Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 Div 2, 2002-03 Weekly Predictions & Results

Status
Not open for further replies.

mickster

Aug 15, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
CH vs JB

Biteme, will definitely come over after the game (if its on). I'm sure we won't have as easy time of it this week. Missing some key starters but at least that will allow for some experimentation with the lineup. Mick, Therapist and OneRun up front, Spud between the pipes, and Bonefish playing left right out!!

I call this park, my park as its the only place I've scored (on the oppenents net) in the last 2 years. Spud was quick to remind me that its not like the house that Babe built, but who knows, maybe after this weekend........ :rolleyes:

Hopefully see you on the weekend!!:D

Luch

Jul 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Champion's League cokc-ups......

Fasty,

I haven't a clue as to what you are on about ;) . Perhaps you should investigate the wiring to your silver coloured JBL CREATURE SPEAKERS. Isn't JBL a major sponsor of the Ch. League? There may me something in that... like the dancing fruit :wa: .

Yours in sincerity.

BTW, should I check my PMs?

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mickster, I would hardly call Bonefish playing left-right-out an experiment.:D Hmmm, so if this is "your park" does this mean you'll actually be able to get to the field on time?:p So, what should we call "your park" then? The house that beer built? Field of Wet Dreams? How about Arsehole in the Outfield? Ah shite, those are all baseball references. Right, how about Porkhead Stadium or the Specialolympiastadion or San Zero Stadium. Think one up and we'll let the Parks Board know so they can rename the pitch! (Remember....just joking....don't want to play goal on Sunday....goal not good....no like goal....)

Jimmy H., Cliffhanger and Luch it was cool meeting you guys. Keep up the excellence in apres game partying. One question though: Does "The Gimp" come to all your games or is he usually doing the Pulp Fiction promotional circuit? So, I guess the PG hotties didn't turn up eh? C'mon Fingers you have a duty to bring the honeys to N. Van when we play again!! Your credibility is on the line.

Predictions? Mickster scores and promptly labels the field "Theatre of Boston Creams". Remember....nooooooooo goooaaalieee for meeeeeee...

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
2 CAT Prediction

Widely known as the 'Game of the Week', the Rangers-Sikh Temple game will be a barn-burner. Whatever that means.

With the Meralomas all but dropping from the leaders race, Saturday's clash will determine the Group A winner. Expect a fiesty beginning -- both teams airing out left over emotions from last match -- then calming down into an end-to-end race for goals.

4-3 Final. For the good guys, of course.

I mean Westside. ;)

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
With the Meralomas all but dropping from the leaders race, Saturday's clash will determine the Group A winner.

The league sewn up with 8 games remaining and 3 and 4 pt leads? Please explain.

1 WFC Rangers 10 7 2 1 32 12 23
2 Sikh Temple Knights 10 7 1 2 22 10 22
3 Meraloma "B" 10 5 4 1 26 12 19
4 Club Ireland Hibs 10 5 4 1 20 10 19
5 Bosna Kosova 10 4 2 4 22 24 14
6 Westside Rino "C" 10 3 5 2 19 16 14
7 Hagar's "B" 10 1 5 4 15 25 8
8 Bombastic SC "B" 10 1 4 5 15 27 7
9 ICSF Inter "B" 10 0 5 5 11 21 5
10 Western Union Bulgaria 10 0 2 8 14 39 2

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
"All but dropping from the leaders race" is what describes their current downhill slide, represented by a default followed by a tie against a middle of the road team. It'll be very tough to catch the winner of Rangers-Sikh Temple.

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fcuk the lomas.

Club I are on 19 points and are not on a downhill slide.

Have you taken that into consideration?

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Temple/Westside

This will be a good game, and as Keeper said, should settle down after a little edgy start. As for Gurps, I will not be there but I hope a good, clean game is played and the better team wins.

Good luck to all.

GURPSREHALBINGINTHECITYLEAGUE

Yomama!

Sep 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
NK 2 - 1 Bombastic

A brilliant free kick from One-Eye ensured a come from behind 2-1 victory for the NK train. Watcher scored the first goal on a lovely shot but if you ask Yomama, it still doesn't make up for Watcher's defensive lapse on their goal. If you drive by David Lam park you can still see the Watcher's tighty whities on the eighteen.

the manager

Sep 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
results

wow, what a suprise....Westside defeated Bosna 2-1 in an upset. Well, maybe not a total upset, WS is a quality team with a decent chance at top spot. Who's going to beat those pesky Poles?

NK was hoping for a WS loss. Their loss, combined with our win yesterday, would have brought us 3 points closer to catching them. As it stands now, 9 points seperates us from the top three. A hill to climb for sure.

NK's victory was a pleasent one as we dominated play throughout with sufficient ball movement and control. One defensive breakdown cost us a goal, but aside from that, in every department, we were the better team. A nice lefty shot placed just inside the far post by the watcher tied it a ones. Then, a proffesional free kick by non other that one-eye, from outside the 18, put us up for good.

Talk about skill and talent, one-eye took a shot in warm up (identical to the one he scored on) and called it . "I'm going to score one like this today" Keep em coming one-eye.....we need those types of goals.

Next up for NK, B united. Fiesty game with lots of cards last time....should be interesting.

NK to win by 2

Big Bird

Oct 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Primos 3 EW 1

The Primos pulled out a great win taking a 3-1 decision from a tough elephant walk team.

Primos went up 3-0 and elephant walk closed to within 2 before the half.

Second half was punctuated by a missed pk by elephant walk, and a lot of play in the primos end.

Frankie being a late substitution seemed to be a lift for the walk as he was the one who drew (see-dived) the pk in the box after hacking the defender down first.

Game was a great and spirited affair as always between these two teams, and the better team came out on top this day.

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Club I 4

Westside C 0

Good win for Club I's CAT team today.

Too bad keeper has already decided the league champs.

Not much reason to play the last seven games.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I see what you mean, Jinky....

Sikh Temple should be handed the title now.

2 CAT 'A' # Team GP W T L GF GA PTS
1 Sikh Temple Knights 11 8 1 2 27 13 25
2 WFC Rangers 11 7 2 2 35 17 23
3 Club Ireland Hibs 11 6 4 1 24 10 22
4 Meraloma "B" 11 5 5 1 26 12 20
5 Bosna Kosova 11 5 2 4 31 29 17
6 Westside Rino "C" 11 3 5 3 19 20 14
7 Hagar's "B" 11 1 6 4 18 28 9
8 Bombastic SC "B" 11 1 5 5 18 30 8
9 ICSF Inter "B" 11 0 5 6 16 30 5
10 Western Union Bulgaria 11 0 3 8 14 39 3

iron mike

Oct 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
After talking to the Watcher after the game, I am shocked at the lack of recognition given to him. Comparisons were made to a young Pele and Puskas. Please pay the watcher his due respect. Jealousy will not get you anywhere (Yomama,Manager)
One Eye, the Watcher was impressed with your cracker of a goal, and he doesn't impress easily.

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
NSU 5 CH 0

Five goals from the midfield yesterday. Actually, five goals from converted defenders playing midfield. First two by Brentzky. A nice, low angled shot from top o' the box, followed by a PK he earned by jinking his way through the eighteen and getting tripped. The third came from Dapotayto. Biteme headed a clearance to me and with both eyes shut tight I lashed a left-footed volley (hey, there's a first time for everything!) towards the goal. I was already halfthrough through the word 'FCUUUUUUUUUUUUUK!' (expecting to miss) when Satan came through on that deal we signed a while back and had the ball hit the post and go in. Greg added a volley from a nice OneRun cross and then he took out the garbage for the fifth. On the fifth goal the ball fell invitingly towards Greg and Mickster. Mick's eyes were as big and as round as Mcdonalds Hamburgers, drool streaming from his mouth, with schoolgirl giggles ready to burst forth from his lungs as he stretched to stab it home. Alas, it was not to be. Greg popped it in and Mick will have to wait for the return of Hailey's Comet for Champlain Heights to become 'his' field again. We actually had a good goalie yesterday which sure makes a big difference. Champlain Heights had their backup in and OneRun and Therapist were trying to score from fifty. Came close too. Fun game. The ref did a decent job. Missed a few things but overall he was allright. Seemed like a young, newer Ref which is good to see. Another spurned breakaway by Spud. Man, one of these days I'll figure it out.

Biteme, nice to meet you. Thanks for the beers and the fun game, man.

On a side note, someone went for a joyride on the pitch in their truck on Friday. Tore it up pretty good, which is eerily similar to what happened to our home field a few weeks back. RCMP have indicated that Mickster is NOT a suspect at this time although Forensics is now comparing tire tracks from both fields to the tires on Mickster's vehicle. Run Mickster, I mean Forest, run!

mickster

Aug 15, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Alibi

I don't even have an alibi for Friday night, I sure hope those forensic tests come back negative. As for the game, Biteme was a gracious host providing goals and beers for the Beamers. CH did have chances to score but either missed the net or out new keep came up with big saves....sure is nice having him back there. Thanks for the game guys, Biteme has the team playing well enough just need to iron out a couple of kinks. Your next few games are a good opportunity to get some wins.

Teelay, you leave EW and they now have 2 straight losses.... coindedence or not?!? Did you catch the game against the Primos?

Big Bird, any ideas where we'll be playing you guys next week. I hear Cleveland South is toast...looking forward to our rematch!!

Spud, what can I say...still no points for me this year. I guess we'll have to start counting OG so I can get my name on the scorers list. Maybe Big Bird will let me get one or two against him next week?? I'll even buy him a beer for every goal he lets me score....what do you think?!?

Teelay

Dec 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Primos / EW

Mickster,

I certainly don't think it was coincidence that I left EW and they lose 2 straight. I was no more than a 14th or 15th man on their team, so my contribution was virtually negligible. More of a contributing factor is that they have a couple of guys with injuries right now in key spots.

On the flip side, I decided to return to the Primos as I have a good relationship with everyone there and they know my style, so it was a decision that came easily. What was not so easy was that my first game back I played against EW. As Big Bird said, it was a tough game with some chippiness and a lot of emotion. Primos played a solid defensive game, and EW did well to press hard in the 2nd half. No doubt EW and Primos will probably meet again in the playoffs. It seems as though this rivalry follows each other around...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0