Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 Div 2, 2002-03 Weekly Predictions & Results

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congratulations to Cliff Avenue for a brilliant season. You guys have a great mix of skill, experience and alcoholics. Best of luck in Division 1 and the B Provincials.

Congrats to the Blaze for winning the cup and in beating Cliff Ave to do so. Good luck to you guys next year and in the B Provincials as well. Hopefully you guys and Cliff ave will meet in the final in Vernon.

Looking forward to next season too but first I have to buy a left foot somewhere and hopefully I can jump the queue and get a lung transplant also.

Now waiting for Therapist to log on pissed and start dissin' people only to log on sober the next day and apologize. C'mon Therapist you know you wanna!

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Div2Cup Pool

For FcukSakes CA,

My hopes for the Div2Cup crown were dashed quicker than you can say "Kings over the Canucks by two". Did you you all not have your good luck, Masked Pink Thonged Marauder, charm with you?

Congrats to Blaze for the upset and to CA for a Stellar Season with but a wee pimple blemish at the end of a glorious run.

I second Big Bird on being anxious for next season. There was a few too many losses and a revolving roster. Hopefully, health will prevail for the JimBeam squad over the summer and we can get back to biz in the fall with a solid squad.

-Bones-

Teelay

Dec 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Blaze - Primos

We defaulted the upcoming game. We're not in game shape, there's a big risk of injury and Blaze have been playing every weekend. We haven't played since early Feb when we lost to CA in the Cup, and hence are pretty rusty I would imagine. To top it off, our numbers are iffy for this weekend anyways.

ANyone know what the story is for realignment within a division for next year? I've heard it was 4th and 5th teams move across, but that was before the divisions grew to 10 teams. Based on current standings, that would mean Primos and JB's/Royals would move over.

Teelay

Dec 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Worst team in Division 2

One a bit of a different matter - who in everyone's mind is the worst team in Division 2. I think we can narrow it down to 3 teams: PG Strikers "B" (1 tie, 13GF, 76GA), Canadian Ismaili (1 tie 12 GF, 55 GA), or United Nationals (1 win(!!), 12 GF, 90 GA).

Personally I think United may have to take this one, despite a win thrown in there. I mean 90 Goals Against is almost as impressive as CA's 90 Goals For....

I wish there would be a playoff between the 4 bottom teams to determine this - that would almost be worth going to see. :D

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I can't believe there is a worse team than the strikers. We played what might have been the worst game of soccer in history and beat them 4-2 even after being 2 men down due to red cards.

90 goals against is impressive mind you, but they got a win.

Vinnie

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
BlazeArmy,

Is your field open this weekend?
We (Champlain Heights) still have a game left against you guys.
We were suppose to be in a tourney but it was cancelled
Maybe we can finish the season on sunday.
I know we are suppose to have a home game butthe post are down on our home field.
I'll call the league if it's a go for you guys.

TS

Jun 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Realignment

Teelay, I asked Azzi that same question earlier and he told me that the 3rd,4th,5th teams rotate from A to B, B to C, and C to A. That means next year group C will lose the Primos, Blaze and WV Royals, and get WU Sarajevo, Optima and Signmaster. I have not seen any of these teams play, but I've heard they are all decent, but nothing special.
I think this realignment bodes well for the Cougs, as we're left with EWalk, who I know we can beat (and did beat 4-2 this season), the JB's, who could be rebuilding but should rebound with a strong season, and the Cmen, PGS and Champlain, who we should be able to handle.
Does anyone know what the div 2B teams are like? With some off-season negotiations already under way, I think the Cougs can definitely fight for promotion next year. One season of summer soccer under our belts will only help our newly-formed team. Best of luck to everyone in summer soccer, and if anybody wants an exhibition game just let me know.

Go Cougs.

Teelay

Dec 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fury

Burnaby Fury got promotion from the "B" Group. What a tragedy ... from playing these guys in cup, I can honestly say there are 4 or 5 teams in "C" who are far better than these guys. We beat them 3-0 and that score didn't even do justice. Oh well, unless they totally revamp the team next year, they'll be lucky to win a game or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0