that we have 2 ongoing threads for div 2 soccer news. I propose we talk soccer in the new thread Div 2, 2002-03 Weekly Predictions & Results and lets talk smack in the Div 2 banter thread that is already well under way.

Do I have any support out there?

:wa:

one-eye

Sep 12, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs - TTP Pupet Master

Hey big brother Regs I know you are watching, can you put all the exitsting Div 2 predictions and results to date under this thread. I know you have the power to do this!!

the manager

Sep 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
dear regs

I think the one-eyedian one may, for once, have a point. Simple minded he may be, but, to us today he has demonstrated a level of ingeneuity that warrants a response.....so here it is, I agree with him.

Being one who analyzes and strives to get beneath the surface by examining motives, I have one comment in regard to this request by the one-eydian one. He just wanted to start his own thread!:p

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm in..........

I'll add my name to this protest simply because it involves Regs doing more work. He, quite clearly, doesn't do enough for us. Come on Regs, get your hair out of your eyes and sort it out.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Division 2.

One forum and you can't keep up? You're kidding me, right? :rolleyes:

Just carry-on from this point forward with this thread if that is what everyone wants. Or are you saying that you will get confused on a weekly basis, forgetting at times, that week 6 predictions were for, erm, week 6?

~Regs.

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
come on you bastage......

All we want to do is talk smack, bell-end, is that too much to ask? I'm really beginning to wonder what it is we pay you for.......

You've changed.

Teelay

Dec 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Week 7 Predicitions...

2"A"

Westside 1 Polska 3 (same score as last week for Polska)
Bombastic 3 PG"A" 1 (Bomb's offense is better)
Bosna 2 PG "B" 2 (Bosna still doesn't lose)
United 0 "B" United 3 (United remains winless)
NK 2 Maplewood 0 (NK rebounds)

2"B"

Fury 2 FC 1 (Fury... come a long way from last year...)
Nomads 3 Ismali 1 (Ismaili now has 4 goals for the year)
PG "A" 3 Optima 2 (Optima continues its losing ways)
WUS 2 - Alemania 2 (tough battle in the middle of the standings)
Falcons 4 Sign (Falcons offense too much for Signmaster)

2"C"

PG Strikers 1 Cougs 4 (Cougars get first win)
JBs 0 EW 2 (JBs struggling to score this year)
CA 3 Blaze 2 (closest game of year for CA so far)
Champlain 2 Royals 3 (Royals get late goal for win)
C-Men 0 Primos 5 (C-Men can't score)

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Week 7

2A
NK 4 Maplewood 1 - Watcher misses the game while watching reruns of The View and Live with Regis Philbin (Yomama breathes a sigh of relief). Manager recites Muhammad Ali poetry during the game and One-eye pisses all over Maplewood.

2B
PGR 3 Optima 1 PGR getting their proverbial shite together

2C
JB's over EW - Spud with at least ten stepover moves. May even pass it once or twice.
Coug's over PG Strikers - Hey PGS, bring those honeys out when we play again. They're invited to a hot tub party at my place!
CA over Blaze- Blaze get found out.
Royals tie Champlain- Seems like a pretty even matchup
Primos over C-men- Big Bird doesn't get his feathers ruffled here

Yomama!

Sep 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yomama is just going to skip his prediction for this weekend and go right to the result: NK over Maplewood.

Yomama is hungry for some action (of the soccer variety) and looking forward to the weekend game (when the Watcher will be warming the bench at a balmy 32 degrees. )

the manager

Sep 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
this is how it's gonna look!

Alas, the manager arises from his slumber posing a new perilous look with somw big words to the left and always a 'make you think' type of signature below. Enough of the intro and on with the predictionies....

Here's how this week is measuring up from the managers perspective.

Div 2 A

WSK vs Polska (manager praying for a tie...0-0)

Bombastic vs PGS (celler pick PGS to win 2-0)

Bosna vs PGR (if ever a tie...please this one)

UN vs B United (UN to have first win 3-2...I hope)

NK vs Mapelwood U (NK bounces back...4-0..must win)

Div 2 B

City FC vs B Fury (BF walks all over them 4-1)

CI vs Nomads (Nomads pitch their tent in the CI goal 8-1)

PGR A vs Optima (goatman says "we win"....better hope so 3-1)

WUS vs Alemania (2-2 tiesies for middle of the packers)

Signmaster vs NS Falcons (3-2 Falcons...GA sucks guys)

***managers note for 2 B: The goals against average in your group is something to be embarassed about (all of you)...your pathetic inability to prevent the ball from crossing your goal line has made the results on the stat sheet resemble that of a basketball game, not a soccer match...pick it up girls.:eek:

Div 2 C

PGS vs Rich C (1-1 tie..both teams score on themselves)

NS JB's vs EW A (JB sucks EWalks all over them 5-1)

CA vs City FCB A (Ca will win...barely 2-1)

CH vs WV Royals (CH to win 4-2)

C-Men vs Primos (C-men win 4-2)

***managers note for 2 C: Aside from two teams, your goals against average leaves much to be desired....is the striking exceptional or are the keepers that bad :confused:

This is how it looks after an accurate analysis of the whole division. Continue onward in a warrior like fashion and for heavens sake B & C, keep the ball out of your net!!
***special note: 2 A some of the teams here have a pathetic GA as well.
managingmosteffectively;)

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Excuse me?

This is how it looks after an accurate analysis of the whole division

Manager, you must be asleep and dreaming. Hopefully Watcher will roll over and wake you up. You are now officially barred from supporting Liverpool and are designated a Man U fan til you give your head a shake and return to reality.

Yomama!

Sep 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Potato, I have to correct your last post:

It should read, "Hopefully Watcher will roll over the Mickster and wake you up..."

Just stirring the pot.

the manager

Sep 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
did I strike a cord?...hurt your feelings???

french fry,

I didn't know you were a scouser? you must obviously be on one of the teams that need to learn how to defend. I bet you're a defenceman to boot. Nontheless, strive buddy, strive to keep the ball out of your net.

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Manager, Spud=Red Forever

I play for NSU JB Mighty Reds (I just have to convince the boys of the small name change).

one-eye

Sep 12, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Spud Attack!

For once I'm woth you potato head. I am going to hang Pictures of Ryan Giggs in the manager's office on Monday.

Manager, you perilous poser.

Therapist

Sep 11, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
results

EW 4 JB's 1

Not a bad game. The score doesn't tell the story. Fairly even game. Maybe EW with about a handfull of more chances. Just some really silly errors that resulted in goals. Could have been a close game if we had created a few more chances. :(

the manager

Sep 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
results

it looks like Polska remains undefeated...bad news for all trying to catch them.

Westside Knoghts 0-2 Polska

Bombastic 6-1 Point Grey Strikers (I called that one wrong)

Bosna 3-0 PointGrey Rangers B (where was my tie??)

UN 0-3 B United (UN really sucks!!!...I don't think that they will win a game and I bet their goals against will be more at the end of the year than all of teams goals against combined in group A)

Whats this....CA tied with City FC Blaze???? What a suprise.

untill tomorrow!

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Week 7 Results

Elephant men 4 JB Mighty Reds 1

Like Therapist said. As an aside, the Karma police made an appearance at the game. I finally got to play after a month on the sidelines, came on at start of the second half and promptly took a hard shot square in the gonads. I can still taste my balls. I wonder which incident that was payback for?

Teelay

Dec 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
JBs / EW

If the JBs had actually decided to start the game when the ref blew the whistle they may have had a chance to be in the game. Instead, the allowed us to score 2 goals in the first 10 minutes before deciding to start playing, but by then it was too late. A pretty fun game to watch/play.

TS

Jun 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
RC 3: PG 0

First off, we had the WORST ref I've ever seen. Almost every PG throw-in was a foul-throw, but no calls. Our player would be getting hacked for 10 yds, but as soon as he stepped outside the 18, the ref would give a free kick. It was comical. He was letting everything go, and if it weren't for 2 classy teams, this could've gotten really ugly. To their credit, PG never stopped running, they tried hard till the final whistle.
The 3:0 score line was not indicative of the game. Our brutal lack of finishing kept the game in single digits. Numerous missed breakaways and hit posts/crossbars kept the game respectable.
Anyways, a win is a win, and our first of the season. Also our second straight shutout, so hopefully we're headed in the right direction......Next week we play the C-men, and I'm confident we'll get another good result. Things are finally starting to come together........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts