Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 Div 1B Results

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sandman

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Indo vs. Lobbans

Indo 5
Lobbans 2

Uneventful match at Hillcrest.......

Goal Scorer's:
Steve Grewal with two
Jas Singh
Shammi Birring
Todd Gronland

Sandman

RBM

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
definitely 3-1. Maybe someone can help me here. The 1-nil DCR goal came from a fellow who went off the pitch beside the net, waited because the play continued then stepped back on, took a pass, turned and scored. He never got permission to re-enter the field. Not sure about that one; I was a ref a long time ago, but he was off the pitch when the ball was passed to him, stepped on then scored. This must be offside, correct? He was behind everone including the goalie the entire time... They were the better team on the day, but that goal was a real disappointment... we'll find points somewhere this year... maybe not next week though............

john

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
RUFC 1 - 0 PCOV

Not a great game for either group................but after a sluggish start we got what we came for......all 3 points!

Kippex with the goal off a good knock down from Klaus, with Animal doing well to keep a clean sheet.

PCOV were without there star keeper who is still out with injury. It could be a tough couple of weeks for them as they face the red hot firemen next week.

Great to see a bunch of the DCR lads out scouting the match, at least it look like them (yahoos that is):D Looking forward to the match this weekend...........possibly on the worst field in the lower mainland:confused:

John

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
RBM

Someone can correct me if I am wrong, especially as I didn't see your game.

If the players volition carries him off the field, say as he is crossing the ball, then there is no need for him to get permission to return. But if he goes off the field - say the endline - and stays there deliberately to avoid being offside on the subsequent play, he definitely cannot come back on to receive a pass.

I think it was Norvan last year who did this deliberately on a corner kick, and not only did they beat us for a goal once, they did it twice in the SAME game. Despite protests, BOTH counted. The guy goes off the field to get the ball. He throws it to the guy taking the corner and stays off the field not far from the six yard line at the side of the net. We send a guy out to cover what looks like a short play with two guys out there, and they chip it over to the guy who runs onto the field who gets a shot into the net that he finishes twice!

There were two many college/university educated guys out defending that play.

The next time we played them we warned the ref, who when he saw it happening stopped play.

RBM

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Maybe it was the same ref, your situation sounds brutal. He definitely went off because of momentum, but he waited behind the line while the play continued no doubt for potential offside reasons then jumped on just like i described. Not sour grapes here even though the goal pretty much killed us, just curiosity. thanks for the reply.

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tough decision .....

Reccos & RBM,

I'll have to agree with Reccos on his 'analysis' of a player going off the park and coming back on. Funnily enough, two of the 7 cautionable offences are for a) entering or re-entering the field of play without the referee's permission and b) deliberately leaves the field of play without the referee's permission.

If a player's momentum carries him off the park for whatever reason and he makes an effort to get back into the play (as in say he knocks a ball around a defender, runs outside of the goal line or sideline to avoid the player and then regains possession), I'd let the play continue.

However, if he remains off the field of play for a few seconds before then coming on and then interfering with play, I'd definitely not allow the goal and I'd maybe even show him a yellow. Showing him a yellow may sound a little harsh but instances like this where a goal is then scored changes the outcome of the game, a yellow may be a 'point' where you can tell everyone that 'cheating' like this or circumventing the rules is not tolerated. And ..... it is technically a yellow :rolleyes:

Don't know if this helps but I thought I'd try and elaborate just a bit further ........ Cheers,

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Walks,

You've obviously taken one too many pucks to the head :D

~Regs.

PS. sorry but that seemed like the perfect opportunity to mention a little story I heard on the weekend :D

dirty daddy

Oct 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
just wondering

What if my belly is over the end line and the rest of my body is in play???

Does my belly need permission to re-enter the field of play???

Just wondering.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What the ??!!!!!!!

Where do I start ..........

Easy one: Dirty D ....... your belly is too bloody big that there's no way your body would stay on the park for more than 1/2 a second before pure momentum carried you off the park ........ once that bad boy gets going, there's no stopping it ........ you do make a lovely Korma though :D

Regs ...... :D Luckily for me, the puck deflected off a 12 year old kid first before it hit me !!!!!! I thought it was a nice gesture by myself giving the kid's mom the puck as he was carried up the stairs spewing bloody everywhere ........ it's all about the kids ......

In retrospect, my post earlier sounds like it's right off the FIFA website ...... shocking post I must say, my apologies to anyone that reads it :eek:

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Isn't there a golf thread somewhere ??

Smalls,

Didn't know you carried a laptop with you on the golf course .......

You know me, it'll never end !!!!!:D

john

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Walks,

I doubt he'd take time from golf to post here..................it must be one of the 150 sicks per year he gets:D

Cheers,

John

Oh and congrats Smalls...........when is the house warming????? Do you two have a favorite plant:eek:

cerebral smallsy

Oct 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
walks, i would never want it to end my friend.

p is right i don't have much time to post. too busy during the day working....on my game. 79 today.

no plants! i am working on stocking a liquor cabinet though...

off topic...i'm sure the moderator is gonna drop the hammer. so....good result last weekend....keep it up. beat up on the DCR cnuts this weekend!:wa:

Sandman

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yahoos vs. Idiots......

or is it Idiots vs. Yahoos.......

Don't these teams have a history? There had got to be some pre-game slagging........John? Willy? Piper?

We should bring up some posts form last year!

Must win this weekend for PCOV against the Whitecaps..er...sorry I mean Firemen....9-1-1?

Sandman;)

john

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sandman, you are a beauty:mad: ..............don't worry about the idiots vs yahoos game and getting any pre game hate on for each other! That will come at the 15 second mark when the first dodgy tackle takes place:D

The Sandman is the master manipulator..............making sure all of his mates keep quiet here all the while baiting others to give out motivation! I am still on to you Beaches...............

As for the Firemen, well what can one say about a team that just signs anyone that comes along! They had better win the next three games or the ship will start to sink..............I mean why did they feel the need to get these "so called superstars" when they are a game out of first anyways? Are they starting to panic????

Sandy, I look forward to your call Sunday afternoon and to seeing you next Saturday night:cool: Gonna give Auj, Toddy and others a free ticket but you.................you can pay for yours:D

Cheers,

John

john

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
We can get jobs too.......

This just in...............

RUFC's coach, also a Fireman, has been in negotiations with various Whitecaps and reports "talks are going well"!

Of note, Jason Jordan, a Richmond resident says "if I can work in Richmond, on Tuesdays and Thursdays, then I will join your team"!:rolleyes: Coach Fireman states that Jason is in adequate shape to pass the Firemans requirements so this new signing should just be a formality:D

Nowweshouldwincausewesignedawhitecapright?

John

P.S.

Jason's card is being done at the league office as we speak:eek:

Sandman

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
JJ

Good luck to JJ as he goes in for surgery (ankles) today. Hope he has a speedy recovery......

Sorry John, to throw a loop to the "JJ to RUFC" theory!

Dr. Sandman;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0